Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

Discus and support Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kieronviper91, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller tester from the store it became obvious my left D pad button wasn't working correctly and flashing while holding
    it down, after seeing numerous videos of people saying to just bend the little metal prongs down and it'll fix it (never fixed it). so i took the Dpad button out and just used my finger to press the button manually, the game controller tester now showing a
    solid light. so it became apparent the issue was the buttons itself. i got a tiny piece of paper and folded it 2 times to make to contact area larger and higher. put the paper on the actual circuit board where the gold coloured button is then put the D Pad
    button back on followed by the metal spring. now my controller is working 100% and no more double clicking!

I hope this helps some people out there struggling to find a fix!

:)

Kieronviper91, Apr 25, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Kieronviper,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We appreciate you helping out the community with a solution to this issue. I would however, like to remind you to keep the

forums guidelines
    in mind when posting.

"22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use....This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com."

If you ever require support, or would like to start a discussion, please create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.
  3. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

Xbox 360 Controller vs Xbox One Controller, your thoughts?

I hated the D-Pad and battery pack on the Xbox 360 controller, so now that Microsoft have fixed the D-Pad and have the batteries built-in I prefer the Xbox One controller. It took me a while to get used to the analog sticks on
    the Xbox One.
  4. CRUZZifer Win User
  5. OG Pooh Win User

Xbox controllers are the worst

I've had 5 or 6 controllers, and at least one analog stick on almost all of them started to drift at some point. For me, the bigger issue is the crappy d-pads.
  6. BoundByNothing Win User

Gears of War Elite Controller

The option I am looking for isn't there. The only available options to click are D-Pads, Paddles, and Thumbsticks. Does this mean there is no way to replace/reattach the padding on the underside of the controller?
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way - Similar Threads - controller Pad sticking

2. Problem with 4x controllers(Microsoft pad Xbox One S 6CL-00002)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with 4x controllers(Microsoft pad Xbox One S 6CL-00002): Hello, I have a problem with 4x Xbox controllers. All gamepads have a faulty left analog stick. In neutral position cursor is moving. I tried to fix controllers according to microsoft support...
  3. Controller elite d-pad issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller elite d-pad issue: When i connect my controller elite either wirelessly or with a cable to my xbox the d-pad does not work. i have checked button mapping and found no issue and tried a different controller that...
  4. Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.: As above. I have tried the chatpad on another controller and it works fine on battery only. I have tried updating the controller with the chatpad attached but no update is needed. I've tried...
  5. how do i get my 4 xbox control pads fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i get my 4 xbox control pads fixed?: I've got 2 pads about a year old rb broke off 1 and the direction sticks on the other and the older 2 is lb broke and direction sticks. £50 each what a waste had xbox 360 pads for 10 years and...
  6. Problem with the D-PAD of my XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with the D-PAD of my XBOX ONE CONTROLLER: Hello, I own a Xbox One Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows and the D-PAD is not working very well. Actually it derive a little bit in a random direction and it is impossible to play...
  7. Controller D-Pad Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller D-Pad Broken: The little metal thing on the circuit bored is broken it won't pop up and I can't click, is there a way to fix the D-Pad, do I have to buy a new one, I hope I don't have to buy a new controller...
  8. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!: Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers. When I was customizing, I saw that the thumb sticks only have 8 color options,...
  9. Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift: Yesterday I tried to use my controller but the left thumbstick is not moving anything at all. Both on the home screen and in a game, nothing moves when the thumbsticks are moved. But when I press...
  10. Why do not works arcade stick, steerWheels or control pads from xbox360 on ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do not works arcade stick, steerWheels or control pads from xbox360 on ONE: I dont´know why doesn´t work something as simple as x360 arcade stick on ONE when this works in whatever pc with windows. The same with the controllers and wheelsteers from 360. I hope this would...