Xbox One and Xbox360 parties

Discus and support Xbox One and Xbox360 parties in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there peepz, I play Xbox One and my friend has a Xbox 360. Is there any way that I can join one of their parties, or play on the same game server... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bug0953, May 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

1. Bug0953
    Bug0953 Guest

Hey there peepz,

I play Xbox One and my friend has a Xbox 360. Is there any way that I can join one of their parties, or play on the same game server together?

:)

2. vHearth Win User

Party wise, a way is for your friend to use the xbox app with a earphones or a headset that works through the device and then he joins your party or you join his that he starts up from there.
  3. WoA NightWolf V Win User

I believe if the user on xbox one has a backwards compatible game you are able to add there xbox 360 account and join the party but only while playing said gsme.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

There are several solutions:

For Party chat, you can start any backwards compatible Xbox 360 game on your Xbox One, and then initiate or join a party with them through the Xbox 360 dashboard (accessible on the Xbox One by pressing View and Menu buttons (the small buttons left and right
    of the Xbox button on the controller) at the same time).

Alternatively, your friends can use the Xbox App on a Windows 10 PC or Xbox App on a compatible smartphone to join your Xbox One party.

As for playing on the "same game server", you would need to play the Xbox 360 version of their game.

So for example, if your friends play FIFA [insert year number here] on the Xbox 360, you can NOT join them by starting the Xbox One FIFA [same year number here].

Also, if your friends play Halo on the Xbox 360, you can NOT join them by launching the game in the Master Chief Collection.

However, if they start a game that is on the
    Xbox One Backwards Compatibility list
    , and you do have the Xbox 360 version of the game on your Xbox One, you can play on the same server as them.
  5. Alucario Ultra Win User

To play a BCG, Yes.

Sometimes I play Reach on my Xbox one, and join some friends party chats.

So yeah, you can.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Bug,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can
    view this guide
    for help with this issue. Basically you are able to if you do it through the Xbox 360 emulator.

In an Xbox 360 game, send game invites and start parties the way you would on Xbox 360: using the Xbox Guide. Open the guide by pressing the
    View button and Menu
    button at the same time, then choose Friends or
    Party and follow the instructions.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox One and Xbox360 parties - Similar Threads - Xbox360 parties

2. Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC: hi there, i'm trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc and i'm having problems with it, i've tried many things at this point, i tried changing the driver, updade the driver, unstalling and...
  3. Game pass no xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass no xbox360: Assinei a Xbox Game Pass, mas não estou conseguindo baixar os jogos, vou no jogo da lista e quando seleciono, aparece pra mim comprar o jogo e não para jogar através da assinatura do Game Pass....
  4. How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?: I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that...
  5. How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?: I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that...
  6. All of my Xbox360 games on xbox one wont connect to Xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of my Xbox360 games on xbox one wont connect to Xbox live.: My Xbox360 games on Xbox one wont connect to Xbox live. When i start up the game it says ''Disconected to xbox live'' Even when i sign in it wont give me xbox live. And ithout it i won't be able...
  7. Red power light on xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red power light on xbox360: Moved console to a new location. On start up console power lite turns red after 3 seconds. Power adapter lite stays green. Any ideas? 5770d192-06f7-4152-8490-562b64174aa6
  8. : جهاز الxbox360خاصتي لا يحمل الupdate [Translation-My xbox360 device does not carry the...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : جهاز الxbox360خاصتي لا يحمل الupdate [Translation-My xbox360 device does not carry the...: : جهاز الxbox360خاصتي لا يحمل الupdate [Translation-My xbox360 device does not carry the update] Hi WaelGrably, Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. It seems that your Xbox 360 cannot...
  9. XBOX360 and Android TV Box

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 and Android TV Box: Hello, is it possible to connect Android TV box with XBOX360 controller ? - to play games from Google play with this controller Thank you very much Jirka Janda...
  10. My Xbox360 keeps telling me to contact xbox when trying to open voice messages or accept party ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 keeps telling me to contact xbox when trying to open voice messages or accept party ...: This problem has only begun today and i have no clue of its cause. i have tried changing privacy setting like the support forums have told me but nothing seems to be working....