Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So today it was announced that a PC driver for the Xbox One controller is now available, however there was no mention of a mac driver. Any idea if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mayor Ford, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Mayor Ford
    Mayor Ford Guest

Hi,

So today it was announced that a PC driver for the Xbox One controller is now available, however there was no mention of a mac driver. Any idea if there is a way to connect an xbox one controller to my mac, or if a mac driver update is scheduled for the
    future?

Thanks!

:)

Mayor Ford, Jun 5, 2014
  2. Does Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows work on mac

Does Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows work on mac

Does Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows work on mac with supported drivers.

Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows = http://bit.ly/controller-

I want to purchase an Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows but I was wondering whether it would work with Mac with supported drivers

FlirtleSkurtle, Jun 5, 2014
  3. Baron Noise
    Baron Noise Guest
    Baron Noise, Jun 5, 2014
  4. Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac

Hey there Mayor Ford Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac :)

You are right, there doesn't seem to be
    any mention
    of MAC drivers for the Xbox One controller. With that being said, it likely isn't a possible conclusion until (or if) they support it in the future. The best thing for you to do is post a thread in the feedback forum section. That is the best
    place to put forward requests. You can reach that section via the below link.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_feedback/default.aspx

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 5, 2014
  5. User 9242019 Win User

New controllers on a Mac

That article from Jan 2015 is referring to the old controller, not the new one. In the first paragraph it says it won't work wirelessly, requires 3rd party drivers and basically is just appearing as a 360 controller.

The entire first page of a Google search on "Xbox One controller driver for Mac" is a riff on the article from Jan 2015. Never say never but I think at this time the answer is no.

While the new controller may pair with a Mac via Bluetooth it still would need drivers in order to work at all in the OS and with games. I doubt that drivers would be provided by Apple for an MS product.
  6. Mark Sherwood Win User

Hey there Mayor Ford :)

You are right, there doesn't seem to be
    any mention
    of MAC drivers for the Xbox One controller. With that being said, it likely isn't a possible conclusion until (or if) they support it in the future. The best thing for you to do is post a thread in the feedback forum section. That is the best
    place to put forward requests. You can reach that section via the below link.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_feedback/default.aspx

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  7. Bhutankam Pema Win User

xbox one controller can not connect to windows 8.1 x64 on my iMac with bootcamp

8. ArminatorX Win User

The Xbox One Controller needs an Firmware update it gets locked in Bluetooth mode and when you plug in a wire it won't switch over.

I use a Mac [...], but when I use a wire it won't switch back. ....
    Has this ever worked on your Mac? Are you running Mac OS or did you use Bootcamp to install Windows 10 on your Mac?

It might be, that the Xbox controller isn't properly detected by MacOS since Microsoft doesn't officially support MacOS for their controllers.

If you used third party drivers to get your controller running under MacOS via USB cord, you will have to contact the developers of that driver for additional support.

Or use Bootcamp to install Windows 10 to make the necessary updates via USB.
  9. johnodd24360 Win User

Xbox one Wireless adpater

there is a official driver for the xbox one controllers you need the xbox accessorie app and uninstall the xbox 360 controller driver

then just reconnect the xbox one wireless receiver it will reinstall the right driver automaticacly
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Driver for Mac - Similar Threads - Controller Driver Mac

2. Xbox one controller doesn't turn on after driver update error from PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller doesn't turn on after driver update error from PC: Info before I get started: I'm on windows 10 64-bit and I do NOT have an xbox one console. I tried to update the firmware on my controller through the xbox accessories app, but the process froze...
  3. Xbox one controller is not connecting and not installing the drivers even with new cabel.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller is not connecting and not installing the drivers even with new cabel.: So recently I have played with my Xbox one controller and everything was fine now for some reason my window 10 pc has no sort of connect to my controller and get this my driver for my controller...
  4. Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller AND Wireless Adapter Not Dowloading PnP Drivers: I know this issue has been brought up many times but none of the solutions have helped me so far. The issue started after a fresh Windows install. My system sees the XBOX ONE CONTROLLER simply...
  5. Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager: Recently my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my PC. I tried connecting it to all the USB ports via an USB cable, but it didn't work. I checked the device manager, the Xbox controller driver...
  6. Xbox 360 controller driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller driver: Estou tentando fazer o download do driver do controle do xbox 360 mas quando clico para baixar o driver sou direcionado a uma pagina que não é a de download. esta é a pagina de download,...
  7. Xbox controller driver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller driver: So a few days ago i decided to try and use my xbox one controller on my pc as i was originally a console player, after a few days of trying and failing seemingly easy and foolproof methods it...
  8. Xbox Wireless Controller Driver Code 39

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller Driver Code 39: I have had my Xbox One Wireless Controller for many months without issue, until recently it stopped working with my PC games. In Device Manager, there is an error on the Xbox One Wireless...
  9. XBox One Wireless Controller Adapter Driver for Windows 7

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One Wireless Controller Adapter Driver for Windows 7: Is there a Driver for the Controller for Windows 7? Wireless Adapter Model is 1790, Controller Model is 1708. f38f0cc1-56cc-4cc5-ac5d-1ff4026bdb36
  10. Xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers for pc and xbox one controller drivers for pc windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless adapter drivers for pc and xbox one controller drivers for pc windows 10: I want to use my Xbox 360 wireless adapter on my gaming pc windows 10 it has picked it up in the device manager but cannot find the drivers ive done the windows update still no luck is ther...