Xbox one controller and wifi disconnecting

Discus and support Xbox one controller and wifi disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ever since I got my xbox one in June last year I have had an issue with both my controller and wifi disconnecting at the same time I could be half way... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UniQue shaggie, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Xbox one controller and wifi disconnecting

Ever since I got my xbox one in June last year I have had an issue with both my controller and wifi disconnecting at the same time I could be half way through a game and bam disconnected from xbox live and the controller starts flashing and holds onto
    the last command. so I followed every step on the forums to no avail still now the controller is connected via cable it will still flash as if it has been disconnected it happens all throughout the day and not even hard reboot of the system will stop it, the
    connection can be strong for 2 hours or 5 minutes, but both wifi and controller disconnect at the same time.. Does anybody else have this issue ? And does anybody know of a fix Baring In mind I have tried everything but buying new console and controller

:)

UniQue shaggie, Jun 18, 2015
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time

I'd assume your console is connected wirelessly to your WiFi. Since you say the network as well as the controller are disconnecting, I'd guesstimate, that you have a device that also uses the 2.4GHz frequency like the controllers and the WiFi, that interferes
    with your WiFi and wireless controller connection.

It might be a badly shielded microwave oven, or a wireless baby monitor, or a garage door opener remote or one of those remotely switchable power outlets that might cause interference that causes your controller and WiFi to get disconnected.

Arminator, Jun 18, 2015
  3. oofoofoo
    oofoofoo Guest
    Xbox one s connection problems

My xbox one s keeps disconnecting from wifi but it works most of the time. It's not the wifi or router because everything else connected works.

oofoofoo, Jun 18, 2015
  4. Critter FPS
    Critter FPS Guest

Having The Same Problem But My Controller Disconnects And After A Minute I Then Disconnect

Critter FPS, Jul 8, 2015
  5. Arminator Win User

Kicked off xbox live while gaming and controller disconnects at the same time

I'd assume your console is connected wirelessly to your WiFi. Since you say the network as well as the controller are disconnecting, I'd guesstimate, that you have a device that also uses the 2.4GHz frequency like the controllers and the WiFi, that interferes
    with your WiFi and wireless controller connection.

It might be a badly shielded microwave oven, or a wireless baby monitor, or a garage door opener remote or one of those remotely switchable power outlets that might cause interference that causes your controller and WiFi to get disconnected.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

New Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting from console

If the controller still works wired, and the only issues are using it wirelessly then it's possible that there might be some sort of wifi interference causing issues. I had something similar with the day one Xbox One controllers, I had to cycle through
    different channels on my router until eventually one sorted out the disconnect issue. It may be worth trying that out and seeing if that helps with the disconnecting controller.
  7. a123456a Win User

Wireless controllers disconnecting

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation!
  8. jandoedle Win User

Controller lagging/disconnecting unexpectedly

Same problem for me. Controllers keep disconnecting. It happens if other people use wifi for game or netflix. Wifi interferes with the controllers connection. Very bad. Next time a PlayStation.
  9. ChookiPooki Win User

Xbox one controller disconnects when I lose connection to the internet

I know why my internet keeps disconnecting. What im saying is my controller disconnects when i lose connection. It will reconnect but on rare occasions it will not turn back on. Dont worry about the wifi part. All I need to know is if the controllers are
    supposed to drop conneection and then reconnect when the xbox all of a sudden loses internet connection. I dont lose control of the wifi.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller and wifi disconnecting - Similar Threads - controller wifi disconnecting

2. Why does my xbox disconnect from my controller and wifi at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox disconnect from my controller and wifi at the same time?: Everytime I'm about start playing multiplayer, it'll disconnect my wifi and controller bfa6bd69-1647-43b0-ae08-aa5035bcad0a
  3. Controller & wifi disconnects simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller & wifi disconnects simultaneously: Controller & Wfi disconnect every 1-5 mins, & stays disconnected for 1-7 mins before reconnecting. I can't even play games it happens so frequently.... I've contacted Microsoft & they've gave me...
  4. Wifi and wireless controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi and wireless controller keep disconnecting: I am having problems with my Xbox. For about the past week my Xbox one has been constantly disconnecting from its wireless connection. My wireless controller also disconnects even when I connect...
  5. XBOX ONE WIFI/CONTROLLER DISCONNECT SOLVED!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE WIFI/CONTROLLER DISCONNECT SOLVED!: finally diagnosed the issue with random controller disconnects as well as wifi not being detected. The 2nd batch of xbox one consoles created as well as many after that had defective wifi cards!...
  6. My controller randomly disconnects and then disconnects me from my wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller randomly disconnects and then disconnects me from my wifi: I'm having the same problem when my controller randomly disconnects and around the 3rd time it disconnects it also disconnects me from my wifi and it's 2017 why hasn't Microsoft did something...
  7. Controller Blinking/ Disconnecting from wifi Please Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Blinking/ Disconnecting from wifi Please Help!: My controller keeps blinking and disconnects from the internet. I hate it when im in FIFA 17 online and it starts blinking, then the whole game closes out and the wifi on my xbox gets...
  8. Random and constant WiFi and controller disconnection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random and constant WiFi and controller disconnection: Heya, Was wondering if someone could help me out with this issue. My Xbox One has been stuffing up for a while now. It keeps randomly disconnecting the WiFi and the controller won't sync. It's...
  9. Xbox one controller and wifi disconnecting at the same time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller and wifi disconnecting at the same time.: After the February upate I'm getting dc'd from live and my controller will dc at the same time. Playing destiny the controller will start blinking and then I'll get booted to the title screen....
  10. Wifi Disconnects then Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Disconnects then Controller: After a few months of perfect usage and no change in network settings, my xbox starting randomly disconnecting from live and every time it did that my controller would lose sync with the system...