Xbox One controller affecting mic sensitivity

Discus and support Xbox One controller affecting mic sensitivity in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; okay so I recently bought a new controller and for whatever reason in order for my headset to pick anything up I have to yell and it's very irritating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DracoInfyrnus, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Xbox One controller affecting mic sensitivity

okay so I recently bought a new controller and for whatever reason in order for my headset to pick anything up I have to yell and it's very irritating when I'm just trying to reply to my friends in the party. I know it's not the headset because I can
    plug it into my old controller (broken trigger button) and it works just fine. I'm getting to my wits end because this is incredibly annoying

:)

DracoInfyrnus, Oct 7, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

3. MorkyMork1991 Win User

4. DanMen334 Win User

you're sure to have the latest update, the best option is to use the warranty, you'd better be changed using your warranty at the store where you bought it
  5. AridLizard Win User

Mic sensitivity

is it your mic that is too loud or is it other people you are in a party with?

to adjust the sensitivity of the mic, press the Xbox button on the controller then press RB 3 times to get to the System tab and select Audio from the options there.

this will allow you to turn down mic monitoring so your mic is less sensitive.

if it is other people in your party who have their mics too sensitive then they will have to adjust the mic monitoring on their Xbox
  6. Japsander Win User

My Xbox One Controller is suddenly malfunctioning big time.

i was under the impression that the controller update adjusted the sensitivity too.

"According to a Microsoft spokesperson, the controller tweak will be part of the February update to the Xbox One, and will automatically take effect when an Xbox One controller syncs with the console. Specifically, it will "increase the sensitivity of the
    outer boundaries of the thumbsticks on the Xbox One controller.""
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller affecting mic sensitivity - Similar Threads - controller affecting mic

2. Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller: I recently bought my Elite Series 2 controller. All of the paddles were working fine until about a week of use. After that, paddle 1 lost its mouse click sound that it usually makes upon clicks...
  3. connecting my pdp controller to pc windows 7

in XBoX on Windows
    connecting my pdp controller to pc windows 7: whenever i am connecting my pdp contoller to windows 7 it is shutting down and showing some problems detected and when i disconnect the controller the computer is starting again and if i will not...
  4. xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?: i have 2 xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC wireless gaming receiver.But i can't update the driver to connect my controller.Although it works on my laptop with win10 family version....
  5. Controller Exchangd Return Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Exchangd Return Delivery: Hi I'm returning a faulty Design Labs controller I bought a while back because the A button has stopped working, and I've gone through the process and am at the return delivery section. I got an...
  6. Xbox One Controller Unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Unresponsive: My controller randonly goes unresponsive. i reasearched and troubleshooted this using the Microsoft Help guide for Wireless Controllers, no luck. I read up a bit more and found that it may be...
  7. Xbox Game Bar audio controls don't affect game volume?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar audio controls don't affect game volume?: The audio controls in the Xbox Game Bar affect everything *but* the game I'm playing. I've tried multiple games (Destiny 2, Hitman 2) and it's consistent. Moving the slider does not change the...
  8. Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?: I have an Xbox one X and it's been a while since I'm noticing that when the controller's battery drops in half (Xbox One Play charge kit) , there's an annoying input lag in games. The situation...
  9. Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the battery level affect the controller's input lag?: I have an Xbox one X and it's been a while since I'm noticing that when the controller's battery drops in half (Xbox One Play charge kit) , there's an annoying input lag in games. The situation...
  10. Elite Controller Trigger Vibration Setting in Accessories App NOT affecting gameplay in Halo 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Trigger Vibration Setting in Accessories App NOT affecting gameplay in Halo 5: Hi there, When I change the Trigger Vibration intensity on my Elite Controller through the Accessories App. This does not transfer into Halo 5. Even with Trigger Vibration set to 0 in the...