Xbox One Auto downloading games and apps!

Discus and support Xbox One Auto downloading games and apps! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox One every so often will auto download game demos and apps and even games with gold without my knowledge! My Xbox is set to 'Instant on mode'... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UK D0MINATI0N, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Xbox One Auto downloading games and apps!

My Xbox One every so often will auto download game demos and apps and even games with gold without my knowledge!

My Xbox is set to 'Instant on mode' and sometimes I will go on after work and have 2,3 or even 4 things downloaded on my Xbox!

A couple of times I have been playing a game and got notifications saying that things are ready to play or open.

No one else has access to my Xbox so I know its not that, I did however buy the Xbox second hand. The Xbox is set to my Home Xbox.

I am pretty sure I factory reset the Xbox when I got it, so just a guess that the previous owner, if had now got another Xbox, that one would be set as his Home Xbox, ruling out the auto download to my Xbox as if we were 'sharing'.

Any help would be appreciated as I would rather not factory reset my Xbox unless I absolutely had to.

:)

UK D0MINATI0N, Dec 9, 2015
  2. automatic downloads from pc to xbox

hi i was wondering if there was a way to stop apps i download onto my pc from automatically downloading onto my xbox one, without turning off auto downloads on my xbox. it is a major pain in the ass and is rather stupid i am not given the option when downloading
    an app, thank youy

UnsealingZeus, Dec 10, 2015
  3. ManiacBart
    ManiacBart Guest
    Xbox One doesn't auto update games or apps

My x1 has never auto updated games or apps can someone please help?

It's a launch edition x1, instant on is setup and the auto update downloading box checked. Firmware is up-to-date.

Unfortunately my x1 has never auto updated which is real annoying

ManiacBart, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

It does sound as if the console is still set as the previous owner's Home console. That is the only way you would be downloading anything you haven't set to download yourself. He may not have gotten a new console and changed that.

Smwutches, Dec 10, 2015
  5. MiniatureNeo
    MiniatureNeo Guest
    My Xbox downloads the Games for Gold on its own too. I got my Xbox new so I doubt it has something to do with the previous owner

MiniatureNeo, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

It does sound as if the console is still set as the previous owner's Home console. That is the only way you would be downloading anything you haven't set to download yourself. He may not have gotten a new console and changed that.
  7. MiniatureNeo Win User

My Xbox downloads the Games for Gold on its own too. I got my Xbox new so I doubt it has something to do with the previous owner
  8. darkist1 Win User

Add on purchased from xbox store didn't download

Hi DamonS1,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with the Store Purchases.

Normally the Games/APP's should auto-download, but you can maybe double check your settings to make sure the remote install option is enabled, and that your Xbox is set up to auto-download updates and games.

These settings are done under the Xbox Settings.

I hope your game downloads and your daughter enjoys many hours playing.

Have a good one.
  9. DEACON Win User

I've activated my Titanfall Beta though Xbox Live, but it didn't say it was queued to download...

just fyi, there is no auto download for Xbox One. you can queue it up but it will not begin to download until you physically tell it to. not even when you power your console on. you'll still have to go into your My Games & Apps to start the download.
  10. InsanKilla clan Win User

downloaded update took 2 mins now im installing it taken 45 mins to do 60%

Thema:

1. Xbox One Auto downloading games and apps! - Similar Threads - Auto downloading games

2. Xbox one S won't auto update/download games when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won't auto update/download games when off: My xbox is on instant on but it refuses to download anything when off and when i turn it on it has a spinning wheel saying im signing in or "whos playing today" fa04d7ca-3a3d-4bf7-ba77-09bce361bf3d
  3. Auto Downloading Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Auto Downloading Games: The last number of days or so my Xbox One X has been auto downloading games from Game Pass. Either games I have played on a different Xbox One or have never tried. I woke this morning and found...
  4. Games and apps not auto updating or downloading while console is in standby

in XboX Insiders
    Games and apps not auto updating or downloading while console is in standby: I'm in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring and have an issue on my Series X where games and apps won't automatically update. The console will finish continue to download whatever is currently being...
  5. Disable auto updates for games downloaded through Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Disable auto updates for games downloaded through Game Pass for PC: What in the actual [mod removed] I don't even have game pass running and The Outer Worlds auto-updated IN THE BACKGROUND WITH NO PROMPT & WITH NO WAY TO PAUSE THE DOWNLOAD using up ALL 20...
  6. Game Updates not Auto Downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Updates not Auto Downloading: Why won't my Xbox one X automatically download updates overnight or during the day? I have to start the game, then it closes and starts and update when one is found. My current settings:...
  7. Grand Theft Auto 5 Downloadable game off Xbox Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grand Theft Auto 5 Downloadable game off Xbox Store: I bought this game a a couple years ago. I was upset when it got done downloading, because when i went into the game it would either freeze up or be stuck at the main screen. From then on i...
  8. Game Updates not Auto Downloading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Updates not Auto Downloading: Why won't my Xbox one X automatically download updates overnight or during the day? I have to start the game, then it closes and starts and update when one is found. My current settings:...
  9. Games not auto downloading to console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games not auto downloading to console: I have been having issues with games not auto downloading to my Xbox which was working fine a month ago. I have all settings correct for Xbox to do this but when I turn on my Xbox they have not...
  10. Xbox 360 - Auto-Downloads off still allows downloads of app and game updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - Auto-Downloads off still allows downloads of app and game updates: Hi, Even though my Xbox 360 (Elite) has the Auto-Downloads setting set to 'Off', I'm finding that apps and games are still automatically updating without my consent. Is there any way (short of...