Xbox one controller not responding

Discus and support Xbox one controller not responding in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Within the last few days my controller has started to become unresponsive randomly while playing games. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by stephenokelley, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Xbox one controller not responding

Within the last few days my controller has started to become unresponsive randomly while playing games. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is unplugging the xbox and then trying again. I have already done a soft reset as suggested in another forum
    and the problem still persisted almost immediately after starting to play a game. I've also tried using different controllers and it does the exact same thing. Would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

:)

stephenokelley, Apr 26, 2020
  2. onyxishere Win User

Try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down to see if that helps.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

4. stephenokelley Win User

Tried using USB method and still nothing. From what I read the firmware is specific to the model of controller you have. Mine is the 1697 model so that firmware version is the one most suited to my controller.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Does it happen if you connect the controller to the console with a plug/play uSB charge cable or only when wireless?

When you updated the controller firmware did you use the USB method or wireless?

What version of controller update is reported when in the accessories section of Settings?
  6. stephenokelley Win User

It happens on all games as well as apps. Its not so much that the buttons aren't configured correctly. The controller just becomes completely unresponsive as if it were off even though the light is still on. The time for it to happens varies as well. Sometimes
    I can play games for a few hours with no issues and other times it does it minutes after I turn my xbox off and back on. I know its not my controller also because it does it with any controller I try to use and not just one specific one.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller not responding - Similar Threads - controller responding

2. Controller on but not responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller on but not responding: Similar issue to all the other complaints. Can sometimes play for an hour and then controller will become unresponsive. Sometimes less than a minute or not even in a game yet. Controller light...
  3. My controller isn't responding still

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't responding still: So I was trying the hold power button for 10 seconds and it didnt help, I updated my controller it helped but only for an hour, what should I do 1b67908f-837c-4440-80b3-e4ca68a38d80
  4. Xbox controller not responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not responding: So this has been happening for a year now, and idk why. My controller and headset (both wireless) stop responding to my console, like it's working for an undetermined amount of time then just...
  5. Xbox controller not responding.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not responding.: This question is in quite a few places on the forums, and in various other locations around the internet, but I have not found a satisfactory solution, or even a likely cause of this issue. I have...
  6. Control de Xbox one no responde -[Translation - Xbox one controller not responding]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Control de Xbox one no responde -[Translation - Xbox one controller not responding]: Hola, cuando prendo la consola no me deja seleccionar nada me aperce como la animacion de que lo seleccione pero no entra,no se si es el control o la consola por favor ayudenme -[Translation -...
  7. xbox one controller does not respond in games

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller does not respond in games: I cant get my controller to respond in game if paired wirelessly. Only the Xbox game bar can be activated . every button is working according to the xbox companion app. if i paired it via cable it...
  8. Console does not respond to controller inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Console does not respond to controller inputs: Hi, I have my console setup for console streaming, and my controller paired (Bluetooth), everything loads fine, I can connect and see my Xbox home on my Android device. However when I attempt to...
  9. My xbox one controller and console will not respond to eachother

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox one controller and console will not respond to eachother: So my xbox controller is connected to my xbox. However whenever I turn it on, I only have 30 seconds of use before all the buttons become unresponsive. I've used multiple controllers to see if it...
  10. Xbox one controller LB bumper not responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller LB bumper not responding: Hello, My LB bumper stopped responding. The first thing i did was blowing in it and it actually worked for a day or two. After that it completely stopped working. A friend of mine gave me a...