Xbox One Can’t un-mute! Mic won’t work

Discus and support Xbox One Can’t un-mute! Mic won’t work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. My son’s xbox one will not un-mute and he cant use his headset. Does anyone know how to fix this? It has to be a setting, though I feel like I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by leftysgirl, Apr 12, 2019.

1. leftysgirl
    leftysgirl Guest

Hi. My son’s xbox one will not un-mute and he cant use his headset. Does anyone know how to fix this? It has to be a setting, though I feel like I have checked them all. Theres a mute microphone icon displaying on the home screen. Ive checked his mic (turtle
    beach) on my laptop, the connections and settings, power cycled rebooted too with no luck. Ive read many threads on this topic and ine mentioned that under Xbox Acessories>Wireless Contoller> I should be able to edit the Volume tab. Well, it won’t let me select
    it and skips right over it.

:)

leftysgirl, Apr 12, 2019
  2. choppyseize Win User

If your son is underage you may need to adjust some settings in the family account that manages things.

The steps to do that are here
  3. leftysgirl Win User

Thank you, but that guide does not resolve our issue.
  4. Josh With Dosh Win User

5. zmaster2XXX Win User

MICROPHONE ICON ALWAYS LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Try creating a party and on the top page of the party screen you should see a button to un-mute. See if that comes up for you and use it to un-mute your mic. If not try the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../wired-headset-help
  6. ethanthompson1 Win User

Mic says “We can’t find a microphone for these people”.

so a few weeks back I had an issue where I was getting the message “we can’t find a microphone for these people” when I had my mic plugged in. I use a Turtle beach 50x recon. It definitely isn’t the mic because it worked for my PS4 and phone. The mic wasn’t
    muted either. So I replaced my controller. Now fast forward a few weeks and I’m having the same problem but sometimes the mic will work and randomly it will disconnect while plugged in and give me “We can’t find a mic for these people”. I can’t find anything
    on this subject. Ive tried all controller trouble shooting errors and nothing works! HELP!
    My Xbox keeps saying that it is unable to find a microphone for these people how do I fix it please help
Thema:

1. Xbox One Can’t un-mute! Mic won’t work - Similar Threads - Can’t mute Mic

2. I can’t play special ops. I have both special ops dlc packs 1 and 2 installed. I even tried...

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t play special ops. I have both special ops dlc packs 1 and 2 installed. I even tried...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deeeznutzz27 [link] [comments]
  3. Mic muted sign on/can’t game chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic muted sign on/can’t game chat: Hello Headset is not working with xbox. There is jo sound and mic symbolwith line through it in corner of screen. Was working fine until last week. I have tried all troubleshooting mentioned in...
  4. Xbox One Mute ICON can’t remove won’t UNMUTE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Mute ICON can’t remove won’t UNMUTE: Mute icon with wireless headset wont go away. Has anyone found a viable solution for this issue? We have seen this is a problem dating back to 2014. We have tried everything on the support and...
  5. Armstrong Cable: Can’t get microphone in right hand corner by battery is on mute andcan’t ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Armstrong Cable: Can’t get microphone in right hand corner by battery is on mute andcan’t ...: Armstrong Cable (ISPs): Can’t get microphone in right hand corner by battery is on mute andcan’t change for headsets to work Check this link for a possible solution: Xbox One Mic Not Working |...
  6. Can’t mute party in chat mixer ? Randomly stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t mute party in chat mixer ? Randomly stopped working...: I have the x box brand headset and adapter. One day I muted myself and for some reason i couldnt unmute myself. This is where everything started. So i went through a bunch of trouble shooting...
  7. Xbox one on mute and can’t unmite it, no issues with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one on mute and can’t unmite it, no issues with headset: Hi, my xbox one has been on mute and there is nothing i can do to fix it, i tried everything. At first i thought it was my headset broken but i just purchased a new set and still on the screen it...
  8. Can’t Un-mute Friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t Un-mute Friend: Hey everyone. I’m having an issue with hearing a friend. It keeps showing that they are muted and no matter how many times I click un-mute, it doesn’t change. Any advice?...
  9. Can’t unmute my friend that i never muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t unmute my friend that i never muted: A new glitch as appeared , hitting many people they can’t unblock and unmute people that they never muted . and there is no known solution , it has been 3 days that this is around . is there a...
  10. Muted friend last night, can’t un mute today.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Muted friend last night, can’t un mute today.: hey everyone, I need some assistants. I have a few friends I have muted cuz I have played in the same room and didn’t want them coming through my head set also, but now I go into unmute them...