Xbox One and Voice Communication / Chatting

Discus and support Xbox One and Voice Communication / Chatting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, looking for some help with my Xbox Ones. My son and I both have our own consoles, in the same house connected over the same Wifi Network. We... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Antc82, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Antc82
    Antc82 Guest

Hey all, looking for some help with my Xbox Ones. My son and I both have our own consoles, in the same house connected over the same Wifi Network. We can play multiplayer games together no worries at all. We recently got wired headsets so we could chat
    without having to yell across the house, however we cannot get chat to work unless we create a Party on Xbox Live. Are we able to chat with each other without having an Xbox Live membership and without using Party?

Thanks

Ant

:)

Antc82, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Kableosophy Win User

Smartglass Wifi Direct

The Xbox One controller does not use WiFi Direct for any of it's communication. The controller uses a proprietary wireless communication protocol that is optimized for gameplay and voice chat.
  3. Dadwhite Win User

Have no clue why I got a communication ban.

Communications bans are not just from voice communications but any form of communications

Here is a sample for the enforcement site about comm bans:

Communications Suspensions
    Communication suspensions are imposed due to inappropriate conduct during communication activities on Xbox Live. This suspension blocks an account from accessing any communication features on Xbox Live, including text messages, voice messages, video communications,
    Skype on Xbox One, in-game chat, and party chat. Communications suspensions are issued for a specified temporary duration, often of 1, 7, or 14 days.
  4. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Hi,

Unfortunately, you need a Live membership to be able to play multiplayer games online. As you are in the same house you can buy one subscription and share it between your consoles. Some games may not have an in-game chat, or it may not work as well as the
    Xbox Party chat, its also more private this way.
  5. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

I wouldn't have thought so - is there a reason you don't want to party up?
  6. AdzFoz Win User

Some games have inbuilt chat features but there is no way to communicate on xbox otherwise.
Thema:

1. Xbox One and Voice Communication / Chatting - Similar Threads - Voice Communication Chatting

2. How would a voice communication report work?.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How would a voice communication report work?.: If someone breaks the Code of Conduct in a party, how does XBOX know that the user actually did such things?. 79836c8d-4d9f-4705-9905-ed8503d0f385
  3. Xbox Parental Control Settings ( Voice Communication )

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Parental Control Settings ( Voice Communication ): I have noticed alot of xbox users been getting banned lately and I would love to give some insight in regards to what could possibly be the reason. I would love for users to read the importance of...
  4. Why is my account suspened for voice communication

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my account suspened for voice communication: i was wondering why my account got suspeneded i just wanna know. Like who reported it and why. c2fae0bb-ee5d-44f8-84c9-ba75ae0965fa
  5. Changing Others can communicate with voice text or invites to Everybody on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Others can communicate with voice text or invites to Everybody on PC: Recently while playing Sea of Thieves I have not been able to hear proximity chat. However, I figured out when I joined a crew in the game (Random Fill) I could not hear them either. I was then...
  6. geblokkerd accound spraak communicatie [Blocked Accound Voice communication ]

in XBoX on Consoles
    geblokkerd accound spraak communicatie [Blocked Accound Voice communication ]: een vriend van mij is op xbox geblokkerd voor het breken van de gedrags code iemand was een gesprek aangegaan met mijn vriend waarbij hij sexueele berichten stuurde en vrezelijk veel invites er...
  7. Xbox One Voice Ban Appeal for a Communication Ban that is less than 24 Hours

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Voice Ban Appeal for a Communication Ban that is less than 24 Hours: I was playing Rainbow Six Siege with my buddy and I got killed. The guy who killed me sent me a message after the match saying I was quote "trash dood". All I ever replied back to him was that he...
  8. Voice Communication Suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice Communication Suspension: Basically I was suspended for a very dumb founded and awful reason, I cannot even apply to appeal for the suspension. I am very frustrated with this because I share my account with my brother, who...
  9. I have had my accounts voice chat and other communications suspended for a week.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have had my accounts voice chat and other communications suspended for a week.: I received abusive messages from 2 players after playing a game of SMITE on xbox one. I defended myself and me and the other players engaged in a back and forth in which the players personally...
  10. I can't communicate with anyone via voice nor chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't communicate with anyone via voice nor chat: I am not the only one that plays on my account and idk what happened but it said because of my behavior I cannot send messages and I can't talk in party chat I was wondering if this could be...