Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets

Discus and support Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having an issue not being able to chat. I've tried using multiple headsets through the controller and an Astro Mixamp TR. When using either I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MadMax_32, Dec 22, 2019.

1. MadMax_32
    MadMax_32 Guest

I'm having an issue not being able to chat. I've tried using multiple headsets through the controller and an Astro Mixamp TR. When using either I can't hear people nor can they hear me. The only time I can chat is when I use my wireless headset a Plantronics
    RIG 800LX which uses usb type hub. Using wired headsets I can select voice and record a message and send it to a friend and I can hear my voice in my headset when talking through the mic. If I start a party the white ring doesn't light up around my profile
    pic when speaking. I have tried every solution/fix that I have read and seen on Youtube.

I reset my Xbox One with the option to save games and apps. {twice}

The mic is not muted

I've checked and made sure there's not restrictions.

I've tried it under my other profiles also.

My NAT is open.

My mic level is maxed.

Updated my controller

Tried another controller

The Mixamp works through usb, so I think that may rule out a controller issue.

I do not know what else to do besides getting a new console. Any info would be appreciated.

:)

MadMax_32, Dec 22, 2019
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

The "mic" you're referring to is the boom mic that plugs into the headset.

The mic I'm referring to is the chat system that allows one to talk to other players. Normally, that's supported by a wired mic cable that goes from the 360 controller to other headsets. On all other 360 headsets, a cable is required from the base of the
    360 controller to the headset for chat. Even the wireless Astro A50 has a mic cable port to go to the 360 controller.

On the Tritton Warhead, that's all done wirelessly, same as the Microsoft Wireless Mic for 360 works. Tritton integrated the wireless mic into the headset base unit so that the headset can be completely wireless - no wired mic cable going to the controller.

It's the wired mic cable that the Tritton Warhead lacks that is the problem. There will be no way for the Warhead's base unit to sync its wireless mic with the Xbox One.

If all you want to do is use the Warhead as a wireless headset without a mic, it will be fine. If you want mic support, it won't.
  3. dlCHIEF58 Win User

xbox 360 chat headset options

Sorry, but what you are asking is not possible with a wired headset - all wired chat mics go through the controller. However if you were to get one of the Xbox 360 Wireless Headsets or a Kinect then you would be set.
  4. Sanana94 Win User

Xbox mic not working

Hi there, have you tried your headset mic in any other device, for example a smartphone or PC?

Try and check if your mic works.

Here's aguide to troubleshoot Mic problems.

Is it possible that the mic is broken? Have you tried checking if your audio is muted via party chat or on the headset Audio settings on your console?
  5. Burnin TODI Win User

Is this possible?

Works for me...I run optic out from my TV into my headset transmitter, did a wire solder into the included xb 1 chat headset and have full chat/game audio and mic in my TB headset.
  6. BlondeBarbie87 Win User

Headset Echoing

are there any other people in your household using a mic for party chat that could be a issue that is a very common one as well and another could be the wiring may be faulty in your headset if you are using a wired headset
Thema:

1. Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets - Similar Threads - Chat Mic working

2. Headset and mic work in party chat. I cannot talk in game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and mic work in party chat. I cannot talk in game chat.: My headset is plugged into my controller. I can hear all audio. I can talk while in an xbox party, but I can not talk in game chat. I have gone through all the privacy troubleshooting I can...
  3. Elite controller Mic not working - can’t hear team in game chat but they can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller Mic not working - can’t hear team in game chat but they can hear me.: Hey yall, Slightly different problem than the ones i typically see and have dealt with. Been playing a lot of Warzone and while in game chat, I cannot hear any of my teammates BUT they can hear...
  4. xbox Party/game chat no voice but mic is working ok!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox Party/game chat no voice but mic is working ok!!: Have exhausted everything wondering if anyone has anything else to suggest?? Son has Xbox one S with Turtle beach stealth 600 headset, recently been complaining his mates cant hear him in party...
  5. Headset mic no longer working in game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic no longer working in game chat: None of my headset mics are working in game chat. They work fine for sound and in party chat, in game i can hear other people and the game audio settings register my mic is working, but noone...
  6. Mic not working for game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working for game chat: I own a xbox one x and ive had an issue where my mic would not work in game chat and that i would not be able to hear anybody in game chat, but only in party chat. It would suow then talking in...
  7. Mic not working while plugged into chat pad!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working while plugged into chat pad!: Why am i having trouble with my mic not working while its plugged into the chat pad thats connected to your controller ? a75efc89-ca02-41c2-ba51-2da1fd44ba95
  8. My mic works in party chat but not game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works in party chat but not game chat.: Hi! i have revently gotten myself a new headset, a turtle beach stealth 600 (wireless), works fine but for some reason i cant hear people on game chat and they cant hear me. I have raised this...
  9. Mic works in party chat but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic works in party chat but not game chat: Im playing overwatch and everytime i get into a comp match and i want to use game chat, i can hear everyone but i cant talk. I tried it on a different controller and i did the same thing, plus i...
  10. Xbox One mic not working in game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One mic not working in game chat.: So my headset sound works just fine but my mic does not. I’ve bought a new headset but came across the same problem. I’ve rephrased the question everyway I can on google search with the same...