Xbox one controller battery flap

Discus and support Xbox one controller battery flap in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; about 30 minutes ago i dropped my controller on accident and it disconnected like it always does i opened the battery case and what i saw almost gave... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Doudeu, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Doudeu
    Doudeu Guest

about 30 minutes ago i dropped my controller on accident and it disconnected like it always does i opened the battery case and what i saw almost gave me a heart attack the flap with the plus symbol on it had broken off and i immediately tried to fix it but THE FLAP WENT IN THE CONTROLLER i started getting a knife to open it up and get the flap out of the controller but it didnt work can you guys tell me how to open it or if i can get a repair from microsoft or tell me how to put the flap back on thank you

:)

Doudeu, Aug 2, 2021
  2. ClausReich Win User

Hello Doudeu! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

If the battery terminal broke off, it is necessary to get your controller fixed. Depending on how long ago you purchased your controller, you might be able to get it replaced with Microsoft here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Go down on the page and press the Sign-in button, then type the controller serial number. If you are not eligible for a controller replacement, you would need to get it serviced on a console repair store, or purchase a new controller.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Doudeu! I hope that you are doing well!

I recommend you get in touch with our live support as they'll hopefully be able to offer the option to service the controller to fix it.

Contact us
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

Design lab controllers

Hi there,

The controllers come with a standard controller battery cover (same as the other Xbox controllers). You can use either a rechargeable battery pack, or regular AA batteries. No different from other Xbox One controllers.
  5. Deemushunter Win User

Xbox one controller says it's connected but isn't working

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

To troubleshoot the rechargeable battery, try the following:

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
  6. Deemushunter Win User

Play and charge issue.

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

To troubleshoot the rechargeable battery, try the following:

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller battery flap - Similar Threads - controller battery flap

2. Xbox Series S Controller constantly disconnecting and says battery level critical even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller constantly disconnecting and says battery level critical even...: I bought a new controller about 2 months ago for my PC as I needed an upgrade, but recently its been constantly disconnecting while i'm playing games and takes around 15 seconds to reconnect. I...
  3. Battery indicator for xbox one controller not displaying in Windows' game bar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery indicator for xbox one controller not displaying in Windows' game bar: So, I was playing earlier and my controller finally died. Love these batteries. The issue is, I would like to know when I can unplug my controller to use bluetooth again, but the indicator is not...
  4. Does Xbox Series X|S controller work with 14500 Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox Series X|S controller work with 14500 Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries?: Does Xbox Series X|S controller work with 14500 Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries? Lithium-ion rechargeable have a voltage up to 4.2 V. Thus the controller needs to have a voltage step down that...
  5. Can I charge AA Rechargable batteries using the Type C on the new Series X controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I charge AA Rechargable batteries using the Type C on the new Series X controller?: Hello all, Is it possible if I put 2 AA Rechargeable batteries in the controller to charge them using type c on the controller itself? (Does the Type C pass through to the batteries?) Thanks...
  6. Xbox Controller with Recharge Kit: No battery status on PC (Windows 10) via Bluetooth (or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller with Recharge Kit: No battery status on PC (Windows 10) via Bluetooth (or...: I am using my Xbox Controller (Series X) for gaming on my PC. Inside the controller is the official "Xbox Rechargeable Battery" and I connect the controller via Bluetooth or cable. Is there any...
  7. Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.: I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead program, after the latest update for the Xbox One Controller, my controller still drain the battery when is off, and I have Original Battery for Xbox Controllers, I hope...
  8. Series controller, battery level wildly fluctuating

in XBoX on Windows
    Series controller, battery level wildly fluctuating: Using the brand new duracell batteries that came with the controller but after just around 4 hours of usage (spent an evening, no more) windows gave a notification that the battery is at 0%. It...
  9. Xbox Design Lab Controller + Battery Pack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller + Battery Pack: Hello, a week ago I bought a Xbox series S. Besides the console I bought 2 Xbox battery packs and I ordered a lab design controller. Got the console and the battery packs. Now I got my lab design...
  10. Generic Battery for Xbox one Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Generic Battery for Xbox one Controller: Hi, Will it be damaging to a xbox one controller if I use a generic battery pack? 7eac1d50-5e47-4e7a-8192-46b79d6f372b