xbox one claims kinect is unplugged.

Discus and support xbox one claims kinect is unplugged. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It claims that int kinect is unplugged. Will not allow me to sign in manually. Basically clicking nothing works. Worked for the first minute till I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dark Pr0ph3tt, Jun 6, 2014.

1. xbox one claims kinect is unplugged.

It claims that int kinect is unplugged. Will not allow me to sign in manually. Basically clicking nothing works. Worked for the first minute till I tried to go to Games with Gold.

:)

Dark Pr0ph3tt, Jun 6, 2014
  2. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    {Parity}, Jun 6, 2014
  3. DAYWALKER7
    DAYWALKER7 Guest
    Kinect is unplugged

Im having the same issue. Microsoft customer support keeps handing me back and forth from place to place.

This is a nightmare.

DAYWALKER7, Jun 6, 2014
  4. CGilb
    CGilb Guest

Hold down the power button on the console for 5 seconds to do a cold reset, then unplug the power for 30 seconds. Power it back on and see if the xbox is communicating with kinect.

If it still thinks the kinect is unplugged, and you know it is actually plugged in correctly, it could be a failed kinect sensor. You would need to contact support to initiate a warranty exchange.

CGilb, Jun 6, 2014
  5. CGilb Win User

Hold down the power button on the console for 5 seconds to do a cold reset, then unplug the power for 30 seconds. Power it back on and see if the xbox is communicating with kinect.

If it still thinks the kinect is unplugged, and you know it is actually plugged in correctly, it could be a failed kinect sensor. You would need to contact support to initiate a warranty exchange.
  6. Veal Parm Hero Win User

Kinect claiming its unplugged.

subarcticmoe, i thought the same thing. oh man, idk
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there General! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, take a look at our
    Experiencing Issues with Kinect?
    sticky and give the steps in there a shot.

Let us know how that goes for you! ^_^
  8. SubarcticMoe Win User

I hope it's a software issue I'm scared to even start a game in case I get stuck with a new console. since the hard drive is stuck with the console!
  9. Veal Parm Hero Win User

@downthesun- I agree. The software thing would prob be best case scenario.
Thema:

1. xbox one claims kinect is unplugged. - Similar Threads - claims kinect unplugged

2. Terrible customer service - Update to Good customer service once you can make a claim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible customer service - Update to Good customer service once you can make a claim: As usual the 3.5mm jack for the headset keeps going out on the xbox [Mod Removed] poor controllers. Even my Elite stopped working at 5 months. Conveniently just past the warranty period. Just...
  3. Cannot claim free 360 games with gold, from browser

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot claim free 360 games with gold, from browser: Hello, Since 2 months, it is no longer possible to claim the free Xbox 360 games, from the xbox marketplace (marketplace.xbox.com). There is no error message, but after validating the payment...
  4. I need some help regarding claiming my windows 10 edition of Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need some help regarding claiming my windows 10 edition of Minecraft.: I've been playing Minecraft Java edition for quite a while now, and have also bought Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch. Most of my friends have been going over to the Bedrock edition of Minecraft...
  5. Reclamación a Microsoft por una tarjeta de regalo de un mes gratis de Xbox live gold (Claim...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reclamación a Microsoft por una tarjeta de regalo de un mes gratis de Xbox live gold (Claim...: Se que lo que estoy haciendo no vale para nada. Pero bueno dejo mi caso por escrito.Compre la consola en junio y cuando la compre me venia una tarjeta de regalo con un mes gratis xbox live gold y...
  6. when will microsoft get around to actually fixing these issues like they claim to have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when will microsoft get around to actually fixing these issues like they claim to have...: i've reset my modem,cleared my alternate mac address,i am hard lined to my modem and i still cannot play games online or even stay in a party chat without getting disconnected,will you people...
  7. Cannot claim free 360 game with gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot claim free 360 game with gold: I am unable to claim Castlevania: LOS with my xbox live gold i have tried both on my console and on the web on my pc. The game shows up at normal price. Plzz help....
  8. Bought a USB headset that claims it works on Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought a USB headset that claims it works on Xbox.: It's a Rampage Alpha-X. Every store that sells it, and the box it came in claims it's compatible with Xbox. Plugged it in, turned the console on, and nothing. Did i get taken by false advertising?...
  9. Gifted game cant be claimed in uk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifted game cant be claimed in uk: I live in usa, and u gifted a friend a game. And now it says it cant be claimed. Even when she switched her region. I think this is totally freaking stupid. And it upsets me. But anywho. I've...
  10. Kinect Sports Rivals not giving fan credits because it claims we are not connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Sports Rivals not giving fan credits because it claims we are not connected: Hi, my daughter and have been enjoying Kinect sports rivals for a few weeks. She and I each have a champion. This week for some reason when completing an event she is no longer getting fan updates...