XBOX ONE controller not connecting to XBOX ONE correctly

Discus and support XBOX ONE controller not connecting to XBOX ONE correctly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller turns itself off whenever it connects to my console. It stays on perfectly fine when connected (wired) to my laptop, but if i use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BenCarolan, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BenCarolan
    BenCarolan Guest

My controller turns itself off whenever it connects to my console. It stays on perfectly fine when connected (wired) to my laptop, but if i use the same cable on my console it doesn't work, and it is still paired to the console because it can turn it on, but when the console turns on the controller instantly goes off. Does anyone know of any solutions to this problem?

:)

BenCarolan, Jul 22, 2021
  2. BenCarolan Win User

That worked! I thought I had tried that a couple times but clearly not, thank you very much for the help :)
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good night

came to test with another control?

try restoring your xbox, it's likely to be the console and it doesn't control the problem.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Try to hold the power button on both the console and the controller for approximately 6 seconds and wait for 30 seconds at least for them to power cycle!
  5. ALBERTOBRUSA Win User

Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app

How is it connected to the computer? Does the second controller work but just not show up?
    I connect controllers to xbox in wireless

Controllers works both but like one ( for understand: if i play with 2 player i have that 2 controllers move the same character and windows only see 1 controller) all controller work correctly but like one
  6. Ice DjKilla Win User

Chatpad Orange Button Blinking after Update

Hello yammerbox.

See the quote below:

Connecting the Xbox One Chatpad for the first time

You must update both your Xbox One console and your Xbox One Controller for the Xbox One Chatpad to work correctly. Follow these steps:

Update your console to the most recent Xbox One operating system. The chatpad requires your console to have a November 2015 (or later) update. For more information, see Xbox One operating system versions and system updates.

Turn on your Xbox One Controller.

Insert the chatpad into the controller.

Update your Xbox One Controller. The orange LED will blink to indicate that it's connected and requires an update. See Update your Xbox One Controller for more information.

Connect a 3.5-mm audio headset cable to the chatpad. For more information, see Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One.

Here is the link to the above information:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-chatpad-info

The orange blinking light means it needs an update, it says "You must update both your Xbox One console and your Xbox One Controller for the Xbox One Chatpad to work correctly."

Since your using it with your PC, attach a micro usb cable, run a update scan for Windows & Microsoft updates, and make sure all drivers are installed.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE controller not connecting to XBOX ONE correctly - Similar Threads - controller connecting correctly

2. Can't Factory Reset Xbox One. Factory Reset Screen Turns Off Before Controller Connects.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Factory Reset Xbox One. Factory Reset Screen Turns Off Before Controller Connects.: So I got the black screen from the update about 10 days ago or so and I'm trying to factory reset my Xbox One. However when I bring up the factory reset screen, it turns off before my controller...
  3. Controller Won't Connect After Network Switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Won't Connect After Network Switch: Hello, I recently moved my Xbox One into a different room of the house and set it up--everything worked fine (The controllers connected and turned on the device). The next day, we got a new...
  4. XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One recent update no wireless controllers stay connected, even tried new XBOX Series X...: In the last month a recent update has made all my controllers unusable, the only way they stay connected is via USB lead and when pairing wirelessly they work for a small few clicks and then stop....
  5. Xbox One S controller wont stay connected!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S controller wont stay connected!: I have been using my xbox one s for a few years and this is the first time I have ever stumbled across an annoying issue involving my controller. This has happened for 2 days now and 4 days ago...
  6. Xbox controller doesn't work properly when connected to phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox controller doesn't work properly when connected to phone: Ok so I just picked up a micro USB to USB C cable to connect my controller to my phone. The controller is an orphan Xbox one non-bluetooth and my phone is an S20+. I got it to be able to play...
  7. Can I connect an xbox one controller to my android smartphone using a micro usb to usb c cable

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can I connect an xbox one controller to my android smartphone using a micro usb to usb c cable: Is it possible to use a micro usb to usb c adapter cord to connect an xbox one controller to my samsung galaxy a20? e8934d5e-714b-45df-bc65-70a1b818479d
  8. Xbox Series X controller not connecting correctly to PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller not connecting correctly to PC via Bluetooth: I recently went to purchase one of the new series controllers to replace my old xb1 s controller, and i am trying to play multiple games, and the connection is, well, just weird, kinda hard to...
  9. Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.: My Wireless Xbox Controller is currently unable to pair correctly to my win10 device through Bluetooth. When I try to connect my controller, it shows as paired in the Bluetooth menu but the...
  10. Cannot connect xbox 360 wireless controller on windows 10. My receiverintalled correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect xbox 360 wireless controller on windows 10. My receiverintalled correctly: I have a XBOX 360 but I wanted use my controller on Windows 10 for games. My controller is wireless and I have the receiver fulfilled installed but my controller cannot conect to the receiver/pc,...