Xbox One Companion App

Discus and support Xbox One Companion App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey All, Anyone have the issue with the Xbox Companion App where when I try to look at clips friends have sent me in messages it says "Sorry we are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BigBeardO, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:24 AM.

1. BigBeardO
    BigBeardO Guest

Xbox One Companion App

Hey All,

Anyone have the issue with the Xbox Companion App where when I try to look at clips friends have sent me in messages it says
    "Sorry we are unable to show the attachment. Try again later." This is for every clip they send me, if i refresh the chat window for a second I'll see the thumbnail of the clip but then it goes instantly to the above message. I'm using
    the app on an iPhone and it's the latest version of the app..but this is an issue iv'e seen for ages..can't find referenced anywhere and it's impossible to find any type of contact form or email from Microsoft so I'm hoping maybe someone here has seen this
    issue.

-B

:)

2. StuartATrueRed Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Yeah, Phoenix_Reins is correct with this, the Xbox console companion app only works with the Xbox One. There is no app that connects to the Xbox 360.
  3. IWGCBettiePage Win User

XBOX LIVE Unavailable

4. PalmettoBling Win User

GAME SOUND

Just to clarify, as well, is this an Xbox party on Xbox One or Windows 10 via the Xbox Console Companion App?
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Hi MaekerYT,

If you are referring to the Xbox companion app, I believe that will only connect the Xbox one systems
Thema:

Xbox One Companion App

1. Xbox One Companion App - Similar Threads - Companion App

2. Party Chat invites on Xbox Companion App on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Party Chat invites on Xbox Companion App on PC: Why is there no party invite notification on the PC version of this app? But there's party invite notification on the phone version?? Especially with Gears 5 out with crossplay between Xbox and...
  3. Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App on PC and game bar on PC: I'm considering selling my xbox one because I primarily play on pc now ever since Microsoft started releasing their exclusives on pc. I'm just wondering if I can still use these apps to talk to my...
  4. Xbox Console Companion app suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Companion app suggestions: Been using the app on my gaming PC. I have a few quick suggestions for it. It could use a lot of work honestly. And I don't think they should have multiple apps. I think the Gamepass app should be...
  5. Static when using the Xbox Companion App for party chat.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Static when using the Xbox Companion App for party chat.: So, I have never had this issue before. I was trying to talk to my friends via the Xbox app on Windows 10. However, they would continuously hear a static noise coming from my mic when I was not...
  6. Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign into Xbox (beta) or Xbox Console Companion apps on Windows 10: I've been trying to get the Xbox (beta) app to work on my PC for months. Here's what happens. When I try to sign in, it goes through all of the sign-in steps, reloads the page, and then...I'm not...
  7. Separating game audio and party audio in the Xbox Console Companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Separating game audio and party audio in the Xbox Console Companion app: So this requires a little context, basically I've been experimenting on ways to record higher quality gameplay with some friends without using an external device (besides my PC). Originally my...
  8. Xbox one Companion App streaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one Companion App streaming: I use the Xbox companion app on my pc to stream games to my pc so that I can get game audio because I like to be in discord while I play games. As of October whenever I tried to play any backwards...
  9. Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion App not downloading on laptop.: Hi! I'm having trouble downloading the xbox console companion app onto my chromebook laptop. When I click install it says that I need to be logged into my microsoft account on my device, which I...
  10. Windows Xbox Companion App Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox Companion App Issues: has anyone else been having constant disconnection issues with the xbox companion app with party chat specifically, I always will join in just fine and 5 mins In to talking it will disconnect me...