Xbox one being glitchy, not sure why.

Discus and support Xbox one being glitchy, not sure why. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; this is the second Xbox one that this has happened to for me, its the original Xbox one model, this Xbox worked up until just under a week ago i'd say.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheHermitGamer, May 24, 2019.

1. Xbox one being glitchy, not sure why.

this is the second Xbox one that this has happened to for me, its the original Xbox one model, this Xbox worked up until just under a week ago i'd say. at first it was i couldn't load anything on the Xbox, sometimes it would happen after startup sometimes
    in the middle of a game, it'll start with either things taking to long to load(even Xbox home takes to long to load) or the only button that will be received by the Xbox when i push it being the home button, and even after some time that will stop doing anything,
    ill shut the Xbox off from the controller or console and it will stay on the light just slowly flashes, only way to turn off is to unplug. There are also times when the Xbox wont even boot up or it'll take like 30 minutes to boot up(i have instant on enabled),
    about 10 minutes before i came to create this i had turned the Xbox on after leaving it unplugged for about 2 days, it said it needed an update but midway through the update stops and i get an error message saying something went wrong with the update then
    i am given the usual options; Try again, check network connection. skip and stay offline, and turn Xbox off, the network connection was fine still wouldn't update so i skipped and stayed offline but instead of the Xbox loading up i got another error message
    "Something went wrong For more info check Xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the code 0x800706ba" i did so but then errorhelp told me there was no such error code, the exact same thing happened on my older Xbox one(they are both the same model.

:)

TheHermitGamer, May 24, 2019
  2. TheHermitGamer Win User

no 3 failure attempts at an update, all 3 were around 90% total completion before they stopped and gave me errors like 1h later
  3. TheHermitGamer Win User

Once the troubleshooting screen comes up select reset console and then select reset and remove everything. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
    i selected remove everything and after i did the xbox froze at the selection screen

Edit: whats up with this? i keep getting error codes that give me this message when i enter them into Xbox.com/errorhelp

"Sorry! No Support articles were found for "E208"."
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    TheHermitGamer
    !

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused but rest assured we are here to help. We would like to troubleshoot the console itself a bit more in an effort to clear this up we suggest a full reset of the console from the Troubleshoot
    screen by using these steps :

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
    5. Continue holding the BIND and
      EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

Once the troubleshooting screen comes up select reset console and then select reset and remove everything. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for being the best part of our Xbox team!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. TheHermitGamer Win User

ok i did so now the "Update time!" came up but pressing a on start update took like 2 minutes to load
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey
    TheHermitGamer

Thank you for reaching out top Xbox forums support.

If you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS]

Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter.

Hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Xbox one being glitchy, not sure why. - Similar Threads - being glitchy sure

2. Account suspended after being harassed over xbox communications

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Account suspended after being harassed over xbox communications: after playing a match of apex i was harassed by a player and banned wrongfully for his actions 7a4377cd-4e7c-47eb-a341-ab1398ed71de
  3. Left 4 Dead not being able to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left 4 Dead not being able to install: I recently bought 'Left 4 Dead 2' (08/19/19). However every time I try to install the game I press the "Install" button but it does nothing. No error code or anything. I tried hard reset and...
  4. I was being bullied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was being bullied: I was being bullied i was telling just the other player to leave me alone I wasn't doing anything to u i doin my work she or he didnt wanna leave me alone so. I said something for them to leave...
  5. Why am i still being billed for xbox game pass when i let it just go

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i still being billed for xbox game pass when i let it just go: I aint paying your [mod removed ]$40 for a service you wont let me use if im gonna pay $40 [mod removed] dollars for it than i want [mod removed] pass ultimate with the rest of the months free...
  6. Bought an XBOX 360 game online, but it is not being downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought an XBOX 360 game online, but it is not being downloaded: So, the title pretty much says it all. I bought a game as online download, but it is not being downloaded. I restarted the console. It is connected to the internet. Nothing. And BTW, where is the...
  7. A small system update being released to everyone today

in XBoX on Consoles
    A small system update being released to everyone today: Nice, cheers for the post. b8423cfa-184e-48c2-8111-0dc53958ebd3
  8. Ark still taking up 60gb+ of space after being uninstalled.

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark still taking up 60gb+ of space after being uninstalled.: I recently decided to check out Ark on the game pass for PC. I had 320gb of available storage before downloading. I played the game for about an hour and then uninstalled. But when I checked how...
  9. DLC not appearing in ready to install, despite purchase on my account being complete

in XBoX Accessibility
    DLC not appearing in ready to install, despite purchase on my account being complete: hi i bought the WWE 2K16 and WWE 2K17 Season Pass earlier in the year and it shows on my purchase history as complete, however it only shows for WWE 2K16: 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase and Arnold...
  10. First levels are being very glitchy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    First levels are being very glitchy.: I have ocd so glitches are a serious problem for me as i cannot think of anything else if one happens and cannot enjoy the game. The first level of assasins creed black flag brings a couple of...