XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...

Discus and support XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It seems that for some reason the system is glitching and the MAC address is being filtered out of my router. You need to go to network connections,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by irritated xbox dad, Oct 22, 2018.

1. XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...

It seems that for some reason the system is glitching and the MAC address is being filtered out of my router. You need to go to network connections, advanced settings, Alternate MAC address, CLEAR and restart...

This should help you! I know i was frustrated.. the customer support will try to get you to unplug your router, and a whole list of other things. Its not that. I PROMISE

:)

irritated xbox dad, Oct 22, 2018
  2. XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer service and have the most answer!

It seems that for some reason the system is glitching and the MAC address is being filtered out of my router. You need to go to network connections, advanced settings, Alternate MAC address, CLEAR and restart...

This should help you! I know i was frustrated.. the customer support will try to get you to unplug your router, and a whole list of other things. Its not that. I PROMISE

irritated xbox dad, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Arielle251
    Arielle251 Guest
    XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer service and have the most answer!

So you have resolved this issue? Thank you for the helpful information! Hopefully this will help others out, as well.

Arielle251, Oct 22, 2018
  4. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest

XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...

Hi!

Thanks for your post, it seems like you already have a post regarding this topic posted

here
    . This thread will be locked and any information should be posted under the original thread.

Thanks again!

XBF Ezra G, Oct 22, 2018
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer service and have the answer!

Hi!

Thanks for your post, it seems like you already have a post regarding this topic posted

here
    . This thread will be locked and any information should be posted under the original thread.

Thanks again!
  6. Arielle251 Win User

XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer service and have the most answer!

So you have resolved this issue? Thank you for the helpful information! Hopefully this will help others out, as well.
  7. XBF Erick C Win User

cannot set my home Xbox

Hey there Kirin

Sorry to hear you are continuing to experience these problems with setting up your Home Console. Do you know if you are able to set the Home console under a different account?

Also being that it is unable to connect to the service I would recommend going through some basic network troubleshooting to see if this helps. Follow the link below for the support page.

Give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  8. karatdeux Win User

My Xbox keeps logging off my network

How is your Xbox connected to your network? wired/wireless?= wireless

Have you recently connected any other devices to the network?= nothing new

Is this a personal home network or school/university network?= personal home network

If you are connected wireless to your home network, what channel are you using? Sometimes neighborhoods crowded with wifi access points will interfere with each other. It might be a simple as switching to a less used channel.

== will this be a necessity if everything else on my network keeps their signals active except for my xbox that continuously drops the signal. i've always had a wired connection where i lived at previously with comcast and only started experiencing the problem
    with time warner at my new residence in ohio... does that make any difference do you think?
  9. tooligan46n2 Win User

Is Xbox one, truly the best that Microsoft, has to offer?

Ya, the Xbox One X is definately network dependent - I didn't realize how much so until we had water damage in our home and I tried to connect my Xbox to to the hotel network that we are staying at ... no go. It was a horrible connection. I use my phone
    wireless hotspot with xFininty hotspots for security and that has been working. You have to have a good network, otherwise your gonna continue to run into problems. There are some good tips and advice others have already given. I hope this work around gives
    you ideas. Just beware if you use too much data on your phone hot spot without it being connected to wifi you will burn through your data fast.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ... - Similar Threads - continuously having problems

2. Still have issue with orange light continues to stay orange after the new play and charge...

in XboX Insiders
    Still have issue with orange light continues to stay orange after the new play and charge...: Still haveing continueous issue when changing my controller useing new play and charge kit. each time I have been chargeing my play and I’m charge kit battery when it’s completely dead and after...
  3. Continuing wifi issues on last few Alpha Skip Ahead builds.. anyone else having issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Continuing wifi issues on last few Alpha Skip Ahead builds.. anyone else having issues?: Is anyone else been having wifi issues since the last few Skip Ahead builds? Has been faultless up until recently. All other devices in my house are ok on wireless. I'm dropping out of alpha skip...
  4. State of decay 2 doesn't have a continue game option after the new update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of decay 2 doesn't have a continue game option after the new update: When i updated state of decay 2 the continue game option from the main menu just vanished and it shows me only the settings option and about the apocalypse 36acc73c-8850-40fa-b83e-7babff1a031b
  5. I have a x box one game console. gta 5 bought the game. continuous freezing in the game....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a x box one game console. gta 5 bought the game. continuous freezing in the game....: I have a x box one game console. gta 5 bought the game. continuous freezing in the game. I want to return the game b89366e6-fa03-425e-85fb-a8bb7d5d873c
  6. XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE continuously having problems connecting to my home network - i went through customer ...: It seems that for some reason the system is glitching and the MAC address is being filtered out of my router. You need to go to network connections, advanced settings, Alternate MAC address,...
  7. Being harassed for being a girl and continually team killed and have raunchy comments told to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being harassed for being a girl and continually team killed and have raunchy comments told to ...: I just got banned from Xbox live communicating for standing up for myself. Yes I did use the wrong language but it was the only thing I could say. The entire team kept team killing and harassing...
  8. Having to continuously re-install games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having to continuously re-install games: Am I the only one having to continuously re-install games? I'll power off my Xbox One when I finish playing (it doesn't matter if I quit the game or just leave it running, put it to sleep or hard...
  9. Xbox One controller continues to disconnect. I have tried every possible way to troubleshoot ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller continues to disconnect. I have tried every possible way to troubleshoot ...: I have tried every possible way to troubleshoot and fix. I have tried different controllers and I have just bought another brand new controller.I have factory resetted and power cycled and all. I...
  10. Xbox One controller continues to have disconnect issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller continues to have disconnect issues: Hey all, My xbox one controller has been randomly disconnecting for 2-10 seconds at a time since I got the console (November). The disconnects are apparently random; sometimes they will happen...