Xbox One Console Updates Every Time It’s Powered On

Discus and support Xbox One Console Updates Every Time It’s Powered On in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I turn on my Original Xbox One, it tries to update. I’m not enrolled in the insider program. I believe it’s trying to install a lower... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mynamewastakennaturally, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Xbox One Console Updates Every Time It’s Powered On

Every time I turn on my Original Xbox One, it tries to update. I’m not enrolled in the insider program. I believe it’s trying to install a lower firmware every time..maybe caught in a loop? The error page shows:

There was a problem with the update

You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help

Source OS: 10.0.22621.2186

Target OS: 10.0.22621.2215

Console ID: Should I list this?

Error Code: 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301

:)

mynamewastakennaturally, Sep 20, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, mynamewastakennaturally! thank you for reaching you.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed information regarding your console's problem. As for your Console ID, it will not be necessary for troubleshooting.

• Do you have any external storage devices plugged into your console?

• Have you already tried something to fix this? if you have, may I ask what you've tried so far?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox 360 e power problem

This is more than likely the power brick has failed. Same thing happened to my x360 and the reason I updated to Xbox one X. Time to update to a new console I suggest.

Either the next gen Series S/X models or XBox one S/X.

You won't look back, but will wonder why you didn't update earlier.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Account Corrupted?

Hi again catqeen1234,

Thanks for your update. Since you mentioned your Xbox One S is powering off at random, there could be an issue with it's internal power supply. To test this, check out this article:

Xbox One S Power Solution

Please let us know about your results.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Will not go past 50% on a factory reset

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the forums today, I'd be happy to help.

Does the console shut down every time that it get's to 50% on the system update section? What step during the update does it shut down?

[*]Go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    the Xbox. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect
    and turn on the Xbox to try the process again.

If that doesn't help then take a look at our system update troubleshooter and you may need to try an Offline System Update:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

Game updates

Hey DownfieldFir154! Minecraft - Xbox 360 Edition will not be updated to work on the Xbox One as there is a version already available for it. For the other games, updates should be the same on the S as with every other Xbox One console. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox One Console Updates Every Time It’s Powered On - Similar Threads - Console Updates Every

2. Xbox One console stuck on update screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One console stuck on update screen: Hi, I have been struggling to access my device as I keep getting error code: 0x80070070. The error code points to device storage, but I've cleared up my device as much as I possibly can. The...
  3. The latest Beta Ring update for the Xbox console has a hidden discord voice chat noise...

in XboX Insiders
    The latest Beta Ring update for the Xbox console has a hidden discord voice chat noise...: I noticed it last night after I updated my Series S and thought it was just on my end because mics plugged into the Xbox controller can be weird sometimes when it comes to sensitivity. But I had...
  4. Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update)

in XboX Insiders
    Console Booting to 640x480 - LG C2 (Solved with recent VRR update): For anyone who was having similar issues, the new option in the recent Alpha Skip Ahead build which allows you to set VRR to only enable when a game is started seems to have resolved the issue of...
  5. Every system update deletes all captures stored on the Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every system update deletes all captures stored on the Xbox console: Every single time my Xbox has done a system update over the last 3+ years every single one of my captures stored on the Xbox get completely deleted. If I’ve uploaded them to my profile then they...
  6. turtle beach stealth gen 1 device are not connecting to series x after every console update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    turtle beach stealth gen 1 device are not connecting to series x after every console update.: title says it all. half the games i purchased also have issues playing. nothing but problems with this console so far.... by far, not impressed. tested tv audio and i have audio there. but none in...
  7. Every 2 weeks I have to offline update my console!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every 2 weeks I have to offline update my console!: Hi, Ok, can someone please help me!!!! every 2weeks I have to offline update my console,it use to be everytime there was an update!! but now it's every 2 weeks. I use my xbox everyday, I do not...
  8. Why do I seem to loose more and more of my consoles freedoms with every update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I seem to loose more and more of my consoles freedoms with every update?: In the grand scheme of things we are all just dollars of reported income to a big company. As they are slowly pushing us into this forced digital download gaming I have noticed a few things that...
  9. Xbox one keeps showing “applying update” every time I reset or turn on console, unable to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps showing “applying update” every time I reset or turn on console, unable to...: So i have an original xboxone model and havent played it or even had it plugged in since maybe september. I went to boot it up today knowing there would probably be an update. So it appeared to...
  10. Xbox One Console updates every morning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Console updates every morning: For the past 3 or 4 months my Xbox One Console will have a major update every morning around 4-6am. This is very annoying as I work nights and when I get home around 3am I want to play games or...