xbox one controller dashboard selection not working

Discus and support xbox one controller dashboard selection not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; at the minute i have a controller that the right stick keeps drifting up, when i go to select something from the dashboard it takes multiple presses... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James Syme, Mar 8, 2015.

1. James Syme
    James Syme Guest

at the minute i have a controller that the right stick keeps drifting up,

when i go to select something from the dashboard it takes multiple presses as if im not selecting it for long enough

and the last problem is that when i try to scroll through some things it will scroll 2 at a time on things like netflix,

does anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this myself if it comes to that?

:)

James Syme, Mar 8, 2015
  2. Xbox 360 Turtle Beach Headset isn't working.please help?

Hi ,

You can try the following, had the same problem:

In order to hear other players you must make sure that the following is set from the Xbox 360 dashboard: First, make sure that your XBOX Live Talkback Cable is firmly connected to both your XBOX 360 controller and your headset. This is the cable with 2.5mm
    plugs on each end. NOTE: This cable is permanently connected to the XL1 and XC1 headsets.

1. From the Xbox 360 Dashboard, press the Xbox Guide button (the X button in the center of your controller) to access your Xbox Live Settings.

2. Navigate to the "Settings" selection.

3. Highlight "Prefrences", and Press "A"

4. Select "Voice" from the following menu, and press "A".

5. On the Voice screen, make sure that "Play Through Headset" is selected for Voice Output selection and that volume is set to 10. It will also work on "Play Through Both" however, you might hear an 'echo' effect generated from the voice duplication.

6. You can fine tune game audio and chat volumes using the Headset amplifier's chat volume controls.

If this is not working, please try testing this headset out on more than one XBOX 360 controllers. If one particular controller does not work, you know that controller has a worn out or damaged XBOX Live Chat jack.

If chat is not working properly on any XBOX 360 controller, you may have a bad chat cable.

Hope this works.

Cheers!

TheBlurEffect, Mar 8, 2015
  3. CNFPlays
    CNFPlays Guest
    Dashboard and Guide Goes crazy

I need help with fixing a problem with the xbox one dashboard and guide menu. Sometimes when I go home or open the guide the selection will move around without me doing anything. My controller works fine in all games and even when I turn my controller off
    it will still continue to go crazy I've tried hard resetting and using a different controller but nothing works. I'm having to navigate the dashboard by using cortana. Please can someone explain what's happening

CNFPlays, Mar 8, 2015
  4. xbox one controller dashboard selection not working

You can't fix controller drifting as the Xbox one does not allow you to re-calibrate it, as for the multiple presses this can usually be fixed by powercycling your console (if you didn't drop your controller, if you did it might be an internal controller
    malfunction)

FearedNightmare, Mar 9, 2015
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

You can't fix controller drifting as the Xbox one does not allow you to re-calibrate it, as for the multiple presses this can usually be fixed by powercycling your console (if you didn't drop your controller, if you did it might be an internal controller
    malfunction)
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

3.5mm earphones only usable as a microphone

Hey ImSoBored246 -

Sorry to hear about the issue. Are you able to try your headset on a different Xbox One controller? Alternatively, are you able to try a different headset on your current controller? Also, if you haven't yet, I recommend updating your controller. To do this,
    from your Xbox One console dashboard:

• Open the Guide menu
    • Scroll down to 'Settings'
    • Select 'All Settings'
    • Scroll down to 'Kinect & Devices'
    • Select 'Devices & Accessories'
    • Select 'Xbox One Wireless Controller'
    • Check to see if an update is available
    Give all that a try and let us know if it works!
  7. carter1924 Win User

Controller diconnect

one solution for controller issues on nba2k14 on xbox one is to go to the dashboard select the small picture of your profile at the top of the screen and press choose this player. if on 360 i have no solutions
  8. TheBlurEffect Win User

Xbox 360 Turtle Beach Headset isn't working.please help?

