Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume

Discus and support Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone know if the Sonos Play Bar can be controlled by the xbox. ie does 'Xbox Volume up' work? thanks in advance... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Guildford 5, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume

Does anyone know if the Sonos Play Bar can be controlled by the xbox.

ie does 'Xbox Volume up' work?

thanks in advance

:)

The Guildford 5, Nov 24, 2014
  2. jetsafl
    jetsafl Guest
    Xbox One Media Remote Volume Problems

I have this same issue with the remote not always controlling the volume on my Sony sound bar. One other thing I noticed besides the hit or miss volume control is that my Xbox won't change the volume either through remote control or voice control for the
    first 5 or so minutes after the Xbox starts. Going to try to unplug and restart to see if that fixes the issue but I agree very annoying, the remote works ok besides that.

jetsafl, Nov 24, 2014
  3. FarazGafoor
    FarazGafoor Guest
    Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have a Vizio soundbar connected to my TV. I ran the Audio Receiver Setup on the Xbox One and now the X1 powers on/off the soundbar along with my entire TV/DVR system.

As for volume control, if you've ran the Audio Receiver Setup then you can control the Soundbar via either voice commands or the Xbox One Smartglass App (the volume controls on Smartglass will no longer control the TV volume, however, as they'll become dedicated
    to the soundbar--I presume the same may be me true for voice commands).

FarazGafoor, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume

No, it can't. I was searching the forum to see if anyone knew when it would be added to the device list. It is not listed as a TV or an Audio receiver. Currently the Xbox tries to adjust the volume on my Epson projector, which is listed as the TV for power
    control, instead of adjusting the volume on the optical port where the Sonos is plugged in. There is also currently no Sonos app for the Xbox. So, I am stuck controlling just the sonos with my phone or a separate remote to control volume. It sure would be
    nice to get this added to the list to either be controllable with an IR extender or through the optical port.

HuntingBonsai32, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Hey there, HuntingBonsai32! This thread is almost a year old. I suggest posting this up as a suggestion on the

Feedback site
    . If you need assistance with a support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar  -  Voice Control for the volume :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, HuntingBonsai32! This thread is almost a year old. I suggest posting this up as a suggestion on the

Feedback site
    . If you need assistance with a support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  7. HuntingBonsai32 Win User

No, it can't. I was searching the forum to see if anyone knew when it would be added to the device list. It is not listed as a TV or an Audio receiver. Currently the Xbox tries to adjust the volume on my Epson projector, which is listed as the TV for power
    control, instead of adjusting the volume on the optical port where the Sonos is plugged in. There is also currently no Sonos app for the Xbox. So, I am stuck controlling just the sonos with my phone or a separate remote to control volume. It sure would be
    nice to get this added to the list to either be controllable with an IR extender or through the optical port.
  8. jetsafl Win User

Xbox One Media Remote Volume Problems

I have this same issue with the remote not always controlling the volume on my Sony sound bar. One other thing I noticed besides the hit or miss volume control is that my Xbox won't change the volume either through remote control or voice control for the
    first 5 or so minutes after the Xbox starts. Going to try to unplug and restart to see if that fixes the issue but I agree very annoying, the remote works ok besides that.
  9. wrafios Win User

Xbox 360 headset - microphone not working

Also, as for this tip:

"Other players cannot hear you

Make sure that the volume level is set correctly and that the volume is not muted in the Personal Settings area. To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox Guide button on the Xbox 360 controller.

Scroll right to Settings.

Select Preferences.

Select Voice.

Make sure that the Mute option is not selected. To turn off the Mute option, select Mute, and then press the A button.

Increase the volume. To do this, select the volume bar, and then press the D-pad or the left stick."

I don't have this option "Mute" under the Voice menu...
  10. FarazGafoor Win User

Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have a Vizio soundbar connected to my TV. I ran the Audio Receiver Setup on the Xbox One and now the X1 powers on/off the soundbar along with my entire TV/DVR system.

As for volume control, if you've ran the Audio Receiver Setup then you can control the Soundbar via either voice commands or the Xbox One Smartglass App (the volume controls on Smartglass will no longer control the TV volume, however, as they'll become dedicated
    to the soundbar--I presume the same may be me true for voice commands).
Thema:

1. Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume - Similar Threads - Sonos Play Bar

2. What games does everyone enjoy playing with their family or friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    What games does everyone enjoy playing with their family or friends: I enjoy Mario Kart and Monopoly with family members. e6bed4d0-54a7-48b3-bb90-f1ac721a6438
  3. Ciao sono di ps4 e o fatto ľ account ho messo il codice e poi mi e spuntato si e verificato...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ciao sono di ps4 e o fatto ľ account ho messo il codice e poi mi e spuntato si e verificato...: [Edit - Title Translation] - Hi I'm from ps4 and done ľ account I put the code and then it popped an error occurred while connecting to your Microsoft account Aiutatemi a fare questo problema mi...
  4. ciao ieri ho provato a fare un abbonamento a xbox live gold da 1 euro,i soldi mi sono...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ciao ieri ho provato a fare un abbonamento a xbox live gold da 1 euro,i soldi mi sono...: [Translation - hello yesterday I tried to make a subscription to xbox live gold from 1 euro,the money remained i and the subscription did not make me do it] ---------- ciao ho un problema...
  5. Perchè sono stato bannato ingiustamente [Translation-Because I was banned unjustly ]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Perchè sono stato bannato ingiustamente [Translation-Because I was banned unjustly ]: Mi trovavo in una semplice partita di rainbow six siege Ad un tratto bannato perchè entro nel gruppo di un player che mi invita e mi teamkillava e questi mi segnalano e vengo bannato Non si puo...
  6. I games with gold riscattati sono spariti dalla lista di installazione pronta, e me li fa ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I games with gold riscattati sono spariti dalla lista di installazione pronta, e me li fa ...: Scusate il disturbo ma avrei un problema che si è ripetuto nell'arco degli anni. Alcune volte, senza alcun apparente motivo, scompaiono dei giochi games with gold riscattati, dalla lista dei...
  7. Connect Xbox One to Sonos speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Xbox One to Sonos speakers: When creating a DLNA today with my laptop, I noticed my Xbox One found my Sonos Play:1 speakers. Is there a way to use them as my primary audio outs? Thanks, Chris...
  8. cosa sono i microsoft point [Translation: What are the microsoft points]

in XBoX on Consoles
    cosa sono i microsoft point [Translation: What are the microsoft points]: salve, cosa sono i microsoft point e come si usano su xbox live? [Translation: Hi, what are the microsoft points and how do they use it on xbox live?] c432553d-4a7a-4237-b630-9c07de3d5b05
  9. Sono un giocatore di xbox one. Mi servirebbe aiuto non riesco a messaggiare con gli altri ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sono un giocatore di xbox one. Mi servirebbe aiuto non riesco a messaggiare con gli altri ...: [img] 431b99a1-0900-47aa-bc81-bf59b48405f6
  10. Xbox One S and Sonos dd5.1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S and Sonos dd5.1: I have sonos 5.1 in my front room and this worked fine with my Original Xbox One using bitstream output. But now with my new Xbox One S I can't get any audio output when setting the xbox to output...