Xbox One controller buttons not responding

Discus and support Xbox One controller buttons not responding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one controller blinks and turns off on powering on. I tried to connect using a USB cable. In that case it stays on but none of the other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by songlapsaha, May 12, 2022.

1. songlapsaha
    songlapsaha Guest

My Xbox one controller blinks and turns off on powering on. I tried to connect using a USB cable. In that case it stays on but none of the other buttons work. I have tried to power cycle my console but the controller is still not working.

:)

songlapsaha, May 12, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Songlapsaha! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

* Please try power cycling both your console and the controller, like this:

- While your controller is on, press and hold its Xbox button until it shuts down.

- Remove your controller's batteries and the Micro-USB cable for a minute or two.

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.

- Remove all other external devices from your console's USB ports.

- Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Turn your console on, plug your controller in, and check if the issues persist.

* If this doesn't work, then the next thing to do would be to update your controller. Do you have a different controller we could use to navigate your console's dashboard and update your non-working controller? If you don't, then I'd suggest plugging your controller into a PC and updating it through the Xbox Accessories app.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if these work or if you need further assistance.
  3. Andre' Arnett-Braun Win User

Controllers become unresponsive

4. FGreez Win User

Buttons on Xbox controller not responding

It is just a feeling, my friend. If the controller works normally then everything is ok? Is it working normally?
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

6. DrifterX22 Win User

to see if the buttons are registering and the issue is with the controller connect it to a PC. Download the game controller tester app from the MS Store.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller buttons not responding - Similar Threads - controller buttons responding

2. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 paddle buttons not responding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 paddle buttons not responding: Everything else works fine which I confirmed through the xbox accessories app. The paddles are in fact depressing the buttons so it's not an issue of lack of physical connection. I've connected...
  3. Controller buttons not responding

in XboX Insiders
    Controller buttons not responding: I have submitted a report on console about this. But is anyone else having this issue? I load up a game. But none of the buttons respond. I can hit the Xbox button and get out. But nothing...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller RB BUTTON WONT RESPOND

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller RB BUTTON WONT RESPOND: The rb button on the controller wont respond at all out of nowhere. When I try to check the Xbox accessories app it shows my controller input to the left of the app and then asks me to connect my...
  5. Series X Dashboard black and controller doesn't respond (only Xbox button)

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Dashboard black and controller doesn't respond (only Xbox button): Had it happen to me twice. Working just fine. I go to sleep. Next morning when turning on Xbox the screen stays black. Only the Xbox button on the controller works, but I cannot select any option...
  6. Xbox One S Wireless Controller Buttons Not Responding

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox One S Wireless Controller Buttons Not Responding: During November, I was on my phone with my Wireless XBOX One S Controller, Playing Call Of Duty Mobile and 5 of the buttons(Buttons that are not responding are; back, right stick, guide and both...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller RB button barely responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller RB button barely responding: Hello, I receive a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 for Christmas last year in 2019, and I am beginning to have troubles with the RB button. The button barely works properly now, and has to really...
  8. Xbox One Controller Home Button Not Responding or working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Home Button Not Responding or working: For a while now my wireless controller home button just doesnt work when pressed so I cant even turn it on. I’ve been using a USB cable to turn it on with non-reusable batteries inside but now...
  9. Have a Elite v2 controller with buttons/joystick not responding..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have a Elite v2 controller with buttons/joystick not responding..: Bought it through amazon in August of last year (2019)..now when I check warranty it says it ended In April? What to do with this $180 controller that doesnt work? Thanks for any help...
  10. Xbox controller issues after firmware update (button "A" responds as if it were "X" or...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller issues after firmware update (button "A" responds as if it were "X" or...: hello, here I come to try to solve a little problem that happened with my Xbox controller, after a firmware update the controller that worked normally started to have a problem, when I press...