Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating?

Discus and support Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am updating Call of Duty: Modern Warfare without a disc. While it is updating, can I play another game from disc that is already installed? Thanks.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thrasher585, Feb 15, 2020.

1. thrasher585
    thrasher585 Guest

I am updating Call of Duty: Modern Warfare without a disc. While it is updating, can I play another game from disc that is already installed?

Thanks.

:)

thrasher585, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Malacath Win User

can you install one game while playing another

@M Bierce

You can't play a disc game while installing another disc game

But you can play a disc game while another is downloading, play a download while installing a disc or play a download while installing another download.
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Just an additional note, it will slow down your update and it will take longer than normal.
  4. Niko1664 Win User

5. ArminatorX Win User

X Box One S games, downloadable or cartridge/disc

Unless you plan on buying the soon to be released "Digital Edition" of the Xbox One S console, you can have both.

A lot of games from large publishers are still sold on physical BluRay discs, that you insert into the console.

But be aware, that the disc itself is just a "proof of purchase", as the console copies the game data from disc to it's internal hard drive. Usually, it has to download updates and game patches, if your console is connected online.

Even with the game installed, you will have to insert the disc to prove ownership of the game.

But every game you get on disc (and many indie-titles) can also be bought and downloaded digitally.

With a digital game license, you also have the "advantage" if your family has two consoles (e.g. you have a console for yourself and your kids/siblings), you can buy a game once, and have one console share your games to everyone playing on that console,
    while you can go to another console and still play your games.

Giving you the game twice, so you and another family member can play multiplayer with only one copy of the game, which would not be possible with one disc.
  6. HardThinkingPatrick Win User

Disc wont read worked yesterday...

Sometimes it can be the disc, or your xbox. The simple way to find this out is to play another game on your xbox. If the disc works, then it's not your xbox. If it's the disc, then it's a scratch or a chip that has happened, or you laser burned your disc.
    Laser burning your disc happens by moving your xbox while the disc is in and the xbox is on, I've done this to a Battlefield 3 disc before. You can always clean the disc, blow some air into your xbox, and give it another shot. Otherwise, it's probably a damaged
    disc, in this case, you should just pick up another copy of the game. If you have a warranty on the disc, you can get a replacement for free.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Loco.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating? - Similar Threads - play game disc

2. Xbox One first gen won't play Xbox One game disc ONLY!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One first gen won't play Xbox One game disc ONLY!!!!: I recently got Doom Eternal on disc and as of today, it seems that my Xbox will no longer play it. I have tried other Xbox One discs and they don't work either. However, Xbox 360, Blu-Rays, DVDs,...
  3. Disc bought game, but now asking for £60 digital payment to play in full???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc bought game, but now asking for £60 digital payment to play in full???: My son bought modern warfare on disc at xmas and has played it plenty online, campaign multiplayer and co-op. Since there has been a new update for modern warfare ( Warzone) it says he now has to...
  4. No option to play game when disc is inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No option to play game when disc is inserted: I've inserted my disc but the problem is on my xbox home page there is no option for me to play it. When I take the disc out there is also no "insert disc" icon anywhere. What's the issue?...
  5. I just bought a xbox one (disc-free) and I cannot play the additional bought games

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just bought a xbox one (disc-free) and I cannot play the additional bought games: Just after installing my new Xbox One, I entered the codes of Mortal Combat 11 and gta V, but I cannot launch it... After I re-enter the codes, I get just get the message: "codes already...
  6. Xbox not playing bethesda game disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not playing bethesda game disc: Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but a few months ago my xbox started having trouble reading bethesda games. i have tried other games and they work fine just fallout4 and skyrim wont...
  7. Can’t play disc games because of Xbox Game Pass trial?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play disc games because of Xbox Game Pass trial?: Hey, so i did the trial for Xbox Game Pass back in November and havent really touched my Xbox since, i tried to get on and play some games today and keep getting greeted with the error 0x8003f900a...
  8. Had game pass ,but gearz 5 would not play even with a new disc but, still saying corrupt,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had game pass ,but gearz 5 would not play even with a new disc but, still saying corrupt,...: Have game pass ultimate, to play gears 5 but after awhile the game went corrupt and uninstalled and reinstall it and it didn't help so i brought the actual game disc ''brand new'' and it still...
  9. Playing a disc game that is eligible to play for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing a disc game that is eligible to play for PC: Hello! A few years back I bought Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I remembered that it is eligible to play on the pc, but I don't know how I can do that. The copy I bought was disc version, and I...
  10. Can't get my game disc to play, HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get my game disc to play, HELP!: Trying to play Nba2k20 from the disc but the console keeps trying to download the game to the console. I just want to play my game. Has anyone had this issue or may know what i can try to correct...