Xbox One Controller left thumbstick stuck

Discus and support Xbox One Controller left thumbstick stuck in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I see from reading various posts/articles on the internet that this issue still exists, question is what are Microsoft doing about it. I'm now on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MadGamer1988, Oct 8, 2019.

1. MadGamer1988
    MadGamer1988 Guest

So I see from reading various posts/articles on the internet that this issue still exists, question is what are Microsoft doing about it. I'm now on my second controller which is 3 months old, and is suffering with a stuck left thumb stick. I put it
    down to one of the sensors needing to be replaced, but question is, do I replace this myself or go through the pain of sending it off for repair?

:)

MadGamer1988, Oct 8, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi MadGamer1988,

As the question has been answered, we will be locking this thread. If you have any other questions about a different topic, feel free to come back and create a new thread and we will be more than happy to answer.

Thank you for understanding, have a great day!
  3. MadGamer1988 Win User

Hello MadGamer,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. As stated, you should consider sending it in for repair. Talk about self repair is not allowed as per the

Xbox Forum Guidelines

Use this link for assistance with sending in your controller : Replace your controller
    Ah my apologies ref: self repair. I'll get it repaired by official channels (Xbox Support)
  4. AridLizard Win User

if its under warranty then get it repaired/replaced.

if not you might be able to find a local store that offers a repair service.

hope this helps
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello MadGamer,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. As stated, you should consider sending it in for repair. Talk about self repair is not allowed as per the

Xbox Forum Guidelines

Use this link for assistance with sending in your controller : Replace your controller
  6. fooburger Win User

Controller left stick broken

yes, left thumbstick break, drift.... is a very well known problem. Google it and you'll find 100's of post on this faulty part with controllers. I own 2 white lunar and 1 black one, all have left drift. I also have a 4th controller that will not turn on.

The controllers thumbsticks are junk in my opinion.

Found your post googling how to solder, trade in.....what to do after my 3rd controller left thumbstick started sticking last night.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller left thumbstick stuck - Similar Threads - Controller left thumbstick

2. My controller's left thumbstick is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller's left thumbstick is broken: So, my controller's left thumbstick is broken. I put my left thumbstick forward, the character doesn't go forward. Say, I'm playing Fortnite. I move my thumbstick forward. The character goes slow....
  3. Xbox One Elite Controller left thumbstick is drifting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller left thumbstick is drifting.: As the title indicates, my left thumbstick is drifting. I have tried to obtain a replacement through the service center but I beleive there is no offer available? I got the controller as a gift...
  4. Gears of War Elite Controller Left thumbstick loose?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gears of War Elite Controller Left thumbstick loose?: Hi All, I have had 4 Gears of War Elite controllers, and all of which have had something different wrong with them. The first had a left stick which would not centre and thumbsticks which seemed...
  5. Xbox One Controller Left Thumbstick Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Left Thumbstick Issues: Hello! I have bought xbox one s 1 week ago and now I have a problem with left thumpstick. When I move it to the right it makes sound like crunch. So I would want to repair it with guarantee. But...
  6. Xbox One controller left thumbstick issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller left thumbstick issues: About half a year ago I got the 2015 Xbox One controller (the one with the headphone jack), and for a couple months out was working great; however, the left thumbstick began to stop recognizing...
  7. Elite controller Left and right thumbstick sensitivity.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller Left and right thumbstick sensitivity.: I have question thumbs stick sensitivity what does mean by slow start on thumb stick. 415d963d-e849-4b8a-b8a8-32308a619d43
  8. Xbox One Elite Controller left thumbstick is drifting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller left thumbstick is drifting.: Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with their new Elite controller? 8b252236-dc5b-47e5-b2dc-79ba64a98313
  9. controller broken left thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller broken left thumbstick: So I bough my xbox console last year. Lately my controller thumb stick tends to move upward on its own when i press the thumbstick down it locks inplace and i can't move the thumb stick. my left...
  10. Problem with controller left thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with controller left thumbstick: Hi, I bought camo edition of Xbox One controller and only game Im playing is FIFA 15. I played maybe 30 games and my left thumbstick stop working correctly. Is not very accurate, sometimes its...