Xbox One console set to English, but in-game text is in Japanese - HELP

Discus and support Xbox One console set to English, but in-game text is in Japanese - HELP in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm an American living in Japan. My Xbox One is set to English while the region is set to Japan. I have Game Pass, and every game I've downloaded and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MaxSterling1, Mar 26, 2021.

1. MaxSterling1
    MaxSterling1 Guest

I'm an American living in Japan. My Xbox One is set to English while the region is set to Japan. I have Game Pass, and every game I've downloaded and gone though (probably over 10 by this point) has been completely in English. All of a sudden, I download Alien: Isolation, and all of the in-game text is in Japanese. Can someone explain this to me? There's no option within the game to change the language, obviously, so I'm not sure if this can even be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

MaxSterling1, Mar 26, 2021
  2. TheCrazyBorg Win User

Panzer Dragoon Orta is running in japanese on english Xbox One

Xbox Support already went with the xbox one system reset where language and Region was set again.

Yes, the Console itself is physically located in Europe and not Japan (and never was).

As support pointed out, the disc says "NTSC-J", which is very much likely a japanese disc.

But it runs on my PAL classic Xbox in english. So there is english text data on the disc itself, so why did it download only the japanese text on the Xbox One?

And even if the 3,5 GB download on the xbox one was just an "emulator" and not the game itself, why didn't it use the english data on the disc?
  3. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Yakuza 0

The game is always in japanese audio cannot be change in English and the text go to setting and the subtitle should be on "On".
  4. DustyStraws92 Win User

Japanese Fallout 4 played in US on a US Xbox?

Hi SpookyFoxMu1der!

It should work fine as the Xbox One is region free and has been since the day one launch. The only thing is the game will be in Japanese. Like you mentioned though you may be able to change the text to English, but my guess would be that you can't change
    the text. I say that because it is the Japanese version and I doubt they added English to it because there are so few people who speak English in Japan.
  5. PhilMarck Win User

Metal Gear Rising Japanese Demo to be released on the 13th December 2012

It has happened. Like, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit in Japan got a demo with Japanese audio/text only, and then the international was English dub/text.

-

A very few demos have Japanese/English on the XBL JPN Marketplace, and the exclusive Japanese Xbox 360 scramble my mind on what the hell they're about. It's just text and pictures. x_x
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Downloaded games with gold star wars republic commando but it's in japanese

Hi Zen-26,

Thank you for coming to the forums, I'd be happy to try and help.

That's odd that the first game you downloaded, which also was an Xbox original BWC game, was in English but this one is Japanese.

Is everything in Japanese like text and audio? Do you have any connection with a Japanese billing account or address or is this completely random?

I'd make sure your console system language settings aren't set to Japanese or anything.

Also, go to
    https://marketplace.xbox.com/
    and make sure that the Xbox 360 marketplace is set to your region, you can check at the lower left corner at the bottom of the page.
Thema:

1. Xbox One console set to English, but in-game text is in Japanese - HELP - Similar Threads - console set English

2. If I set my XBOX One console to Energy Save Mode, will I have my game saves updated to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I set my XBOX One console to Energy Save Mode, will I have my game saves updated to the...: I have my XBOX console set to Energy Save mode because I've been worried that when I have it on Instant Mode, my power brick keeps making dog barking sounds while I am sleeping. Sometimes I fear...
  3. Unable to set new xbox series x to home console

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to set new xbox series x to home console: Hello, I have a new xbox series x and when going to settings/preferences to set it to my home xbox it let's me check the box to make it my home xbox but then it spins the circle for about 30...
  4. FH4 still prompts to download Portuguese language on startup when console is set to...

in XboX Insiders
    FH4 still prompts to download Portuguese language on startup when console is set to...: Hi, the problem where FH4 prompts to install Portuguese is still present on consoles set to Dutch. Portuguese is not a language related to the Netherlands or the Dutch language, it makes no...
  5. Xbox One S forgets its set as my home console on restart

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S forgets its set as my home console on restart: A storm in my area killed all Wi-Fi and when I tried to play a game, I couldn't because it wasn't the home console. I checked using my mobile hotspot and it was set as my home console the entire...
  6. On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox Series X/S, does turning off the "other devices can turn console off" setting...: I previously had a problem where turning off my Xbox One S would turn off the TV, which would turn off my Series S, due CEC settings working through HDMI for the new consoles instead of IR signals...
  7. Setting up console on the xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Setting up console on the xbox app: So I got Series S the day they released it and I've been trying to set up my Series S on the app but whenever I try to it always says the same thing, "Something went wrong. Try again later." Then...
  8. Problem with my home console setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my home console setting: My home console setting turned off by itself again and now i have to wait to 2022 to turn it on again , who do i have to contact to resolve this isue ? It changed after i subscribed to game pass...
  9. Set a friend remote playing on my console as player 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set a friend remote playing on my console as player 2?: I want to have a friend use remote play on the xbox app to join on my console and do couch co-op. It's basically functional but I haven't found a method to have my friend set their controller as...
  10. Windows media center and setting up my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows media center and setting up my console: I guess I have an outdated x box asking for the windows media center app. App Store says this is no longer available yet is required to set up my console. Has anyone else faced this problem and...