Xbox One and not being able to play updated games

Discus and support Xbox One and not being able to play updated games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the last week and a half any games that got updated would stop working. They would come up with the error code 0x80073cf9 and tell me to uninstall... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WakingWhistle73, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Xbox One and not being able to play updated games

For the last week and a half any games that got updated would stop working. They would come up with the error code 0x80073cf9 and tell me to uninstall and reinstall the game, but when I did that nothing changed and told me to do the same thing. It started with Forza Horizon 4 and I saw that It was being fixed, but then other games stopped working. I've had Decenders, Stardew Valley, and Knockout City. I don't know what to do and eventually none of my games are going to work!

:)

WakingWhistle73, Jun 8, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

3. xxW0LFxx TFD Win User

One You Hate, One You Love

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

I love being able to play a game as it installs or another while it updates.

I hate that the ONE is not Backwards Compatible because there's so much great stuff on the 360 still.

[/quote]

Being able to play another game while an update is being installed has proved a great boon! And I'm with you on the lack of backwards compatibility: for that very reason I've kept my 360, although that meant finding the funds for the Xbox One was trickier.
  4. kaosbringer12 Win User

No Status Code

Will I still be able to play games if I can't reinstall the update? (I had to clear my system cache which resulted in me not being able to play any of my games that had been updated)
  5. stowej94 Win User

Unregister new Xbox preview

Some games you cant even play together with. Madden being one of the games. ever since i updated my system with the beta me and my friends have not been able to play madden together!!
  6. AmazingBrady88 Win User

Issues Reading discs error code (0x21): Your disc might be dirty or damaged.

When is the April update available in Canada?

This is SO Frustrating not being able to play games on a gaming console...
Thema:

1. Xbox One and not being able to play updated games - Similar Threads - being able play

2. Questions regarding Xbox insider *levels?* and being able to play free games without live.

in XboX Insiders
    Questions regarding Xbox insider *levels?* and being able to play free games without live.: Hi everyone, I’m really new to all of this so I apologize In advance for my ignorance. I’ve been trying to do some research but still have some questions. 1. I have downloaded insider hub, and...
  3. Call of duty, being able to play the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty, being able to play the game: Everytime i go to play gunfight it signs me out and says DevError6034. Ive uninstalled. And installed twice. I dont know what to do, can i get any help please bb1b1e09-2056-4ce6-8180-0b042a9a6823
  4. cannot change Xbox privacy settings as an adult, as a result not being able to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot change Xbox privacy settings as an adult, as a result not being able to play...: In my account I cannot change my xbox privacy settings I do not recall it being a child account please help. d8944020-3a82-48cd-9d2a-942dfecaf76a
  5. Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"?: I was wondering if Xbox One consoles will still be able to have the ability to play online after deemed obsolete. Currently saving up for a One X and not planning to spend more than a One X to get...
  6. Not being able to play gamepass games.

in XboX Insiders
    Not being able to play gamepass games.: I was trying to play Falconeer and Call of the Sea but when I reach the title screen where it states to press any button to continue it doesn’t work. I’ve restarted, reinstalled and reconnected my...
  7. Not being able to play any Xbox 360 on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to play any Xbox 360 on xbox one: So i got ultimate recently but none of my xbox 360 games work they start but wont let me log in it says network errors when i can only fine with my xbox one games 6 days ago my skate 3 worked but...
  8. Not being able to play with other people with nat open

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not being able to play with other people with nat open: So basically about 4 months ago i started to have a problem playing with people online, even when i bought gold. I can open online sessions but not join or play with other people. I tried opening...
  9. Not being able to play multiplayer

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play multiplayer: I got Java Minecraft today and when I tried playing multiplayer and it says 'Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your account settings.'. I've been troubleshooting for hours and most of the...
  10. Not being able to play Forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not being able to play Forza horizon 4: Hi. Im having trouble to get my forza horizon 4 loading. The problem is When i start the game it just gets stuck on the loading screen. The loading screen is moving and it shows my achievements...