Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

Discus and support Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kieronviper91, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller tester from the store it became obvious my left D pad button wasn't working correctly and flashing while holding
    it down, after seeing numerous videos of people saying to just bend the little metal prongs down and it'll fix it (never fixed it). so i took the Dpad button out and just used my finger to press the button manually, the game controller tester now showing a
    solid light. so it became apparent the issue was the buttons itself. i got a tiny piece of paper and folded it 2 times to make to contact area larger and higher. put the paper on the actual circuit board where the gold coloured button is then put the D Pad
    button back on followed by the metal spring. now my controller is working 100% and no more double clicking!

I hope this helps some people out there struggling to find a fix!

:)

Kieronviper91, Apr 25, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Kieronviper,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We appreciate you helping out the community with a solution to this issue. I would however, like to remind you to keep the

forums guidelines
    in mind when posting.

"22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use....This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com."

If you ever require support, or would like to start a discussion, please create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.
  3. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

Xbox 360 Controller vs Xbox One Controller, your thoughts?

I hated the D-Pad and battery pack on the Xbox 360 controller, so now that Microsoft have fixed the D-Pad and have the batteries built-in I prefer the Xbox One controller. It took me a while to get used to the analog sticks on
    the Xbox One.
  4. CRUZZifer Win User
  5. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Ok, so I finally have everything set up, except one thing- I have the thumb stick joystick adapter plugged into the left usb port of the pad. The controller functions as it should, except when I click the adaptive thumb stick, it does not function to
    click the left thumb stick, which it controls. Is there a way to do this, or must I find another way to click the left thumb stick?
  6. OG Pooh Win User

Xbox controllers are the worst

I've had 5 or 6 controllers, and at least one analog stick on almost all of them started to drift at some point. For me, the bigger issue is the crappy d-pads.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way - Similar Threads - controller Pad sticking

2. Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming: The controller functions normally when connected to the Xbox itself. When game streaming, the sticks, triggers, and d-pad do not work giving no input while the bumpers and other buttons function...
  3. Xbox One S Controller skipping selections on Dashboard. D-Pad/Stick double click

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller skipping selections on Dashboard. D-Pad/Stick double click: Hello everyone, I need some help with a problem regarding my Xbox One S controller. In the dashboard it just skips the selection, and if you try to move in 1 direction it will make 2 steps,...
  4. D-Pad do controle de Xbox One clicando duas vezes / Xbox One Controller D-Pad double...

in XBoX on Consoles
    D-Pad do controle de Xbox One clicando duas vezes / Xbox One Controller D-Pad double...: [BR] O lado esquerdo do D-Pad do meu controle de Xbox One está com um problema de duplo clique, por ex: eu aperto pra esquerda no menu Xbox e as vezes ele pula um espaço. Eu seguro pra esquerda...
  5. Xbox One Controller: D-PAD - 4 or 8 position?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller: D-PAD - 4 or 8 position?: Hello. I’ve been interested for several months, and everyone answers differently, who speaks 4 positions, who speaks 8 positions. Please tell me, at the cross (D-PAD) 4 or 8 positions? -----...
  6. Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad: I just bought an Xbox-licensed One controller from Walmart. I unbox it, plug it in, and I can’t even use it cause the controller keeps spamming down on the d-pad as if I were pressing it, but I’m...
  7. Problem with 4x controllers(Microsoft pad Xbox One S 6CL-00002)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with 4x controllers(Microsoft pad Xbox One S 6CL-00002): Hello, I have a problem with 4x Xbox controllers. All gamepads have a faulty left analog stick. In neutral position cursor is moving. I tried to fix controllers according to microsoft support...
  8. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!: Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers. When I was customizing, I saw that the thumb sticks only have 8 color options,...
  9. Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift: Yesterday I tried to use my controller but the left thumbstick is not moving anything at all. Both on the home screen and in a game, nothing moves when the thumbsticks are moved. But when I press...
  10. Why do not works arcade stick, steerWheels or control pads from xbox360 on ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do not works arcade stick, steerWheels or control pads from xbox360 on ONE: I dont´know why doesn´t work something as simple as x360 arcade stick on ONE when this works in whatever pc with windows. The same with the controllers and wheelsteers from 360. I hope this would...