Xbox One controller disconnects often when idle

Discus and support Xbox One controller disconnects often when idle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a brand new Xbox One X Gears Ultimate edition. The controller that came with it disconnects about every 15-30 seconds if i dont press... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Manic Guerrilla, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Xbox One controller disconnects often when idle

I recently bought a brand new Xbox One X Gears Ultimate edition. The controller that came with it disconnects about every 15-30 seconds if i dont press any buttons. The light on the controller stays constant as if it is still connected but it wont move
    the screen and the xbox will prompt that the controller has been disconnected. At this point if i press the pair buttons on the console and controller it wont pair until I take the batteries out and put them back in. To remedy this problem i am forced to continue
    to press a button during all loading screens and speed through the menus or else i will have to go through this process again. The firmware on the controller is up to date, I have power cycled everything, new batteries, etc.

:)

Manic Guerrilla, Oct 27, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Manic,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue with controller disconnecting. You can try the

troubleshooting for controller
    . Also if your console is not plugged directly into a wall outlet please try that. As this has been known to cause issues with controllers if in a surge protector or ext. cord.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Manic Guerrilla Win User

It is connected directly to a wall outlet. I will try troubleshooting again. Thanks
  4. MissDeusGeek Win User

Xbox controller turns off

My Xbox controller generally turns off after I go idle for a few minutes but it doesnt do so when plugged in. So that is peculiar.

Try the suggestions here and see if that helps?

https://www.****/knowledge/fix-xbox-one-controller-keeps-disconnecting/
  5. cRz EmraldDrift Win User

Xbox controller turns off

My Xbox controller generally turns off after I go idle for a few minutes but it doesnt do so when plugged in. So that is peculiar.

Try the suggestions here and see if that helps?

https://www.****/knowledge/fix-xbox-one-controller-keeps-disconnecting/
    Cant access the link
  6. KSAnnihilation Win User

Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

My problem is similar to brydog23

my controller works fine until it disconnects, be it i disconnected it or it stayed idle for 15 minutes, after that i hold the xbox button and the controller shows its connected, however no buttons work, not even if another controller was connected, the
    Kinect works fine however to reconnect the controller i have to power-cycle the console every-time.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller disconnects often when idle - Similar Threads - controller disconnects often

2. Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting: I have an Xbox one purchased in the UK OS Version: 10.0.18363.7196 I have 2 xbox one wireless controllers. Both experience the problem I am about to describe. This problem occurs across all...
  3. Controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects: Sometimes my Xbox One Elite Controller(v1)randomly disconnects. But it only disconnects while playing games(rainbow, cod etc). When i watch YT or hear Music on spotify on my Console, it isnt...
  4. Elite controller series 2 disconnects

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite controller series 2 disconnects: I just received my new Elite Series 2 controller. I am using it on my PC with windows 10 via Bluetooth. The first issue is that it disconnects randomly during the gaming. This seems not to be a...
  5. [xCloud] banned in Halo 5 because of a controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    [xCloud] banned in Halo 5 because of a controller disconnect: Was put in timeout after 2 hours of pretty good quality streaming because the app suddenly disconnected. After reconnecting, the game said the controller was disconnected (even though it had to be...
  6. Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I'm using a Series 2 elite with the latest firmware update connected to a OnePlus 7t on the latest update for it as well. The first time I connected I did not have this issue, but every time after...
  7. Xbox elite series 2 disconnect from my xbox one x all the time, 1 day old controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 disconnect from my xbox one x all the time, 1 day old controller: Should i return the controller due to it not working? is there a fix. Yes i update my controller. 53091824-a591-4d01-abda-996f883c8ed1
  8. Controller disconnects often

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects often: I am continuously having issues with keeping the XBOX ONE controller connected to the XBOX. I have done EVERYTHING (including the brilliant idea of disconnecting my router...there goes any hope...
  9. Wireless Controllers range decreased drastically, often disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controllers range decreased drastically, often disconnecting: I've had 2 controllers with the xbox since October, since having it one controller has always been a bit iffy with the connection, so I just used the plug and play lead with that one, now both...
  10. Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall: I've had disconnection issues since launch as well with the play & charge battery. I've never had a single disconnection with energizer batteries though. I'm waiting for my replacement battery...