Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on

Discus and support Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is a bit of a weird issue that I have been experiencing for a couple days now, the two xbox one controllers I have are in good condition and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hammersaber, May 16, 2019.

1. hammersaber
    hammersaber Guest

So this is a bit of a weird issue that I have been experiencing for a couple days now, the two xbox one controllers I have are in good condition and for a long while had no problems well now they connect fine to the xbox one from what it seems but after
    playing for a short time the controller does not respond to any inputs but it still "connected" so to say. I did some research and found that power cycling did help but after it would continue to do this after about 10 minutes the problem would persist. I
    have a feeling it has something to do with the xbox one itself as both controllers would experience the same issue even though one would be off and i would switch to the other. I feel like I shouldnt have to power cycle my xbox every 10-20 minutes to fix an
    issue that keeps happening. So i need some solution to this and hopefully find a way to fix this once and for all.

:)

hammersaber, May 16, 2019
  2. Greg765718 Win User

I would recommend plugging in your controllers, going to system, Kinect and devices, devices and accessories, then checking if your controllers are updated.
  3. hammersaber Win User

I thought there was something wrong with my controllers as well but I don't think that is the case, when it happened to the first controller I was using I then thought to just switch over to my other one but I then noticed it was having the same issue
    as the one before. It would connect but no inputs were going through. I then turned both on and see if anything would happen and odd enough both experienced the same issue at the same exact time. I knew it went wrong because the light on the home button goes
    a bit brighter when the inputs stop going through.
  4. Mimori 775 Win User

There are a few other things you could try:

• How far away are you from your console? You can try to move closer to your console and try to eliminate as many obstructions (other computers, shelves, take it out of an entertainment center, etc) between the controller and console.
    • Do you have any accessories attached? If so, remove these and test your results.
    • Do you have a micro-USB? If so, connect it to your console and controller and see if you still are receiving disruptions when trying to play.
    • Do you have other blue-tooth enabled devices turned on? Try turning these off one by one. I know it seems silly, but sometimes other devices can actually be running on the same frequency and cause periodic disruptions in signal.
    If all else fails, you can can always send your device in to get repaired
  5. hammersaber Win User

I just checked today with the controller updates and both controllers i have are up to date. I wish this was the case but I made sure to check that and even made sure to check but unfortunately I do not know where else to look but here.
  6. hammersaber Win User

Unfortunately this is not the case, I do not tamper with the mapping settings and both controllers are up to date with their firmware. I do not know the cause of this as the controller at one point just stops taking in inputs and turning the controller
    off and on do not do anything. I have to reset my xbox for it to work and i feel i shouldnt have to be doing that for it to work.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller not responding while connected and on - Similar Threads - controller responding while

2. Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue: Hello. On my xbox one x it have happened 3 times now that i can play just fine, but when i push xbox buttom on the controller to close the game or access the menu, when i push LB or RB to scroll...
  3. Dashboard not responding to controller inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Dashboard not responding to controller inputs: Again, a full shut-down / restart fixes it. But it's a new issue for me, and I'm seeing a lot more issues of late. Mostly minor but they're adding up. Turned Xbox on using controller, the profile...
  4. Controller wont respond

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont respond: My xbox one controller appears to freeze up. The light stays on but nothing happens. If I reset the xbox it will work again for anywhere to all day or 5 minutes. What causes this and how do I fix...
  5. Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.: Okay, so I have a new Xbox One Wireless Controller. Every time I get on my Xbox One now, it will be paired and fine. Then I get to playing a game. A few minutes in, my controller stops working....
  6. Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?: is anyone else having issues with their console not responding to their controllers? normally i would use the controllers to turn on the xbox but the controller will turn on with a solid white...
  7. Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.: Just as the title says. This problem has been happening for months now. If I have my controller connected to my PC regardless of if I'm actually using it or not, the controller will become...
  8. Controller Reagiert nicht bei Apps *Mod Translation: Controller doesn't Respond to Apps*

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Reagiert nicht bei Apps *Mod Translation: Controller doesn't Respond to Apps*: Hallo, Ich habe heute einen Panasonic Fernseher an meine Xbox360 angeschlossen. Nun habe ich das Problem das der Controller bei zum Beispiel Netflix sehr spät oder gar nicht reagiert. In...
  9. Gamepad Controller (wired) won't respond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepad Controller (wired) won't respond: I have a wired GamePad controller I have plugged into the pc for the first and received a message (in Win 10) that the device is ready (with LED on) but does not respond (in Xbox WarGames). Is...
  10. Wired Xbox One controller stops responding after while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller stops responding after while: As the title says, the wired Xbox One controller I own stops responding randomly(or with a pattern. I haven't detected any tho). It is used through the windows store Xbox accessories app. The...