Xbox One Controller issue AND Microsoft support issue

Discus and support Xbox One Controller issue AND Microsoft support issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got two wireless controllers: one has left bumper issues, the other doesn't seem to work at all anymore. I've been trying to utilize the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jdubzz6, Aug 1, 2019.

1. jdubzz6
    jdubzz6 Guest

I've got two wireless controllers: one has left bumper issues, the other doesn't seem to work at all anymore. I've been trying to utilize the troubleshooting page on both the xXbox and Microsoft landing pages, and both lead to dead ends. On Xbox.com when
    I input my controller serial number I get the infinite spinning load wheel. On Mmicrosoft.com I get directed to "contact Microsoft support" which lead me here. Not sure how to proceed, and wish there was a phone number or email I could more directly use.

Frustrated and just want my controllers fixed. Any suggestions or advice about how to get in touch with Microsoft would be great.

Thanks,

Jen

:)

jdubzz6, Aug 1, 2019
  2. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

issues with controller and support

Croquet,

Sorry for your issues :( Since Windows 7 is older, it takes a little more to get the Xbox One controller connected. Follow these steps and let us know if you still need help after trying this:

When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows is not set to automatically download device software, you
    can check for updates through Device Manager.

Update drivers through Device Manager

Here’s how to check for updates manually in the Device Manager:

1. Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select
      Search.
    2. Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select
      Device Manager

Note Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
    3. Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
    4. Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select
      Update Driver Software.
    5. Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.

With Xbox Wireless or USB connections, you can connect 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time. You won’t get audio through the controller so there’s no need to connect a headset. Bluetooth connections
    are not supported.

Notes

• If the controller doesn't respond, try a different micro-USB cable.
    • To use your Xbox Wireless Controller with your console after using it with a PC, you must re-sync the controller to the console. You can do this by using the wireless sync button or a USB cable. For details, see

Connect a wireless Xbox One controller to your console
    • This information applies only to Xbox One Wireless Controllers. For help with other gamepads or joysticks or for information on configuring a specific game so that you can play it with a controller, refer to the manufacturer’s website.

Let me know if this solves your problem!
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Contact xbox support through chat or by requesting a call back:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select your method
  4. WPAK Win User

Rechargable Battery Issue

Hi there,

since your just got the Xbox one X I advise you to contact Xbox Support regarding the controller issue to see what they advise, since it could be a hardware issue with the controller, since the other controller is charging the battery pack without problems.

I assume you are using an official Xbox battery pack and cables etc.

To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Microsoft Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. XBF George L Win User

Free engraving on Xbox one controllers

Hello Kelly!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention here on the forums. Regarding this issue I recommend you contact

Contact Microsoft Store Support
    they should be able to provide you with any available options or information regarding this purchase.

Hope this helps
  6. GreyPigeon051 Win User

Small Controller Issue

I actually forgot I wrote this for a while.

Anyways, the controller is an official Microsoft one, Xbox 360 for PC and Xbox 360.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller issue AND Microsoft support issue - Similar Threads - Controller issue Microsoft

2. My wired controller issue is not found on Microsoft support

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired controller issue is not found on Microsoft support: I have a xbox one wired controller for my xbox one. The wire is unremovable from the controller and connects via usb port in the xbox one. The controller has worked beforehand but will not connect...
  3. Issue with Microsoft Store not exchanging my broken controller.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft Store not exchanging my broken controller.: So I recently went into the Microsoft Store with an Elite controller purchased there due to stick drift occuring on my left analog stick. The person helping me had me plug my controller in and...
  4. Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnect Issue with Xbox One X & Wireless/Bluetooth Microsoft Controller: I have tried all of the troubleshooting techniques, but I am still having issues connecting to my Xbox One X with my bluetooth, Microsoft certified wireless Xbox One controllers. All of them are...
  5. Microsoft XBOX 360 Controller for Windows issue with Mortal Kombat X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft XBOX 360 Controller for Windows issue with Mortal Kombat X: I've bought Microsoft for Windows Controller and it's not working in Mortal Kombat X (steam version). Game does not recognize it, xbox button only makes screen a little bit lighter ( looks like...
  6. Xbox One Elite controller is not worth the money and my issue's with Microsoft's ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite controller is not worth the money and my issue's with Microsoft's ...: Note: I am posting this because tech support has not helped me. I want answers about why both the quality and warranty are so utterly lacking on Microsoft's most expensive "Accessory" yet. Please...
  7. Xbox One controller issues and Microsoft's negligence

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller issues and Microsoft's negligence: After many months of excitedly waiting, Last September I got my pre-ordered Forza edition Xbox One. I've played many games from racing to sports to FPS and have enjoyed all of it thoroughly....
  8. Controller issues of disconnect/lag because it seems as though microsoft doesn't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller issues of disconnect/lag because it seems as though microsoft doesn't ...: So I have been reading a lot of different forums today and even talked to microsoft "help" to find out this issue but again I haven't seen any resolutions to it so im writing this forum to bring...
  9. CONTROLLER ISSUES - NO HELP FROM MICROSOFT

in XBoX on Consoles
    CONTROLLER ISSUES - NO HELP FROM MICROSOFT: I have been having problems with my Xbox One controller since mid-July of 2015. The left joystick sticks and forces characters to move forward when playing. I managed to get a hold of Microsoft...
  10. Xbox Controller issue with games and Microsoft apps (ie ,dashboard interactions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller issue with games and Microsoft apps (ie ,dashboard interactions): I am a Preview member. Since the last two Preview updates I have noticed that my controller commands (Pushing A button) on the dashboard won't respond. Example if i want to open up IE app the...