Xbox one controller does not respond midgame

Discus and support Xbox one controller does not respond midgame in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, suddenly my Xbox one controllers did not connect to the console. The connection button on the console did nothing. Only made a clicking sound.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bochel84, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Bochel84
    Bochel84 Guest

Hello,

suddenly my Xbox one controllers did not connect to the console. The connection button on the console did nothing. Only made a clicking sound. I used the usb connection to play and it worked. The next day the usb connection did not work either. So I unplugged
    the console and left it for a day. When I powered it on again, the controller connected again though the button on the console still did not work. I started playing, but midgame it stopped responding. The power button was on, my player was moving to one direction
    but I could not control anything. Power off was the only way to go. This happend a couple of times. I searched the internet and found someone telling to press the xbox button on the controller and push up then right on the d-pad. Then power the console off.
    This seemed to work, untill this evening.

I wanted to play Horizon 4, so I set up the playseat with the Thrustmaster TMX wheel. Starting up horizon 4 it says that it has to restart because there was a change in profile or something. Then it would sign me off and I had to start again. This kept happening
    untill I gave up. Instead of racing I started up PES2020 with the normal controller. And guess what; the not responding midgame issue was back again. I wanted to try a factory reset, but when going through the main setup menus (after resetting) the controller
    stops responding as well. So i cannot set up my xbox.

This is a long story, but I am really done with this now.

- connect button console stopped working.

- controller stops responding midgame

- Usb connection does not work either

- controllers are fine

- when connected with the wheel setup, it keeps signing out.

- cannot install xbox atm because of this problem

- xbox one / 4-5 years old

should I throw the xbox out of the window or is their a fix?

martin

:)

Bochel84, Oct 26, 2019
  2. luisfermaster17 Win User

hello I put in touch because my xbox one sport red control that I bought about 12 years ago does not work the button (RB) at first it felt weird and makes fake
  3. Bochel84 Win User

My other controller has the same exact problems. My steering wheel isn’t recognized eather. And there hasn’t changed anything in my setup the last couple of years, so there couldn’t be an interference suddenly. Tomorrow I am buying the One X and hoping
    that this solves the problem...
  4. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Before you throw away the XBOX... you could use another controller without any problems. Do you have anything in the way that might interfere with the connection of console and controller, e.g. other Wirless Equipment?
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Bochel84

This might be due to interference

I had a massive issue with controllers disconnecting so I changed my routers WiFi channels. I also noticed that other bluetooth devices like cell phones makes these disconnections worse. So now my cellphone is far from my controller

These simple fixes improved the disconnections. I do sometimes still get them by way less than before. When my controller stops responding, I just press and hold the Xbox logo until it switches off. After the 3rd of 4th time it stops disconnecting

Another thing that solved it quickly was to just re-sync the controller.

Another thing to check is old rechargeable batteries. Once they come close to end of life, the simply don't store enough energy. Even after a long charge

I had to replace some of my rechargeables
  6. Bochel84 Win User

It seems there is no fix to this. Was hoping to hear from the microsoft team..

So I am going to throw the xbox away. I already broke a controller in a rage when the problem was back again.

xbox one x it will be. Hoping problems stay away....
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller does not respond midgame - Similar Threads - controller does respond

2. Xbox Wireless Controller does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller does not work: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Wireless Controller for PC. I want to connect it with the wireless receiver, but it does not work. Usually, the Xbox Logo at the controller should start...
  3. xbox one controller - A-button does not work correctly

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller - A-button does not work correctly: Hi, I have a Problem with my new xbox one Controller. The a-button does not work consistently. When I push it in a certain angle with my base of the thumb, there is no input. So gaming is based...
  4. xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller - keeps breaking & headset does not work: Dear Microsoft & Users. I am quite disappointed with the xbox one original controllers. The two controllers worked perhaps 2 weeks from when i purchased my xbox one, then the headset stopped...
  5. Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Elite 2 Controller really only have 90-day warranty?: I bought the very expensive Elite 2 Xbox controller. I was reading the warranty manual and it says that Xbox accessories only have a 90-day warranty. Does that include the Elite 2 controller? I...
  6. Does anyone else wish we could make a Design Lab Elite Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone else wish we could make a Design Lab Elite Controller?: That would be pretty cool. b3b5554d-3f55-4192-8933-1499637ddeb4
  7. Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Does your controller need bluetooth to setup console streaming?: submitted by /u/MisterCreepzTTV [link] [comments]
  8. La manette ne fonctionne pas dans le jeux. [Translate] The controller does not work in the...

in XBoX on Windows
    La manette ne fonctionne pas dans le jeux. [Translate] The controller does not work in the...: Hello, I have a problem. I'm trying to play a game with my xbox 360 controller. It's a PC game: ''Renegade Ops". Just after the kinematics in the introduction to the game, he strongly suggests...
  9. How do you pair your controller? The Game Streaming app just says to "Let's pair" but does...

in XboX Insiders
    How do you pair your controller? The Game Streaming app just says to "Let's pair" but does...: [IMG] submitted by /u/10Fudges [link] [comments]
  10. problems in downloading the game - game freezes all the time, controller does not respond all ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problems in downloading the game - game freezes all the time, controller does not respond all ...: Hello, I have problems with the game watch Dogs 2 , the game freezes , the screen goes black and it takes a very long time to restart. ccb440ce-2b78-427f-ab7b-f729753efa1b