Xbox One Controller Battery Pack - false charge

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Battery Pack - false charge in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, i'm charging the xbox one controller with the original cable on my pc. The light on the cable is white, when unplugged the controller switch off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Matteo_87, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Matteo_87
    Matteo_87 Guest

Hi,

i'm charging the xbox one controller with the original cable on my pc.

The light on the cable is white, when unplugged the controller switch off after a couple of seconds, and doesn't turn on.

When plugged again the led is orange for 1-2 minutes, then white again.

Same story: unplugged, switched off.

It's like the battery doesn't charge or send false charge signal.

I have no xbox one, just the controller for pc.

Tnx in advance

:)

Matteo_87, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Deemushunter Win User

Xbox one controller says it's connected but isn't working

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

To troubleshoot the rechargeable battery, try the following:

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
  3. Deemushunter Win User

Play and charge issue.

To resolve this issue, determine the faulty component and then replace that component:

The Xbox One Wireless Controller

To troubleshoot the wireless controller, try using AA batteries, or try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack to verify that nothing is wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, it isn't causing the issue.

The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

To check whether the cable is the problem, try a different Play & Charge cable (or any standard USB to micro-USB cable) to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different cable, your charge cable is faulty.

The rechargeable battery

Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.

Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
  4. DangerousBard Win User

the charging station is strange

Hello gamer,

This behavior can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox one play and charge kit

Hi Robert,

Are you using the controller on an Xbox One console or on PC?

The LED light on the Play and Charge kit cable will glow orange indicating the battery is charging and then a white light to indicate the battery is fully charged. If the LED is not glowing at all, then this indicates that there is no battery pack to charge.

Take out the rechargeable battery and insert it again in the correct position. If the LED is not glowing orange and the battery is in the correct position, then the battery is not being detected by the controller or the battery is faulty and cannot be recharged.

To test the cable, remove the battery pack and try using the controller in a wired format. If then controller works without the battery pack and just the cable, then the cable is fine. If the controller works without a problem using standard disposable batteries
    then the battery pack is the issue.

Try these tests out and let us know the results!
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox one play and charge

Hey there, can you troubleshoot the 3 components as showed below to determine what is the source of the issue? One may need replacing.

Solution

• The Xbox One Wireless Controller

• The Xbox One Play & Charge cable

• The rechargeable battery

• Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox One Wireless Controller. Then try to charge the battery again.
      • Try a different Xbox One Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, your original battery is faulty.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Battery Pack - false charge - Similar Threads - Controller Battery Pack

2. Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the MS rechargeable battery pack from an Xbox One controller fit into a Series S/X...: MS have announced new "play and charge" kits for the new controllers coming with the new consoles. The new controllers have a new share button and use a Type C USB connector. In photos, the...
  3. Battery pack/ controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Battery pack/ controller issues: I've been using these venom rechargeable battery packs for a few years now but omly recently one lf the battery packs has started Turning my controller off once I plug in my headset. Anyone able...
  4. Xbox Controller wont charge using the Charge Kit Battery Pack

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller wont charge using the Charge Kit Battery Pack: If I try to charge it the light on the cable goes orange for like 10 seconds as it should and then turns white even though the battery is still empty. The controller is working fine while plugged...
  5. I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know how to charge my battery pack for my xbox 360 wireless controller: My controller is wireless and has a rechargeable battery pack but I don't know how to charge it. My console is almost 10 years old so I possibly could have lost the charge cord. I have the main...
  6. xbox one controller play battery pack pc question

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller play battery pack pc question: I was wondering if there was a way to get my controller to automatically re-sync to Bluetooth after recharging the battery play pack when I unplug the cable from my USB the light flashes like it's...
  7. My rechargeable battery pack will not charge and my controller only turns on when its plugged ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My rechargeable battery pack will not charge and my controller only turns on when its plugged ...: My controller will not turn on with the rechargable battery pack in it and the battery wont charge when I plug my controller in. I cant play unless the controller is plugged in and i know its not...
  8. Wireless controller - Brand new battery pack doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller - Brand new battery pack doesn't work.: One of my Xbox 360 controllers was missing a battery pack, so I bought a brand new one. However, when I put the brand new battery pack in the controller, the controller doesn't turn on. I've tried...
  9. battery pack for the xbox one s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    battery pack for the xbox one s controller: hi trying to find out if u can buy a battery pack for the xbox one s controller?thanks 50e5ddc4-9792-4598-9cd0-1294198f0dbb
  10. Xbox Battery Pack Incompatible with New Xbox One S Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Battery Pack Incompatible with New Xbox One S Controller: Anyone else having this issue? My Elite Controller broke after 6 months of normal use so I bought a new S controller to replace it (why would I spend another $150 on sub-par "premium" product)....