Xbox One and Xbox360 parties

Discus and support Xbox One and Xbox360 parties in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there peepz, I play Xbox One and my friend has a Xbox 360. Is there any way that I can join one of their parties, or play on the same game server... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bug0953, May 14, 2019.

1. Bug0953
    Bug0953 Guest

Hey there peepz,

I play Xbox One and my friend has a Xbox 360. Is there any way that I can join one of their parties, or play on the same game server together?

:)

Bug0953, May 14, 2019
  2. vHearth Win User

Party wise, a way is for your friend to use the xbox app with a earphones or a headset that works through the device and then he joins your party or you join his that he starts up from there.
  3. WoA NightWolf V Win User

I believe if the user on xbox one has a backwards compatible game you are able to add there xbox 360 account and join the party but only while playing said gsme.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

There are several solutions:

For Party chat, you can start any backwards compatible Xbox 360 game on your Xbox One, and then initiate or join a party with them through the Xbox 360 dashboard (accessible on the Xbox One by pressing View and Menu buttons (the small buttons left and right
    of the Xbox button on the controller) at the same time).

Alternatively, your friends can use the Xbox App on a Windows 10 PC or Xbox App on a compatible smartphone to join your Xbox One party.

As for playing on the "same game server", you would need to play the Xbox 360 version of their game.

So for example, if your friends play FIFA [insert year number here] on the Xbox 360, you can NOT join them by starting the Xbox One FIFA [same year number here].

Also, if your friends play Halo on the Xbox 360, you can NOT join them by launching the game in the Master Chief Collection.

However, if they start a game that is on the
    Xbox One Backwards Compatibility list
    , and you do have the Xbox 360 version of the game on your Xbox One, you can play on the same server as them.
  5. Alucario Ultra Win User

To play a BCG, Yes.

Sometimes I play Reach on my Xbox one, and join some friends party chats.

So yeah, you can.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Bug,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can
    view this guide
    for help with this issue. Basically you are able to if you do it through the Xbox 360 emulator.

In an Xbox 360 game, send game invites and start parties the way you would on Xbox 360: using the Xbox Guide. Open the guide by pressing the
    View button and Menu
    button at the same time, then choose Friends or
    Party and follow the instructions.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox One and Xbox360 parties - Similar Threads - Xbox360 parties

2. reading xbox360 games in the XboxOne

in XBoX Games and Apps
    reading xbox360 games in the XboxOne: Hello, my xbox one does not read the xbox 360 game discs even though they are part of the compatibility list. I thought maybe the problem came from the fact that I didn't use the same account in...
  3. Skyrim xbox360 add-ons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skyrim xbox360 add-ons: I am playing Skyrim for the second time. However this time it does not show any add-ons as being available. How can I get them? 382b7e8b-61ae-4393-9a80-2f9b0a6d9b12
  4. Error Code Can not connect to live XBOX360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code Can not connect to live XBOX360: [img] Here is the Tracer Route, i tried everything on the help site.. please help fb4b9e1c-2ab5-4df4-87ac-f0b94da4cc3d
  5. : Error de conexión xbox360 a internet [Translate] Xbox360 internet connection error

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Error de conexión xbox360 a internet [Translate] Xbox360 internet connection error: : Error de conexión xbox360 a internet [Translate] Xbox360 internet connection error Thks a lot. I will revert to you when my internet purveyor open the ports... By the way... Is it possible an...
  6. Tengo un problema com mi cuenta de Xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tengo un problema com mi cuenta de Xbox360: Mi problema es cuando unirme a Xbox live con mi otra cuenta pero la consola me pone que hay un erro que lo vuelva hacer en otro momento llevo 1 semana , tambien cuando quiero descargar un perfil y...
  7. upgrade Minecraft from xbox360 to Xbox one

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    upgrade Minecraft from xbox360 to Xbox one: i purchased minecraft a couple of years ago on xbox360 now I have an xbox one I see from store that upgrading from 360 costs ~5$ instead of normal ~25$ price I do not understand how to do that.....
  8. xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox360: como cambiar una cuenta Gmail de mi cuenta de Xbox , cuando intento entrar desde mi consola no me deja. tengo otra cuanta abierta de Hotmail pero en la otra es donde tengo las subcripciones....
  9. xbox360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox360: does anybody have a problem connecting to the WWE network with an smart tv? Can get it with Ipads and iPhone in Australia. The apps is asking to download, can't access app. This is the first time...
  10. My Xbox360 keeps telling me to contact xbox when trying to open voice messages or accept party ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 keeps telling me to contact xbox when trying to open voice messages or accept party ...: This problem has only begun today and i have no clue of its cause. i have tried changing privacy setting like the support forums have told me but nothing seems to be working....