xbox one black screen following update - can't do factory reset or offline update - please help

Discus and support xbox one black screen following update - can't do factory reset or offline update - please help in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, After the update a few weeks ago I've been stuck with the black screen. Unable to do a factory reset or an offline update. Have tried all the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by skinnydoob, Sep 14, 2021.

1. skinnydoob
    skinnydoob Guest

xbox one black screen following update - can't do factory reset or offline update - please help

Hi,

After the update a few weeks ago I've been stuck with the black screen. Unable to do a factory reset or an offline update. Have tried all the workarounds suggested by the virtual assistant, but all failed. It's my 5 yr olds birthday soon and we'd bought some games off ebay for him - at this rate he'll have no birthday present as of course, we can't play the games. Any help would be v much appreciated

:)

skinnydoob, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If your console doesn't have an Eject button, you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Once you see the Startup Troubleshooter, select Factory Reset and then choose "Keep Games and Apps"

- Once the Reset is complete, you'll be prompted to sign into your console using your Microsoft account credentials, after which you'll choose your preferred settings and your console should display normally again.

NB: A factory reset keeping games and apps will not delete your game saves as they are backed up in the cloud and will resync once you've signed in.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

My Xbox series s stuck in restating

Hello @AminShirjoo!

If your console remains stuck on the black screen for at least 10 minutes, please try to Perform an offline system update. If you wait 10 minutes or longer and the black screen eventually transitions to another screen (for instance, to the Home screen, an image of the Xbox controller, or the “Choose your Time Zone” screen), restore your console to factory defaults. To do this, follow the steps at: How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox and please Reset and keep my games & apps. This will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox freezes / won't turn on

Hello Night0wl123,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox has been freezing when you open the guide menu, and after an attempt at a factory reset your console doesn't pass the green screen anymore. Is this correct?

We recommend trying out an offline update. Check out this link: I need help with system updates on my Xbox One

Select "I need to update my console offline" and then continue following the steps. Please note that when you reach the "Troubleshooting screen" you can also choose to factory reset your console there. It could be worth a try before attempting the offline
    update.

Hope this helps!
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one x not sending video or sound to tv

Are you able to get the troubleshooting screen?

Have you recently installed a system update? It may have failed.

Excerpt from System update solution

If you've just powered on your Xbox One console, and you see a black screen instead of the green Xbox startup animation screen, leave your console on the black screen for at least 10 minutes to see what happens.

Note A black screen doesn’t always mean that there’s an error. During startup, your console runs a full system check, validating the firmware and the operating
    system. These checks run in the background and can take several minutes to complete.

If your console remains stuck on the black screen for at least 10 minutes,

perform an offline system update

If you wait 10 minutes or longer and the black screen eventually transitions to another screen (for instance, to the Home screen, an image of the Xbox controller or the “Choose your Time Zone” screen), restore
    your console to factory defaults. To do this, follow the steps at
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Update

Thema:

1. xbox one black screen following update - can't do factory reset or offline update - please help - Similar Threads - black screen following

2. Black screen of death, is a fix ckming soon or?

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen of death, is a fix ckming soon or?: From what I've heard the issue sparked because of an inside update about a month+ ago; it'll work through the green logo screen and then it stays black after saying "hey me", and updates on this...
  3. Black Screen When Trying to Remote Play After Subscribing to Windows Gaming in the Insider...

in XboX Insiders
    Black Screen When Trying to Remote Play After Subscribing to Windows Gaming in the Insider...: As the title say, I've subscribed to Windows Gaming in the Insider Hub, activating the function of Remote Play, but it won't work, not even showing the green starship, just a black screen. I've...
  4. Black screen xbox one series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black screen xbox one series s: Hello since I've bought my new system the screen goes completely black and I have to reset. This happens several times a day its rediculuous. What fixes this? 4265cd90-bd1b-4ea3-b1f8-784565deb878
  5. Black Screen Unable to Sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Screen Unable to Sign in: I have been having this problem where every time i open up the xbox app on PC i get this black screen and unable to log in when I try. I keep getting the 0x80190001 as an error code but I am...
  6. Green loading screen followed by black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green loading screen followed by black screen: Please help, my Son's Xbox One isn't working. He gets the green loading screen initially and after a few minutes this switches to an all black screen. We've tried it on another TV and it's the...
  7. Xbox One green screen startup animation for 10+ minutes followed by plain black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One green screen startup animation for 10+ minutes followed by plain black screen: I got my X1 home after a trip to a friend's and I tried to boot up the console and all I got was a green load screen with the animations for about 13 minutes followed by a plain black screen with...
  8. XBOX One long green screen followed by endless "Black Screen" when starting via IR ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One long green screen followed by endless "Black Screen" when starting via IR ...: I experienced several issues with startup for several weeks since the last update. No other changes have taken place in my environment and I have been using this same combination for over a year...
  9. Green loading screen appears followed by a black screen. Any suggestions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green loading screen appears followed by a black screen. Any suggestions?: When I turn on my xbox one, the green loading screen appears for a few seconds, then the screen goes black. Any suggestions? bc523573-7a50-415f-91e8-225089755036
  10. Green Xbox Logo Followed By Black Screen When Powering On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green Xbox Logo Followed By Black Screen When Powering On: Whenever I try to turn on my Xbox One, it shows the Green Xbox logo, after it's done it just goes to a black screen. I've tried fulling turning it off and restarting. Rebooting the xbox in...