Xbox One audio dropping down to stereo uncompressed automatically

Discus and support Xbox One audio dropping down to stereo uncompressed automatically in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same issue. It will either change to 7.1 5.1 or stereo uncompressed. I'm trying to get it to stick with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GENER4L PURPOSE, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Xbox One audio dropping down to stereo uncompressed automatically

I have the same issue. It will either change to 7.1 5.1 or stereo uncompressed. I'm trying to get it to stick with the Dolby Atmos. Clearly an issue with the latest update and requires a patch

:)

GENER4L PURPOSE, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Bangemdead
    Bangemdead Guest

Same with me and 7.1 although not every time, strange.

Bangemdead, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Xbox One audio dropping down to stereo uncompressed automatically

Had this problem since day one launch. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. I personally think it has to do with the xbox's ability to communicate with some receivers properly. They won't patch this cause most techs have never even heard of the issue
    and others only a couple times which is because no one is calling to report it or they tell the tech it's resolved after going through their steps only to find out it happens again. I have changes the hdmi cables. I have set the settings of my remote to power
    xbox on last as well as first. It just doesn't make a difference. It's evident to be a software issue but it will never be resolved so get used to it.

ForsakenZombi, Nov 23, 2018
  4. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest

Hi GENER4L PURPOSE,

Thanks for your post! If there are any issues with the audio output format switching on its own, try performing a soft factory reset. A soft factory reset will reset the operating system on the console as an effort to stabilize the console. Here's how to
    do so:
    Xbox One Factory Reset
    . Be sure to keep your Microsoft Account information ready to sign back into your account and choose
    "Reset and keep my games & apps" so you do not have to reinstall your content after the reset.

Let us know how this goes, thanks again!

XBF Ezra G, Nov 23, 2018
  5. Lord Vader 631 Win User

Same thing here. I set it to 7.1 and it changes to stereo uncompressed by itself, but not all the time. Just power cycled the XB1 and it changed back to stereo. I reset it to 7.1, so hopefully it acts better from here on in. I think kellycraven might be
    on to something with the order, because when I had the XB1 set to turn on my receiver, it always reset to stereo. Starting up the receiver first seems to keep my in 7.1 more often. Then need to fix this soon.
  6. thecrue05 Win User

I've had xbox one users power cycling and that seems to be working.
  7. Kelly Craven Win User

Try power cycling the xbox and the receiver and turning them on one after the other, then in reverse order. I'm wondering if one way is good and the other is resetting causing a reset to the default 2 channel audio. Xbox should not allow setting to a mode
    not supported so I'm guessing it thinks the 5.1/7.1 modes aren't available when it's booting up.
  8. ForsakenZombi Win User

Had this problem since day one launch. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. I personally think it has to do with the xbox's ability to communicate with some receivers properly. They won't patch this cause most techs have never even heard of the issue
    and others only a couple times which is because no one is calling to report it or they tell the tech it's resolved after going through their steps only to find out it happens again. I have changes the hdmi cables. I have set the settings of my remote to power
    xbox on last as well as first. It just doesn't make a difference. It's evident to be a software issue but it will never be resolved so get used to it.
  9. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi GENER4L PURPOSE,

Thanks for your post! If there are any issues with the audio output format switching on its own, try performing a soft factory reset. A soft factory reset will reset the operating system on the console as an effort to stabilize the console. Here's how to
    do so:
    Xbox One Factory Reset
    . Be sure to keep your Microsoft Account information ready to sign back into your account and choose
    "Reset and keep my games & apps" so you do not have to reinstall your content after the reset.

Let us know how this goes, thanks again!
Thema:

1. Xbox One audio dropping down to stereo uncompressed automatically - Similar Threads - audio dropping down

2. Drop down audio adjustment menu not showing up with wireless headset connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Drop down audio adjustment menu not showing up with wireless headset connected: I recently purchased a pair of turtle beach stealth 600s for Xbox one. When I got to adjust the audio setting when clicking the home button the audio prompt isn't there. However, when I plug in my...
  3. Fallout 76 audio drops upon loading in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 audio drops upon loading in: I have been having an issue with Fallout 76's audio. Everytime I am on the main menu, the music/sound is fine. As soon as I load into a world, the sound is fine for a few seconds, then drops like...
  4. UHD stutters, freezes, audio drops and locks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UHD stutters, freezes, audio drops and locks: I have Googled this quite a few times over the past two years and have seen plenty of complaints, but never a fix aside from "do a full factory reset". Why in the world would I have to do a...
  5. Multiple issues while playing FF15. Including Audio cutouts, frame drops, game crashes, and...

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple issues while playing FF15. Including Audio cutouts, frame drops, game crashes, and...: FF15 seems to have several issues right now. Notes to start: Xbox One X Uplink: 3Mbps Down: 35Mbps Wired connection Game downloaded via Game Pass Royal Edition Subnautica is having similar issues...
  6. Static and drop outs in audio while streaming with wired headset, no matter what controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static and drop outs in audio while streaming with wired headset, no matter what controller...: When I'm playing games without streaming, I don't have any issues with static with my wired headset and wired or wireless controllers. When I'm streaming on Mixer, especially "busy" games like COD...
  7. Xbox One S All-Digital Edition HDMI Audio Dropping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S All-Digital Edition HDMI Audio Dropping: Starting a month or two after purchasing my Xbox, I've run into an issue where the audio will drop for a second or two every few minutes, and sometimes the entire HDMI connection drops. Issue...
  8. Audio stuttering, drops. For Months same thing. WWZ Game.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio stuttering, drops. For Months same thing. WWZ Game.: I have reformatted my system probably 10 times. I have deleted my profile multiple times. I have loaded game on other hard drives including external and the internal. I have reinstalled the game...
  9. XBox One S drops audio for 1 to 2 seconds and returns

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S drops audio for 1 to 2 seconds and returns: My XBox One S is connected via HDMI to my 4K Vizio 65" television, HDMI-1. The audio leads out from the back of the television via optical cable to the Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar in front of the...
  10. Xbox One Audio Drop when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Audio Drop when gaming: Hi, Hoping Someone can help with a problem I've had since buying a new sound system - have called Richer Sounds, googled the sh*t out of this and can't seem to get a resolution! Is driving me...