Xbox one controller home button not working.

Discus and support Xbox one controller home button not working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My home button on old xbox control is not working. Control will not turn on and if I plug USB cable into it, it works perfectly but home button still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Equalizer V2, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Equalizer V2
    Equalizer V2 Guest

My home button on old xbox control is not working. Control will not turn on and if I plug USB cable into it, it works perfectly but home button still not working. I have made sure the control is up to date. I need to mention that this control was originally connected to an old xbox. I'm trying to pair to the current xbox one x but I can't turn it on to pair it in first place.

*update* I managed to circumvent the situation and have now paired the controller to xbox one x but I'm still unable to use home button without using app on my phone.

:)

Equalizer V2, Nov 17, 2021
  2. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

OK strange new development/observation

it appears if i plug the controller into the xbox via usb, than still the home button doesn't work, HOWEVER if i remove the batteries making the controller dependent on the xbox for power then the HOME BUTTON WORKS IMMEDIATELY! while plugged into the xbox
    with a working home button if i put the batteries back into the controller, without hitting anything, the home button stops working again.

and remember the controller will turn the xbox on via home button even while not connected by USB...

what in the world is up with this controller?!
  3. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one controller home button not working

Adding to what NewBlacksmurf said, have you made sure that your console and controllers are up to date?
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi OLambert1,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread, if you're experiencing a similar issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that the troubleshooting
    steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. T00G3Y Win User

have you checked the battery area to see if anything is loose? also try a micro USB cable from your console to the controller to make sure its not the power that's an issue.
  6. killerkaesar Win User

Could you plug the Xbox with a compatible wire controller to troubleshoot the control?
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller home button not working. - Similar Threads - controller home button

2. Nothing on Xbox series x controller works but home button and triggers, anyone know how to fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing on Xbox series x controller works but home button and triggers, anyone know how to fix?: Nothing on Xbox series x controller works but home button and triggers, anyone know how to fix? Or what the issue is? e5bf8b2b-5ded-4f31-bbe4-9297b8933ac6
  3. Controller not vibrating/weak vibration when holding home button (Series X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating/weak vibration when holding home button (Series X): Suddenly my controller stopped vibrating (or is VERY weak, it's inconsistent) for any event that involves holding the home button (accepting invites, turning in rewards, bringing up reset menu...
  4. Home Button on Xbox Controller Not Working Consistently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Button on Xbox Controller Not Working Consistently: Hi, I’m on the Xbox series X and I just connected my new controller for the first time today, so it’s all updated and everything. The only problem is the home button is not responsive more than...
  5. Xbox controller home button not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller home button not working!: I have tried a hard reset but my Xbox controllers home button never works unless I push it really hard.Can any one give me tips on how to make it work properly again without dismantling the...
  6. My Xbox controller flashes using the home button, yet when I use sync it turns off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox controller flashes using the home button, yet when I use sync it turns off: Just today I hooked up my controller to my Phone, but when I disconnected it from bluetooth and tried to sync it to my xbox, the controller just turned off. My controller is broken when it comes...
  7. My home screen won't work and my home button on my controller just leads me to a error

in XBoX on Consoles
    My home screen won't work and my home button on my controller just leads me to a error: Whenever I turn on my xbox it is just a Grey screen and when I press the xbox button on my controller it says visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code 0x80070490...
  8. Blue home button on Elite Controller S2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blue home button on Elite Controller S2: Could anyone explain why the Xbox logo/home button on a elite series 2 controller would turn blue? Using it on PC Second elite s2 controller, first one never did this. [img]...
  9. Xbox Elite 2 controller suddenly has a Green color to the Xbox/home button today??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller suddenly has a Green color to the Xbox/home button today??: Title - I got home from work, turned on PC, and the white light I normally expect turned green right after controller connected. It flashed white as it connected, then solid green backlight to the...
  10. Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?: This happened 3 times on a Series X playing AC: Odyssey while listening to Spotify in the background. The audio from Spotify simply stops and the Xbox button on the controller does not respond....