xbox one and iphone app firewall ports

Discus and support xbox one and iphone app firewall ports in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Fellas I have a bit of a question in regards to the firewall ports to get the mobile app working. Currently my consoles all sit in a VLAN that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SSGrasshopper, Sep 6, 2019.

1. xbox one and iphone app firewall ports

Hi Fellas

I have a bit of a question in regards to the firewall ports to get the mobile app working.

Currently my consoles all sit in a VLAN that upnp enabled (for open nat and works a dream) i then have a deny all from the console vlan to any private vlns and in reverse all vlans to the gaming vlan.

My issues is i have been sifting through the firewall logs and i can only see one port the iphone is trying to use and thats 5050 (not blocked and can see the allow rule being hit)

Anyone know what ports are used or have a link that has them as i cant get it to work.

***updated response**

Thanks guys for the replys,

The simple design is that all my consoles sit in VLAN 20, where UPNP is enabled.

Then VLAN 20 has a deny rule to all other VLANS (all ports)

Then all other VLANS has a deny rule to VLAN 20 (all ports)

The reason behind this that UPNP is enabled so i dont trust these devices.

All is working fine gaming is perfect but i was just wanting to get the iPhone app to work, i can move my iphone via wireless into VLAN 20 and it works fine,

Move it out and monitor the logs, when the app starts all it does is talk 5050 to the xbox and thats it. then the app wont find the console.

So thats why i was asking if anyone has done this before, i know it overkill but for me not really xbox one and iphone app firewall ports :)

Cheers

SSG

:)

SSGrasshopper, Sep 6, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

What exactly are you trying to get to work? Are you trying to use your iPhone as a controller for the Xbox (i.e. text entry or menu navigation)?

Could you also describe your network set up a bit and the need for VLANs? Depending on what you're trying to achieve with the Xbox App and/or the VLANs there might be a better way?
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

4. SSGrasshopper Win User

Thanks guys for the replys,

The simple design is that all my consoles sit in VLAN 20, where UPNP is enabled.

Then VLAN 20 has a deny rule to all other VLANS (all ports)

Then all other VLANS has a deny rule to VLAN 20 (all ports)

The reason behind this that UPNP is enabled so i dont trust these devices.

All is working fine gaming is perfect but i was just wanting to get the iPhone app to work, i can move my iphone via wireless into VLAN 20 and it works fine,

Move it out and monitor the logs, when the app starts all it does is talk 5050 to the xbox and thats it. then the app wont find the console.

So thats why i was asking if anyone has done this before, i know it overkill but for me not really :)
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Thanks for the update That answers some questions, in that you're looking to connect the mobile app to the console.

Question now is what do you want? Do you want to isolate the Xbox as you have or do you want to be able to connect to it across VLANs?

I could try to find the ports for the app, but you seem to have identified that with port 5050. So either you keep the devices isolated and keep blocking traffic between, you move the phone to the same VLAN to allow the connection , or you had a higher priority
    rule to allow 5050 traffic between the default VLAN and VLAN 20.

Seems like your router is performing UPNP for the console, and VLAN 20 outbound, but testing your custom rules as a higher priority and blocking all traffic between a identified, nor treating UPNP as lateral translation.

So I know what you're trying to do, now, but I don't know what your question is.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Is there something specific that's not working? I don't believe the app itself connects to the Xbox Live services, so the ports wouldn't be necessary to be opened? Port 5050 is a standard port for messaging, so that might not be the app itself, but messaging
    on the phone or another app? I would guess that the app uses 80 and/or 443 except during authentication maybe.

I know when I'm at my work, it's not ports that are blocking use of some services for Xbox Live, but how Microsoft and their web-traffic handle redirects around Microsoft Account authentication, where that is blocked at my corporate level on guest
    networks. So it might not be specifically ports, but redirection protection at some level preventing some functionality.

Let us know what's not working on the mobile app, and we'll see if we can help in more detail.
Thema:

1. xbox one and iphone app firewall ports - Similar Threads - iphone app firewall

2. Xbox app on iPhone - Video player scrubber not appearing

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iPhone - Video player scrubber not appearing: Xbox app - Video player scrubber problem on iPhone (13.1.3). Video player scrubber bar is not appearing (along with the ‘Done’ button that should be in left corner) when viewing my own and friends...
  3. Xbox iPhone app volume in chat

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox iPhone app volume in chat: Hi. My friends are having trouble hearing themselves loudly! As soon as i adjust the volume so i can hear friends in the party on the xbox phone app on my iphone, they can hear loud echo of their...
  4. Xbox iPhone app sign In not working due to cookies

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox iPhone app sign In not working due to cookies: i downloaded the xbox app on my iphone with ios 13. When i try to sign in it keeps saying that cookies are blocked however in my settings they aren’t. How can i fix this? I have deleted and...
  5. Xbox app chat not working on IPhone Xr

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app chat not working on IPhone Xr: Hey guys Ive been using the xbox app to chat in game with my friends, and its worked for a while. But today i cant get it to connect to a party. If i even try to start my own party it says...
  6. Xbox app on iPhone not loading

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iPhone not loading: Xbox app refuses to load on my iphone. just get a spinning loading screen with a white background. i was receiving notification up until lastt night and today...nothing...
  7. Xbox app on iPhone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iPhone: Ive been having this problem for about a month where when i load up my xbox app on my phone, all i get is a white screen with the loading symbol spinning round, i have waited on the app for a good...
  8. Xbox App on iPhone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox App on iPhone: So I’ve been having this problem for about a week now where i can open the app on my iphone but i can’t open messages or save videos or any other interaction. i can see who is online and i still...
  9. Xbox app on iPhone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on iPhone: The xbox app isnt loading messages or allowing me to save captures to my phone. I keep getting this message [img] a7d3cc9d-c4d7-44fc-bbcd-d1239a5fc388
  10. Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app messages not working on iPad and iPhone: I was hoping someone could help me with an issue I’m having. All of a sudden, i am not able to use the messaging feature with the xbox app on my ipad and iphone. When i try, i get the error...