Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019

Discus and support Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019 Maybe the USB used for connection is an older model or that the USB is... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by GravitationalAnemone, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019

Maybe the USB used for connection is an older model or that the USB is faulty

:)

GravitationalAnemone, Aug 18, 2019
  2. SNEP OR TAP 316 Win User

Maybe the USB used for connection is an older model or that the USB is faulty
  3. Charkel Win User

Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter

Hello ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately the Xbox wireless adapter is made solely for the Xbox one Controller. You can Find more info on the wireless adapter here :

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

This link here should help you set up a 360 controller on windows :
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Hope this helps!
    Sorry to hear that. :( I guess I just have to use both 360 and One Adapter simultaneously if it works.

Thx for the info.
  4. datlowen Win User

WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

It's the Microsoft adapter:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows

Observe how the copy says:

With the new and improved Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, you can play your favorite PC games using any Xbox Wireless Controller.

Note that it says any XBox Wireless controller. If it only works for XBox One controllers, that is, at the very least, misleading.

It appears that I will have to avail myself of the "hassle-free returns" policy.
  5. Bayroxis Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Thanks for your answer, would like it to wireless but I can handle it :)

Does all xbox one controller have an usb C port to be connected or some are wireless only ? (Sorry about all these questions but never had an xbox one controller between my hand)

And I found 2 link on microsoft website about wireless connexion here they are, but in french (i'm on phone can't find them in English) but here's the translation of interesting parts :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-BE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows-compatibility

"The wireless adaptator for windows 10 has been made to be used on windows 10 only. The old wireless adaptator xbox for windows works on device running windows 10, windows 8.1 and windows 7. "

That's where I heard about the "old adaptator"

And I just found this link :

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

This is line 1, 2 and 3 of the table :

"Fonctionality : usb wired connexion : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows : works on windows 10 and windows 7/8.1

Fonctionality : connexion via wireless usb adaptator for windows 10 : works on windows 10, doesn't work on windows 7."

So seems like there is 2 wireless adaptator and one of them seems to work on windows 7 but they don't precise if it's for xbow one or 360...sigh now you understand why i'm so lost, 3 versions of the controller, 2 different adaptator, many software update...I
    know the best is to switch to W10 but I never had a single problem on w7 and would like to keep it as long as possible.

Thanks again !
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Controller Xbox One - Windows 7 x64 - Wireless

Hi

- There was 3 versions of the controller right ? Does they all work on w7 (x64) ?

They will all work, but only with a wired connection. Bluetooth is not supported for Windows 7 nor is the Wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller unfortunately.

- Can we play wireless on w7 or it just works with the wire ? Heard that you could play wireless with the
    OLD microsoft wireless adaptator (the usb key for xbox controller) but not the new adaptator wich is specific to windows 10.

See previous answer. As for an older Adapter, I'm not aware of such a device. I'm pretty sure all adapters only support Windows 10.

- Would like to buy the RED xbox one controller, does it have a software difference with classic xbox one controller and for some reasons it only work on w10 or it's just a color change ?

All Xbox One controllers will work with Windows 10, but only via a wired connection.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller and Wireless Adapter not working on Windows Server 2019 - Similar Threads - Controller Wireless Adapter

2. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  3. Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers: I know this issue has been brought up many times but none of the solutions have helped me so far. The issue started after a fresh Windows install. My system sees the XBOX ONE CONTROLLER simply...
  4. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  5. Xbox One controller and Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 suddenly will not connect

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller and Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 suddenly will not connect: Back in February, I purchased a new Xbox One controller along with the wireless adapter. Worked perfect, until today. Just out of the blue when I turned the controller on it was flashing. I've...
  6. xbox controller does not connect to the wireless adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controller does not connect to the wireless adapter: I have the problem that the Xbox controller does not connect to the adapter. The small light on the adapter flashes, but the controller gets no connection. d6e584bc-c319-4dcd-81be-37fba109fc6f
  7. Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller: Can wireless controller work with Xbox Adaptive Controller? My son would use buttons plugged into adaptive controller for shooting while I would assist him with steering via wireless controller....
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter One and Controller Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter One and Controller Xbox 360: Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to connect a xbox 360 controller to a windows 10 pc with the Xbox One Adapter ? Thank you for the answer ! c420140c-cdde-48b2-9c3a-b65a68f6c27c
  9. XBox One Wireless Controller Adapter Driver for Windows 7

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Wireless Controller Adapter Driver for Windows 7: Is there a Driver for the Controller for Windows 7? Wireless Adapter Model is 1790, Controller Model is 1708. f38f0cc1-56cc-4cc5-ac5d-1ff4026bdb36
  10. Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter): Hi, Last night my xbox one controller worked perfectly while gaming but as of today (after windows 7 update) my controller can still connect to my wireless adapter but the controller input doesn't...