Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets

Discus and support Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having an issue not being able to chat. I've tried using multiple headsets through the controller and an Astro Mixamp TR. When using either I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MadMax_32, Dec 22, 2019.

1. MadMax_32
    MadMax_32 Guest

I'm having an issue not being able to chat. I've tried using multiple headsets through the controller and an Astro Mixamp TR. When using either I can't hear people nor can they hear me. The only time I can chat is when I use my wireless headset a Plantronics
    RIG 800LX which uses usb type hub. Using wired headsets I can select voice and record a message and send it to a friend and I can hear my voice in my headset when talking through the mic. If I start a party the white ring doesn't light up around my profile
    pic when speaking. I have tried every solution/fix that I have read and seen on Youtube.

I reset my Xbox One with the option to save games and apps. {twice}

The mic is not muted

I've checked and made sure there's not restrictions.

I've tried it under my other profiles also.

My NAT is open.

My mic level is maxed.

Updated my controller

Tried another controller

The Mixamp works through usb, so I think that may rule out a controller issue.

I do not know what else to do besides getting a new console. Any info would be appreciated.

:)

MadMax_32, Dec 22, 2019
  2. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

The "mic" you're referring to is the boom mic that plugs into the headset.

The mic I'm referring to is the chat system that allows one to talk to other players. Normally, that's supported by a wired mic cable that goes from the 360 controller to other headsets. On all other 360 headsets, a cable is required from the base of the
    360 controller to the headset for chat. Even the wireless Astro A50 has a mic cable port to go to the 360 controller.

On the Tritton Warhead, that's all done wirelessly, same as the Microsoft Wireless Mic for 360 works. Tritton integrated the wireless mic into the headset base unit so that the headset can be completely wireless - no wired mic cable going to the controller.

It's the wired mic cable that the Tritton Warhead lacks that is the problem. There will be no way for the Warhead's base unit to sync its wireless mic with the Xbox One.

If all you want to do is use the Warhead as a wireless headset without a mic, it will be fine. If you want mic support, it won't.
  3. dlCHIEF58 Win User

xbox 360 chat headset options

Sorry, but what you are asking is not possible with a wired headset - all wired chat mics go through the controller. However if you were to get one of the Xbox 360 Wireless Headsets or a Kinect then you would be set.
  4. Sanana94 Win User

Xbox mic not working

Hi there, have you tried your headset mic in any other device, for example a smartphone or PC?

Try and check if your mic works.

Here's aguide to troubleshoot Mic problems.

Is it possible that the mic is broken? Have you tried checking if your audio is muted via party chat or on the headset Audio settings on your console?
  5. Burnin TODI Win User

Is this possible?

Works for me...I run optic out from my TV into my headset transmitter, did a wire solder into the included xb 1 chat headset and have full chat/game audio and mic in my TB headset.
  6. BlondeBarbie87 Win User

Headset Echoing

are there any other people in your household using a mic for party chat that could be a issue that is a very common one as well and another could be the wiring may be faulty in your headset if you are using a wired headset
Thema:

1. Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets - Similar Threads - Chat Mic working

2. MS Game Streaming App, headset mic not working. Pixel 3 party chat, mic not working.

in XBoX on Mobile
    MS Game Streaming App, headset mic not working. Pixel 3 party chat, mic not working.: When using the game streaming app on my Google Pixel 3 I am not able to communicate with people in the party. I am able to invite to the party, I can hear people in the party but they can not hear...
  3. Beta: My mic stopped working during party chat.

in XboX Insiders
    Beta: My mic stopped working during party chat.: Work around: Reboot the console. I have also reported the problem through the xbox insider app. :) submitted by /u/SavagePotato404 [link] [comments]
  4. Mic works in Party Chat but not in Game Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic works in Party Chat but not in Game Chat: Whenever I get into a match on Rainbow Six Siege I'm unable to access game chat at all, I can't speak to them and they can't speak to me, and the mic symbols next to player names no longer appear....
  5. Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??: I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear...
  6. Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??: I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear...
  7. Mic will work in Party but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic will work in Party but not game chat: So, I haven’t played Xbox one in a while and I tried to hop on the fortnite trend. I went to play in battle royal where a MIC should work and it didn’t no one could hear me. I can hear them, so I...
  8. mic working in party but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    mic working in party but not game chat: after an update of one of my games, my mic stopped working in-game completely. i thought it was the mic, but i can talk in party chat just fine. it’s also weird, because on the other account on my...
  9. Party Chat does not work - Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat does not work - Mic: I dont know when mi mic start not work, I though it was a hardware problem, ! buy one mic adapter and new head set and the mic still not work. It seams is a SW issue withj new SW version. Any one...
  10. Mic not working (party chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working (party chat): This is quite possibly a joke around here at this point (my 2nd post here) but did they ever fix the mic not working in party chat to where you can hear your teammates but they can't hear you?...