Xbox ONE backwards compatibility but now option to purchase

Discus and support Xbox ONE backwards compatibility but now option to purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I found an irritating bug that prevented me from buying an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox ONE, although the game is compatible it is not possible to purchase... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohanLiebenberg1, May 22, 2020.

1. Xbox ONE backwards compatibility but now option to purchase

I found an irritating bug that prevented me from buying an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox ONE, although the game is compatible it is not possible to purchase it on the Xbox ONE.

A Microsoft support person told me that one would need find a Xbox 360, log in there to purchase the game to get it available to download and play on the Xbox ONE. As I got the Xbox ONE because i don't have my 360 anymore. It only makes sense that if the
    console supports playing a game it should be able to be purchased on it as well.

:)

JohanLiebenberg1, May 22, 2020
  2. SpiffyCorpse Win User

skate 2011 or 2007

If you're on a Xbox One console, and are trying to purchase the game it would say whether or not you can under backwards compatibility. If the option isn't there, it's not backwards compatible but you can also check here: https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
  3. MKDeed Win User

only other option is to try online that's what i have had to do a couplle of times but i do find it a bit silly do need to change it.
  4. seanbradley2 Win User

Kann mein Xbox One Guthaben nicht nutzen -[Translation - Can not use my Xbox One balance]

It was a backwards compatible xbox 360 game....gonna try purchasing a xbox one game now
  5. Smwutches Win User

giftcard

It could depend on what you're purchasing. If you're purchasing backwards compatible games on the One, the Microsoft account balance is not a valid payment option.
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Backwards comparability

If the Xbox 360 games you purchased are backwards compatible on Xbox One you will be able to play them.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

The link above will provide you with a list of games that are backwards compatible.
Thema:

1. Xbox ONE backwards compatibility but now option to purchase - Similar Threads - backwards compatibility option

2. New store - where is backwards compatibility section?

in XboX Insiders
    New store - where is backwards compatibility section?: So I am checking out the new store and nowhere in it is a section of all the BC X360 games or original Xbox games unless you search by name or happen to see 1 or 2 games while scrolling...
  3. Can we get the option to purchase backward compatible games through Xbox one via gift cards

in XboX Insiders
    Can we get the option to purchase backward compatible games through Xbox one via gift cards: I dont see why we do not have the option to do this already but I think this addition will help alot of people out submitted by /u/Jack4901 [link] [comments]
  4. Backwards compatible no valid payment option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible no valid payment option: I clicked on one of the backwards compatible games and when I went to buy it, it said it didn't have a valid payment option and the game, Star wars kotor 2, says it can be played on the xbox one...
  5. “No valid payment options available” for Backwards Compatibility.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “No valid payment options available” for Backwards Compatibility.: So whenever I go to buy a backwards compatible title, it shows the prices of it in £ but then it all of a sudden it switches to US dollars and says i have no valid payment options available. I’m...
  6. Invite option not working for backward compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Invite option not working for backward compatible game: I was playing a pretty much dead game and I wanted to invite someone to join me but when I tried through the xbox one menu it doesn't work but when I tried through the 360 menu it send but the...
  7. why are some games disc only backwards compatible and have no digital options?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why are some games disc only backwards compatible and have no digital options?: For instance, Doom 3 BFG Edition, I'd of picked that up day one when it was available on the Xbox One's backwards compatibility catalog. I mean, isn't that capitalist model? You know, publishers...
  8. Backwards Compatibility Local Save Option?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatibility Local Save Option?: I unfortunately am one of the poor souls who doesn't have internet access at home. In order to do system updates I have to drive 30min away and get a $60 hotel room with WiFi. Is there any idea...
  9. No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Valid Payment Options on file - unable to purchase backwards compat games: I own an Xbox one, I never owned a 360, nor do I know someone who currently does.. Anyways, I have spent over 8 hours online and on the phone with MS Support and I am still unable to purchase...
  10. V-Sync Off Option for Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    V-Sync Off Option for Backwards Compatibility: The V-Sync Option is a good feature for a handful of games but when playing games such as shooters,fighting, racing games this will be a huge problem I noticed how Mass Effect ran there was no...