Hi ,

You can try the following, had the same problem:

In order to hear other players you must make sure that the following is set from the Xbox 360 dashboard: First, make sure that your XBOX Live Talkback Cable is firmly connected to both your XBOX 360 controller and your headset. This is the cable with 2.5mm
    plugs on each end. NOTE: This cable is permanently connected to the XL1 and XC1 headsets.

1. From the Xbox 360 Dashboard, press the Xbox Guide button (the X button in the center of your controller) to access your Xbox Live Settings.

2. Navigate to the "Settings" selection.

3. Highlight "Prefrences", and Press "A"

4. Select "Voice" from the following menu, and press "A".

5. On the Voice screen, make sure that "Play Through Headset" is selected for Voice Output selection and that volume is set to 10. It will also work on "Play Through Both" however, you might hear an 'echo' effect generated from the voice duplication.

6. You can fine tune game audio and chat volumes using the Headset amplifier's chat volume controls.

If this is not working, please try testing this headset out on more than one XBOX 360 controllers. If one particular controller does not work, you know that controller has a worn out or damaged XBOX Live Chat jack.

If chat is not working properly on any XBOX 360 controller, you may have a bad chat cable.

Hope this works.

Cheers!
  9. Slow GIN Fizz Win User

Turtle Beach headset issue in Party Chat

I have found that if Kinect signs me in, my headset sometimes won't work. If I go to the dashboard and select my character to sign in and select 'Choose this person', my headset begins working right away. It seems like when signing in with Kinect, the
    xbox one doesn't always know which controller you are using.

It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, this method always seems to work.

Karen
Thema:

1. xbox one controller dashboard selection not working - Similar Threads - controller dashboard selection

2. Issues with Elite 2 Controller and Dashboard in Alpha Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with Elite 2 Controller and Dashboard in Alpha Ring: Been seeing some issues with Elite 2 and alpha ring dashboard. Loss of connection, loss of ability to move cursor and move sticks. Only thing that will work is the XB button but cannot even report...
  3. Xbox One S Controller skipping selections on Dashboard. D-Pad/Stick double click

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller skipping selections on Dashboard. D-Pad/Stick double click: Hello everyone, I need some help with a problem regarding my Xbox One S controller. In the dashboard it just skips the selection, and if you try to move in 1 direction it will make 2 steps,...
  4. Just got the new dashboard layout and also, for the first time ever, a controller update....

in XboX Insiders
    Just got the new dashboard layout and also, for the first time ever, a controller update....: [IMG] submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  5. My controller sensitivity is very high on xbox dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller sensitivity is very high on xbox dashboard: My controller sensitivity is very high on Xbox dashboard and randomly in games, it starts to scroll up. This is a replacement controller that I got from Xbox after my other controller stopped...
  6. Dashboard not responding to controller inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Dashboard not responding to controller inputs: Again, a full shut-down / restart fixes it. But it's a new issue for me, and I'm seeing a lot more issues of late. Mostly minor but they're adding up. Turned Xbox on using controller, the profile...
  7. 360 games dashboard controller icons

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 games dashboard controller icons: What do the controller icons mean on the Xbox 360 dashboard? the controller with a "play triangle" symbol or small bulls eye circle overlapping the controller 3c45d262-cd57-44c0-931b-6090ecf69bac
  8. Xbox Controller not working in games but does on dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller not working in games but does on dashboard: So I have logged in this afternoon to find that my RT button doesn't work when I try and play any kind of game however it works just fine on the dashboard and on apps. I've tried all the usual...
  9. I cannot control the dashboard anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot control the dashboard anymore.: I cannot control my dashboard on xbox. If I flick the trigger down, it goes directly up, side ways the same etc. I cannot send messages with start, cannot backspace with Y etc. It is not...
  10. both xbox one controllers go left in the dashboard and will not let me click A X Y B to play ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    both xbox one controllers go left in the dashboard and will not let me click A X Y B to play ...: both controllers just go left on my Xbox One. They are Microsoft Brand controllers. I tried clearing the blue ray disc cache, the alternate Mac Address and it still goes to the left in the...