Xbox one controller causing FPS and audio problems in my PC Games.

Discus and support Xbox one controller causing FPS and audio problems in my PC Games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I am using my Xbox One Elite Controller when playing games, everything will work fine for about 30 minutes or so. Then my frames will start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JerkwaterDuke97, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Xbox one controller causing FPS and audio problems in my PC Games.

When I am using my Xbox One Elite Controller when playing games, everything will work fine for about 30 minutes or so. Then my frames will start lagging. For example, I run normally around 70-80 fps on a game and then suddenly I will drop down to 40ish fps
    but its a really sluggish and stuttering 40ish FPS. If I keep pushing through this for few minutes then I will start hearing my audio cut in and out.

If I unplug my controller and then everything goes straight back to normal. So I can plug it back and it continues to run normally for another 30 mins.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the controller through device manager. I use wireless dongle so I tried running cable and I get the same thing.

I also tried running the troubleshooting tool and it finds nothing wrong.

I tried searching the internet and I found people were having this problem for years and seem like Microsoft has done nothing to correct it. Its pretty bad I can use a MICROSOFT controller on a MICROSOFT operating system correctly for man then 20-30 mins.

:)

JerkwaterDuke97, Dec 19, 2017
  2. OctalWalrus
    OctalWalrus Guest
    Covert Controller causes stuttering in both audio/video

Has anyone had an issue with the new controller causing stuttering on audio and video? My xbox just constantly lags in both audio/visual...when the controller is disconnected everything works fine.

OctalWalrus, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Demp Rev
    Demp Rev Guest
    Headphone Jack not giving game audio.

Last Christmas I got my xbox and I always got audio through the headphone jack on my controller. I then got a PC and stopped playing xbox for a while. Now when I use the headphone jack on my controller, I only have chat audio. nothing has changed. I have
    gone through three different customer support sessions and each one has given me a different answer. One of them tried to get me to open up ports on my router and promised that it would solve my audio problems... Any help?

Demp Rev, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Rob.6 Win User

Sea of Thieves Low FPS

pc

audio popping and low fps
  5. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I did this and it didn't fix my problem. I can't hear game audio through my controller. I've tried using different controllers, same result. Using different mics on those controllers, still same result. I've also used the headsets on different devices
    like my phone and PC and they work fine. To add to it I can hear chat audio, I just can't hear game audio through the headset. I'm thinking it's a controller issue or Xbox issue. I've changed the audio output to something else doesn't fix it.
  6. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Xbox controller removes sound on PC when connected.

Hi There,

Sorry for the frustrations this does sound irritating and unusual. You stated that you delete the Xbox controller from audio devices, have you instead tried to disable it? If you delete it Windows will just reinstall the drivers each time. Is your controller
    perhaps losing connection to your pc when this occurs? If you are using a lose connection or the controllers wireless connection is interrupted it could cause it to reconnect and mess with the audio on your pc as a new audio device has been detected.
  7. J1gg4M4n Win User

New xbox 1 wireless controller built in 3.5 socket

Yes. A colleague uses "Sennheiser PCV 05 Combo Audio Adapter for PC Gaming Headsets" with his Xbox One controller.
  8. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Bluetooth Controller as well headset not being recognized

the controller supports bluetooth connection to pc and mobile devices but does not support audio over bluetooth in any way shape or form (does support audio passthrough when wired to pc)

the headset should work though when the controller is wirelessly connected to the xbox one.

have you resynced the controller to the xbox one.
Thema:

Xbox one controller causing FPS and audio problems in my PC Games.

1. Xbox one controller causing FPS and audio problems in my PC Games. - Similar Threads - controller causing FPS

2. series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    series x controller keeps disconnecting which then causes the wifi to disconnect or the...: Finally took the plunge and upgraded to the series X and had nothing but issues with it. The controller often disconnects within minutes of starting a game, the screen flickers at the same time...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller(s) causing headset “Crackling” & Random Shut offs?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller(s) causing headset “Crackling” & Random Shut offs?: Hi‍♂️Guys/Gals. Could REALLY use some feedback/insight. Several weeks back I noticed my headset would randomly begin crackling (static noises) ever so often during play sessions. The controller...
  4. XBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab: Hi guys bought the new xbox one x controller to use on rocket league on my PC. I've had the older xbox one controller previously and have had no issues. Whilst playing rocket league my game keeps...
  5. Quick Resume might be causing the controller not working for some titles and only the guide...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume might be causing the controller not working for some titles and only the guide...: From the build notes for the issues I am referencing: "We’ve received reports that the dashboard is unresponsive to controls (except the Xbox Button) when powered on from standby." "We’ve...
  6. Just rage uninstalled Horizon 4 as it keeps causing Series X controller disconnection....

in XboX Insiders
    Just rage uninstalled Horizon 4 as it keeps causing Series X controller disconnection....: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  7. Either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few...

in XboX Insiders
    Either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few...: This just started happening last night but either my headset or adaptor on my controller is causing my headset to cut out for a few seconds then cut back in. I have an OG Xbox One and OG model of...
  8. Xbox One Controllers Causing major FPS Hits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controllers Causing major FPS Hits: Hello all I am having an issue with my xbox one controllers on windows. I had the previous issue where plugging in my elite controller would cause windows to crash which was thankfully fixed, but...
  9. Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10: I'm using a MSI GE60 2PE laptop (GTX 860m, Intel core i7-4710HQ) running Windows 10 Pro (detail: MSI – Google Drive) Before using Xbox one controller, I used a xbox 360 wired controller, and my...
  10. Xbox One controller causing fps drop/slowdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller causing fps drop/slowdown: I recently installed a new computer (Asus Z170 Hero VIII, Intel 6600K, 16gb ram, win10). When using my (wired) xbox one controller, I notice framedrops in all games. When I unplug the controller...