xbox one controller doesnt like holding buttons

Discus and support xbox one controller doesnt like holding buttons in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; ok i havent had my xbox one controller(the one with the same name but with bluetooth) for less then half a year now NOBODY touches this controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by steamjunk1997, Feb 12, 2019.

1. xbox one controller doesnt like holding buttons

ok i havent had my xbox one controller(the one with the same name but with bluetooth)

for less then half a year now

NOBODY touches this controller except me so i know if someone else or i broke it

but recently my controllers A button doesnt work right after not being used after a while

if you hold the A down for a few seconds it will "lapse" and release for a fraction of a second

and that can get extremely annoying for quite a few games

anything im missing?

:)

steamjunk1997, Feb 12, 2019
  2. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Steamjunk,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

It would be best to try cleaning the controller in case it is just dirty or sticky. Worst case scenario, you would need to take/send the controller in for a repair.

Also, the controllers are not covered by a 1 year warranty even when part of a bundle. The controllers have a 90 day warranty unless they are Elite controllers.

It is also best to look into the
    Microsoft Complete for Xbox One with Accidental Damage Coverage.

I hope this information helps!
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Steam Junk,

Thank you for responding. The Devices site requires you to register a console and then gives you the option to setup a replacement order for accessories within warranty. You can actually check the warranty of your controller through this

Replacement Request article
    . Hope this helps! :D
  4. usmsFBI2015 Win User

Make an appointment and take it to the store to be worked on. If it came in a bundle with a console it has a 1 year warranty.
  5. steamjunk1997 Win User

well the only way to clean a button on a controller is to take it apart and that would of course void the 90 day warranty

also if cleaning was a solution i wouldnt be able to press the button in the first place

this for repairs right?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

as far as i can see you cant register anything other then a console and a kinect
  6. chrisr1114 Win User

Xbox controller trouble

i have had a problem like this before. on the controller there is supposed to be a small button and on the xbox near the power button there is another button, (not the one to open the disc tray), but another one. press and hold both of them at the same time
    and your controller will work
Thema:

1. xbox one controller doesnt like holding buttons - Similar Threads - controller doesnt holding

2. Controller doesnt recognize mic is in unless i hold it a certain way or unplug and plug it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesnt recognize mic is in unless i hold it a certain way or unplug and plug it...: I recently bought a mic off amazon and it has worked flawlessly for about a week. All of the sudden it keeps disconnecting and i have to plug it back in and hold it in a certain way for be to use...
  3. My xbox one controller it doesnt work

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one controller it doesnt work: I have a controller xbox one that i use in my pc, I havent Xbox one only the controller. The other day I update the controller in the app Xbox accesories and after of that the controller it doesnt...
  4. My xbox controller doesnt work on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox controller doesnt work on pc: My controller doesnt work. When i play fifa 18 demo or any fifa i cant sprint my player is in the dribbling mod. I tried to configure it but it says that this button (r2) is corupted from another...
  5. controller doesnt work

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller doesnt work: My Controller always makes the picture in games high 773b6cad-d9cb-4285-a0d0-5b98bb328b17
  6. Please help me regain control of my account, Microsoft doesnt care

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me regain control of my account, Microsoft doesnt care: The account that I am currently writing this on is continually being hacked by the same person, and they keep logging back in to change the password. You might ask.. "Why not just change your...
  7. Xbox one power button doesnt work and no synced controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power button doesnt work and no synced controller: so my xbox one power button doesnt work and my controllers stopped working,bought a new pair and dont seem to be able to turn on my xbox even by plugging in thr controller directly but its not...
  8. Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller doesnt work on pc: i have a wirelles xbox 360 controller and i bought a cable to connect it on the pc but windows arent recognise it as a controller but as an unspesified unit. on the device manager windows...
  9. Why doesnt my controller connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my controller connect: So, I've been in a chat with someone, very helpful, but my controller has connected to my Xbox but now it won't turn back on, I've tried multiple USB's and new batteries in all 3 controllers but...
  10. Xbox One Controller Doesnt Detect Headset Anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Doesnt Detect Headset Anymore: I had my controller connect to my PC via Bluetooth. Under sound/playback, you would see my headset listed whenever it was plugged into the controller. I decided to update my controller via USB...