Xbox One controller doesn't work correctly on PC

Discus and support Xbox One controller doesn't work correctly on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One controller that I am trying to use with my PC. It connects fine but it doesn't work correctly in all games that clearly support the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sfitzp2, Mar 20, 2020.

1. sfitzp2
    sfitzp2 Guest

I have an Xbox One controller that I am trying to use with my PC. It connects fine but it doesn't work correctly in all games that clearly support the Xbox One controller. The most recent example is Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It was working just fine
    for a couple days but now it doesn't work at all. If I press the Xbox button the overlay is correctly displayed but that is all that works. There have been many other games in the past where it has never worked. For example, The Outer Worlds and Hellbade
    also don't work.

I have tried it connecting directly via USB and using the Xbox wireless adapter and the results are the same. Since it works fine with the overlay it seems like it should work in the games. With Steam there is Big Picture Mode that would often resolve issues
    like this but there does not appear to be any equivalent for the Xbox Game Pass app. I have searched around for answers but I didn't find anything that worked.

Any ideas?

:)

sfitzp2, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller doesn't work correctly on PC - Similar Threads - controller doesn't correctly

2. Xbox Controller doesn't work on phone after firmware update?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller doesn't work on phone after firmware update?: Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I got an adaptor to connect my controller to my USB C port on my phone for Xcloud and it worked (besides the RT trigger not registering being...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller In-game audio works but in-game chat doesn't? (Fortnite)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller In-game audio works but in-game chat doesn't? (Fortnite): So I have this issue and mainly pin pointed it to my Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller, when I join an xbox party using my headset with the controller, I can hear them and they can hear me, same...
  4. Xbox One Controller Serial # Doesn't Match Box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Serial # Doesn't Match Box: Hello, I'm looking for anyone who may have ran into a similar issue or who has guidance for how to deal with a controller purchased from Wal-Mart. We recently purchased what looked to be a new...
  5. Elite Wireless Controller 2 Charging Dock Doesn't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Wireless Controller 2 Charging Dock Doesn't Work: Hi there, I have a new Xbox One X Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 controller. After each session I sat it on its charging dock and assumed it was charging, until many hours of gameplay later...
  6. Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller doesn't connect anymore!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller doesn't connect anymore!: Hey all! So, in December 2019 I bought a new Xbox One Controller for Windows 10. With the wireless adapter and all. Set it up in the XBOX Accessoires and let it update. Now, it doesn't get...
  7. Why doesn't my controller vibrate anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller vibrate anymore?: Replaced my old controller because the vibration function stopped working. The new controller with new batteries still has no rumble feature. My accessibility settings are correct. I want to know...
  8. brand new xbox one x controller doesn't work correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox one x controller doesn't work correctly: my controller cannot power up the console and when I shut down xbox one x the controller doesn't turn off automatically when always is turned on all works as intended, the only problem is with...
  9. My Elite controller doesn't work correctly on wireless mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite controller doesn't work correctly on wireless mode: Good Afternoon to everyone, in the last months i was using my elite controller connected with my micro usb cable because i was playing near to my tv and it wasn't a problem to play connected but...
  10. Controller doesn't work correctly in Dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn't work correctly in Dashboard: The A button on the controller doesn't work in the Dashboard. Yet it works fine within the games and apps. It is the standard controller that comes with the system. The system (w/controller) is 11...