Xbox One Controller is not connecting to windows 10 PC via bluetooth

Discus and support Xbox One Controller is not connecting to windows 10 PC via bluetooth in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So recently I purchased an Xbox one controller (black) from Amazon for playing games on my windows 10 PC but I am unable to make them connect in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jaiman_17, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jaiman_17
    Jaiman_17 Guest

So recently I purchased an Xbox one controller (black) from Amazon for playing games on my windows 10 PC but I am
    unable to make them connect in a wireless manner . Connecting via USB is fine. So naturally I did research and found out that firmware on controller may not be updated but since i don't own an Xbox console itself I found the alternative to
    update the firmware via Xbox app accessories and it says the controller is updated and
    firmware version is 3.1.1221.0 . I am trying to connect it with my
    USB Bluetooth (v2.0) and the problem is that it keeps asking for a pin when I try them to connect . After more surfing i found out that my Bluetooth version is maybe too old and Xbox one controller requires at least BT 4.0+ to connect
    . Now I am not willing to spend more money on Xbox wireless adapter(almost as expensive as a new controller) and looking for
    a way to connect it anyways , if it is possible . If not then please confirm is something else the problem or it is really the old BT dongle.

:)

Jaiman_17, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Mister Quasar Win User

xbox one controller for pc, adapter or bluetooth?

Hey GiddyCosine4817!

As Geth mentioned, Bluetooth connection to a Windows 10 device will work just fine for Xbox One controllers, depending on the model of the controller. Certain older Xbox One controllers do not support Bluetooth connections.

If you need help determining if your controller can connect via Bluetooth, check out the info under "Option 3" in our guide for

how to connect an Xbox One wireless controller to a Windows PC
  3. greg_window10_instal Win User

Problem with my controler Xbox one Bluetooth

Hello Cerfvoyage4344,

If you haven't already done so, may I suggest following up with "Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your
    Xbox One Wireless Controller
    " . If you continue to have a problem connecting via Bluetooth, I would be curios if the controller works with your PC using the USB port, "How
    to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    " . Let us know if this helps.

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-and-troubleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Connecting TWO Xbox One S controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth

5. WPAK Win User

XBox wireless controller on Windows 10 Pro won't bluetooth

Hi there,

Yes, that update is a requirement.

Please see this link for steps and that the update is required to connect a Xbox One controller to the Windows 10 PC.

It shows how to connect by wire, wireless adapter and via bluetooth.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

If also has a link with troubleshooting steps if connection fails.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...bleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

Side note: Not all Xbox One controllers support bluetooth, the first (older) models do not, see the second link on how to determine if you have a controller that supports it or not.

Let us know the results
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller is not connecting to windows 10 PC via bluetooth - Similar Threads - Controller connecting windows

2. Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth)

in XBoX on Windows
    Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth): I've been using my Xbox One S Controller with my Windows 10 PC for about a month using bluetooth and it worked pretty good up till recently. When I turn on the controller's discovery mode, my PC...
  3. Xbox controller unable to connect to Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller unable to connect to Windows 10: Xbox one wireless I can connect it with bluetooth, but with USB I have a problem - USB device cannot be recognized. I have installed Xbox Accesories. It doesnt see my controller. I've tried to...
  4. Xbox one wireless controller unable to connect to Windows 10 properly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one wireless controller unable to connect to Windows 10 properly: My controller - Xbox one wireless When I connect to my PC running Windows 10 1. using a USB cable, I get the error - USB device not recognized. (The last USB device you connected to this...
  5. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10: Hello. I need some help on this issue. I have been trying to connect my controller to my Inspiron ONE2330 (which is a Windows 10 Home desktop, 64-bit, powered by DELL) and is not working. I have...
  6. Connecting TWO Xbox One S controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting TWO Xbox One S controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth: Was hoping someone could tell me if there is still a problem with connecting more than one Xbox One S controller via Bluetooth is a Windows 10 pc? The only article I could find was at ShackNews...
  7. What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?: Hi, I have a xbox elite controller, and I try to buy a wireless adapter to connect my controller to pc. But I was told that the regular wireless adapter (image below) cannot be used for elite...
  8. Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop: I want to connect my old Xbox 360 controller to my laptop. The controller itself is wireless. I know I can purchase the wireless receiver but I want to know if I could use a controller charging...
  9. Connecting 2 xbox one controllers to my Windows 10 PC for movie watching with headphones

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting 2 xbox one controllers to my Windows 10 PC for movie watching with headphones: Recently I bought a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows so I could wirelessly connect my Xbox One controllers to my Windows 10 PC. The reason I wanted to do this was so that my wife and I...
  10. XBox one controller won't connect to Windows 10 pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox one controller won't connect to Windows 10 pc.: I have a xbox one wireless controller I use as a mouse on the pc. I have Cerebral Palsy and find the xbox one controller easy to use for me. I have used a wired one and it worked well but wanted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller windows 10 not connecting

2. xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth