Xbox One connected to WiFi but not working properly

Discus and support Xbox One connected to WiFi but not working properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue started about a 1 day ago. My Xbox connects to the WiFI wirelessly fine but when I'm looking at the settings, it says "IPv4" "NAT Type:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ButterButt15, Jul 20, 2022.

1. ButterButt15
    ButterButt15 Guest

This issue started about a 1 day ago. My Xbox connects to the WiFI wirelessly fine but when I'm looking at the settings, it says "IPv4" "NAT Type: Open", and "Service info is unavailable".

I've tried restarting the router and Xbox, cleared my mac address and changed it, manually typed my IP plus done everything automatically. When I finish connecting to the wifi it hits me with a prompt saying "Internet problem" and "Additional authentication needed" and it tells me to connect to an alternate MAC address which I've already done but doesn't work.

I've connected my Xbox to my phone's personal hotspot and it works like normal.

My current Internet provider is AT&T

Any ideas on how I could fix it?

:)

ButterButt15, Jul 20, 2022
  2. XGN Corrupt Win User

Xbox one x not turning on from Windows app

You also may want to take into account if you have multiple wifi connections that both your Xbox and PC are connected to the same one, some modems may have two connections and if they're not on the same wifi it will not work properly.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, ButterButt15. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

First, I would suggest you to reset your router/modem to factory default. You can do this by signing in to the modem settings page (usually 192.168.0.1). After that, if the issue persists, try changing the wireless bandwidth to around 40-60Mhz and keep changing channels to see if one of them works with your console. Maybe the wireless bandwidth or channel is not working well with the console.

Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes.
  4. SnubDerivative8 Win User

Disconnection

It could be your WiFi connection or your land line/Ethernet cable may not be working properly. Try replacing your cable or resetting your WiFi connection.
  5. Unitedfortune321 Win User

Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time

I have run both a multiplayer connection and network connection test for the wifi and both say everything is working properly but that is not the case at all.
  6. NnuTthOwZ Win User

Xbox one "Can't get an IP address", error.

Ok I've tried the static ip address and then renewed my Ip address on my home pc, power cycled everything...

Still not working.

At this point I think my xbox one's wifi chip thing doesn't work properly.

After messing around with it for a few days I managed to get an internet connection by bridging my laptop to my xbox one with Ethernet cord and using my laptop's wifi.

Thanks for all the help guys but I'm pretty sure my xbox one's wifi just doesn't work right.
Thema:

1. Xbox One connected to WiFi but not working properly - Similar Threads - connected WiFi working

2. My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices: I have this bad AT&T router that doesn't cover my huge house so I decided to get a NETGEAR EX5000. I plugged it in upstairs which is where I have my set up and I began to set it up. I got it to...
  3. XSX Wont Connect With Ethernet, WiFi works fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XSX Wont Connect With Ethernet, WiFi works fine.: This just randomly started happening and Im at my wits end, I have tried seemingly everything to resolve it and nothing will work. I plug my ethernet in (the cable works fine) and I get a "connect...
  4. Bad WiFi connection and 4K stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad WiFi connection and 4K stopped working: I’ve had my Xbox one s for a while now and recently notice the hdmi cable wiggles even when in the Xbox and if jus tap or bumped and goes to left no internet but if move lil to the right it comes...
  5. Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect: Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect Hi Xbox Series X wifi has suddenly Stopped working and won’t re-connect to my wifi (network uses WPA2) i was connected for weeks OK and get a...
  6. Xboxes wont connect to working wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xboxes wont connect to working wifi.: Recently bought a new ERAC1900 router and am having trouble connecting all of my xboxes to it. I have 3 xboxes and none of them will connect. Everything else in my house connects to it fine even...
  7. WiFi doesn’t work after connecting an External Drive (SDD or HDD)

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi doesn’t work after connecting an External Drive (SDD or HDD): Hello everyone, I notice, on my XBOX ONE S that after connecting an external drive (sdd or hdd doesn’t really matter) the WiFi Interface is not working properly is losing the connection and it...
  8. Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues: Can anyone help me out here? I have an Xbox One X and for some reason when I connect to the Wifi Extender's network, it connects, but it shows slow speeds and then eventually disconnects. I have...
  9. Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?

in XboX Insiders
    Does console streaming work if your pnone is on different WiFi connection?: submitted by /u/Hacccystanley [link] [comments]
  10. Wifi & ethernet connection won't work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi & ethernet connection won't work?: So I just purchased this device second hand and started the set up process & it won't connect via ethernet or wifi? "The wireless network hardware on this console is not working. It will need to...