Xbox One Backwards Compatibility with Xbox 360 specific game

Discus and support Xbox One Backwards Compatibility with Xbox 360 specific game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I was wondering if the game Namco Museum Virtual Arcade on Xbox 360 (disc/physical version) is compatible with the Xbox One / S / X and The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KatSaurus, Aug 6, 2022.

1. KatSaurus
    KatSaurus Guest

Hello

I was wondering if the game Namco Museum Virtual Arcade on Xbox 360 (disc/physical version) is compatible with the Xbox One / S / X and The Series S / X ?

I know Microsoft sell those games in a digital format on their store individually and digitally.

However has anyone tried to insert the disk Namco Museum Virtual Arcade from Xbox 360 into the new / newer consoles ?

I was wondering if the system (In my case the Xbox One X) is gonna recognize the disk and if it does would it play the games that are backwards compatible ?

Bellow its the list of games on the disk Namco Museum Virtual Arcade from Xbox 360

[table][tr]TitleGenreOriginal release[/tr][tr][td]Dig Dug[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1982[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Galaga[/td][td]Fixed shooter[/td][td]1981[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Galaga Legions[/td][td]Twin-stick shooter[/td][td]2008[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Mr. Driller Online[/td][td]Puzzle[/td][td]2008[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Ms. Pac-Man[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1982[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]New Rally-X[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1981[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pac-Man[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1980[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pac-Man Championship Edition[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]2007[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Xevious[/td][td]Vertical-scrolling shooter[/td][td]1983[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr]Museum games[/tr][tr]TitleGenreOriginal release[/tr][tr][td]Baraduke[/td][td]Platform[/td][td]1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bosconian[/td][td]Multi-directional shooter[/td][td]1981[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dig Dug II[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dig Dug Arrangement[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]2005[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dragon Buster[/td][td]Platform[/td][td]1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Dragon Spirit[/td][td]Vertical-scrolling shooter[/td][td]1987[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Galaga '88[/td][td]Fixed shooter[/td][td]1987[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Galaga Arrangement[/td][td]Fixed shooter[/td][td]2005[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Galaxian[/td][td]Fixed shooter[/td][td]1987[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Grobda[/td][td]Multi-directional shooter[/td][td]1984[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]King & Balloon[/td][td]Fixed shooter[/td][td]1980[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Mappy[/td][td]Platform[/td][td]1983[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Metro-Cross[/td][td]Platform[/td][td]1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Motos[/td][td]Platform[/td][td]1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pac & Pal[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1983[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pac-Man Arrangement[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]2005[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pac-Mania[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1987[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pole Position[/td][td]Racing[/td][td]1982[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Pole Position II[/td][td]Racing[/td][td]1983[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Rally-X[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1980[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Rolling Thunder[/td][td]Platform[/td][td]1987[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Sky Kid[/td][td]Horizontal-scrolling shooter[/td][td]1985[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Sky Kid Deluxe[/td][td]Horizontal-scrolling shooter[/td][td]1986[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Super Pac-Man[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1982[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]The Tower of Druaga[/td][td]Maze[/td][td]1984[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Thank you so much,

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

KatSaurus, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox One - Digital Only Version

With backwards compatibility, any game from the 360 or Original Xbox that is backwards compatible will work on the One. There's not a specific One version for that game. So yes, you would need to purchase the 360 version of that game in order to play it
    on the One.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

kinect sports 360 needs to be made compatible for xbox one

Unless if Microsoft makes an Xbox 360 adapter for the Xbox One, this may not be possible.

Xbox 360 Kinect games are programmed specifically for the 360 Kinect Sensor, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor doesn't offer any sort of backward compatibility (afaik). It's likely the reason why there are virtually no 360 Kinect games
    on backward compatibility.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

game on 360 and the same game on xbox one

Hey there Thunder!

I definitely understand not wanting to purchase the game twice, Unfortunately the Game that you are talking about is not Backwards compatible, It has it's own specific copies for the Xbox 360 console, and another one for the Xbox One consoles.

Here is a list of backwards compatible titles :
    Backwards Compatible Games

I hope this helps!

5. StuartATrueRed Win User

tim burton's the nightmare before christmas oogie"s revenge not xBox game not support on the wxbox console

6. Final Boss XII Win User

Skate 3 Backwards Compatability

This game has been announced as an upcoming title for Xbox One backward compatibility! However there is not a specific date. You can find the whole list of backward compatible games at

www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility
Thema:

1. Xbox One Backwards Compatibility with Xbox 360 specific game - Similar Threads - Backwards Compatibility 360

2. Xbox 360 cloud storage says its full but its not (Backwards Compatibility)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 cloud storage says its full but its not (Backwards Compatibility): I just downloaded the original Saints Row on my Series X, played a bit, saved, then got off. The next day I try to load but it makes me choose a storage device and the only option is "Cloud Save...
  3. What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do if my Xbox 360 doesn't run original (backwards compatible) XBOX game?: Hello. I recently bought Call of Duty: Finest Hour (Original XBOX version) disk from Amazon. Since I do not own an original XBOX console, I really badly wanted to try it out on my XBOX 360 S. I...
  4. Add more backwards compatible games from 360

in XboX Insiders
    Add more backwards compatible games from 360: Please add need for speed carbon to Xbox one and Series X/S please! I really love this game and it’s very beloved by a lot of racing gamers. [Need for Speed carbon]...
  5. Does Xbox 360 backwards compatibility support any Xbox original hit man games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox 360 backwards compatibility support any Xbox original hit man games?: Wanted to play some old hit man games on my 360 and I don’t know if Xbox 360 backwards compatibility supports those games 2a3fc12b-3138-4338-ab4d-e72e4bc86638
  6. Xbox 360 backwards compatibility for FH2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 backwards compatibility for FH2: I would love to see the xbox 360 edition forza horizon 2 compatible with the xbox one, like the original forza horizon. I know that the games are a different version, but there would be no reason...
  7. Xbox 360 Live Matchmaking Broken! (Issue Since 2018) - Also Affects Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Matchmaking Broken! (Issue Since 2018) - Also Affects Backwards Compatibility: For those of you who are currently unaware the real reason why you cannot find any lobbies on older Call of Duty games prior to Black Ops 2 is because the matchmaking servers are broken. This...
  8. Why do i keep getting disconnect while playing 360 backwards compatibility games on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i keep getting disconnect while playing 360 backwards compatibility games on the...: Why do i keep getting disconnect while playing 360 backwards compatibility games on the xbox 360 emulator, but my xbox series s stays connected to xbox live, it is so frustrating as am playing...
  9. Can’t connect to Xbox live through backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on an Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live through backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on an Xbox Series X: I saw a previous post about this but the thread was closed before I could find a sufficient answer so here is my problem. I tried resetting the MAC address and not signing in until inside the game...
  10. xbox 360 backwards compatibility game won't recognize that I am connected to live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 backwards compatibility game won't recognize that I am connected to live: when i load up an xbox 360 game on my xbox s it doenst recognize that i am connected to live and wont download the profile. yes i have done all the recommendations from other posts and still...