Xbox one control pad keeps turning off

Discus and support Xbox one control pad keeps turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new control pad, only been used for 2 weeks. Whilst in a game it keeps turning off, it had brand new batteries in it and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sar92, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Sar92
    Sar92 Guest

I have recently bought a new control pad, only been used for 2 weeks. Whilst in a game it keeps turning off, it had brand new batteries in it and my other control pad doesn't do it. At first it would only do it when my son was playing fortnite but it wasnt
    doing it when I was playing. It wont do it until someone starts to shoot then it will just go off.

:)

Sar92, Jan 13, 2021
  2. pesty13 Win User

Wireless Speed Wheel?

Well all I do is first turn the wheel off, it then says reconnect controller in which I then turn the pad on and use it. After use I turn the pad off it then says reconnect pad in which I turn the wheel back on and carry on as usual, Ive had no problems
    and been doing this since release.
  3. El Mago tv Win User

Controller volume problems

1. Examine the headset, the cord, and the connector for visible defects.
    2. Make sure that no dirt or debris is on the headset connector. To clean the connector, use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
    3. Verify that your Xbox One controller operates correctly, and that you can use the controller to turn on and turn off the console. For help troubleshooting Xbox One controller issues, see Xbox
      One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    4. Firmly insert the Xbox One Chat Headset connector into the expansion port under the directional pad (D-pad) and the right stick on the controller
  4. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Brotherhood glitch?

Controllers disconnecting this way can sometimes be cause by the rumble feature in the pad. If it is too severe and the battery is a little loose it can break the contact and turn off the pad.

Try turning off the rumble feature and see if it happens again.
  5. E McSq Win User

Problem: Need two controllers both player one or signed into same profile?

I also use the Chatpad and have it plugged into a second controller.

When you want to switch over to the Chatpad just turn off controller 1 by either holding down the Guide button untill the "Turn off controller" option appears or take the battery out of the controller.

When you turn on the 2nd controller with the Chatpad attached it will be assigned to player one.

Note that if you turn on the second controller while the first is still on it will become player two untill the XBOX is turned off, so make sure the second pad is activated AFTER you have turned off the first.

Hope that makes sense.
  6. baltyofgod Win User

Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.

I recently bought a used xbox one and an extra controller. I turn on the controller which connects to the console but shuts off after about 3 minutes. I have replaced the batteries with brand new ones out of the pack and have tested that they work on my
    second controller. Due to coronavirus i am unable to swap the controller at gamestop. Is there anything i can do to troubleshoot this and fix it myself?
    Attach the pad to the console, go to settings and accessories select the wired pad to update.
Thema:

1. Xbox one control pad keeps turning off - Similar Threads - control pad keeps

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller D-Pad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller D-Pad: Hello, I love my new wireless controller, but I have one issue with it. When I press the "3 o'clock" position on the d-pad I do not get the same "click" that I get in the other positions. The...
  3. Sudden Increase in Standard Xbox One Controller Stick and D-Pad Sensitivity in Dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Increase in Standard Xbox One Controller Stick and D-Pad Sensitivity in Dashboard: Very recently and suddenly, the d-pad and sticks on my standard Xbox One controller became extremely sensitive in the Dashboard. Light touches to either would result in items in the menu being...
  4. xCloud - Xbox One Controller sticks and D-pad do not work when paired on Android Phone...

in XBoX on Mobile
    xCloud - Xbox One Controller sticks and D-pad do not work when paired on Android Phone...: I have an updated, newer model of the Xbox One S controllers I have a Google Pixel 2XL Bluetooth and controller pair just fine but when the game loads only the A/B/X/Y and home buttons work, so...
  5. How do you actually get in contact with someone from customer support. Broken control pad

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you actually get in contact with someone from customer support. Broken control pad: My xbox one (what i bought in janurey this year) control aint working properly. The right bumper on the pad aint working , now im not pleased about this but im grown enough to understand stuff...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller (7th pad now faulty!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller (7th pad now faulty!): Dear Microsoft, I have recently purchased my 7th Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, and this is the 7th one with unresponsive A & Y Buttons.. see the the link below for a video...
  7. Repair center lost my Elite Controllers D-pad and thumb sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair center lost my Elite Controllers D-pad and thumb sticks: Dear Microsoft / Xbox, My elite controller was broken. I used chat to submit it for repair. I asked the employee if should include all the parts of my elite controller. He couldn't give me an...
  8. Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller smells like burning/warm between d-pad and thumb stick: My xbox gave a prompt that the battery was low then I started to smell burning plastic after that the controller won't power on with new batteries or through a USB cable. Has anyone recently run...
  9. Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a USB track pad be paired with the XBOX Adaptive Controller?: To be clear, both left and right USB ports on the Adaptive Controller work fine when an analog joystick is plugged in. I purchased a new USB track pad https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGFHJDY/...
  10. Xbox One Controller Acting Glitchy | D-Pad keeps scrolling down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Acting Glitchy | D-Pad keeps scrolling down: My D-Pad keeps scrolling down nonstop. This happened randomly, no drops, no physical damage. I took a 10 minute break and came to find this glitch happening. Anything I could do to fix it?...