Xbox one causes WiFi to restart

Discus and support Xbox one causes WiFi to restart in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a new xbox one that causes the internet to restart a minute after connecting to it wirelessly. It definitely resets the router as all other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by whitedevil3000x, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

1. Xbox one causes WiFi to restart

I bought a new xbox one that causes the internet to restart a minute after connecting to it wirelessly. It definitely resets the router as all other devices connected loose connection at the same time. The xbox does the same thing to other networks it
    connects to, i have two other xboxs that work with the network no problem. Ive done everything support has told me to do and nothing helped. All i want now is for the xbox to get replaced or fixed but every time i phone support to sort this out i get disconnected
    after explaining whats wrong then asking for it to be fixed or replaced. Allso the call back option never works either. Is there a way to get this sorted out without phoning and having to wait so long then having to do verification over and over hoping not
    to get disconnected?

:)

whitedevil3000x, Oct 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi White,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying to set up a repair on the

device support
    page. You can also follow the guide I created for requesting a call from support. There is no way anyone on forums can assist further with a repair.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. ngocphi Win User

I had this issue and I fixed it

Its not typically the xbox

Most likely it only showed yl because you are now using a high bandwidth device

Goto your router settings if you are using 5ghz it is important to note that you MUST use 139hz or above not below

Some routers will default to 39hz chsnnel whixh is good for 2ghz but not 5ghz because 39channel z is pretty crowded since most routers use the lowrr range

My router stopped crashing after that
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

Thanks for this info. I'll be bookmarking this solution for future reference. I'll also be trying it myself
  5. Malacath Win User

whats happened to the connection?

The connection seems perfectly fine to me. No lag. But my connection is wired.

Have you tried restarting the router or changing your wifi channel(if wireless)?

Wifi channel interference can be a massive cause of lag
  6. Malacath Win User

Destiny Crucible breaks xbox ones wifi adaptor.

I've already looked at that. No amount of port forwarding etc will fix the wifi adaptor on the xbox one failing due to a bug in the February system software update

The problem is the game causing the wifi adaptor to no longer be able to connect to wifi. It doesn't seem to effect wired connections. I've now wired my xbox to a wifi bridge to get round the problem but I shouldn't have to use a wifi bridge.

The problem started with the February system software update. It is not caused by NAT issues
Thema:

1. Xbox one causes WiFi to restart - Similar Threads - causes WiFi restart

2. Movies & TV app hasn't worked for about 3 weeks. Caused me to lose money on a download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movies & TV app hasn't worked for about 3 weeks. Caused me to lose money on a download.: I rented a movie over the Xbox Marketplace on September 16th but when I tried to watch it the app failed and I got the error code 0x80070490. I tried all of the troubleshooting on the Xbox website...
  3. Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen???: Hi, I have searched forums to see if this is common, with no luck in finding an aswer. To cut to the chase: Xbox functions normally as long as I don't change my ceiling fan speed from one...
  4. Gears 5 Crashes and causes my mic to not work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 Crashes and causes my mic to not work.: Has anyone had this happen or found a solution? Gears 5 since launch crashes pretty frequently during the load times between games or on start up. Basically anytime I see the gear spinning in the...
  5. Problems with microsoft merchandise causing problems constantly to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with microsoft merchandise causing problems constantly to laptop: I have been a follower of Bill Gates for a long time. I love Microsoft. Or I used to. I have a brand new laptop that came with Windows 10. I like the start screen and everything. However, since...
  6. Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord: Hello, i have an issue with Gears 5 on PC for steam where it causes my mic to stop working in discord, i can still hear everyone but they cant hear me, the only way to fix this it seems, and its...
  7. Inviting to club issue causing crashing to home

in XboX Insiders
    Inviting to club issue causing crashing to home: When accepting an invite request to my club from people that wanna join once you hit invite club crashes to home each time been going on please address this i also have reported this on the...
  8. Certain actions on Xbox Live cause the entire WiFi network to crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain actions on Xbox Live cause the entire WiFi network to crash: The problem first arose when I was trying to log into GTA V online as per the normal method, however upon trying to access the online mode, the entire network in my house crashes and everything...
  9. Xbox Party Chat Causing Issues with WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat Causing Issues with WiFi: Please Help!! My Xbox One X is experiencing WiFi issues, but only when I'm in a party with other people. I just recently upgraded to an Xbox One X from an Original Xbox One and the original Xbox...
  10. Wifi Range Extender causing frequent disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Range Extender causing frequent disconnects: I recently bought a new Netgear WN2500RP range extender to help fill the dead spot my xbox is in. I have no issue connecting to the 2.4 Ghz put out by the extender, and when I test the...