Xbox One Controller not visible on PC

Discus and support Xbox One Controller not visible on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have been facing a problem with my wireless xbox controller on pc, that since i updated my controller on xbox, i can't connect to my pc on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ALL3Z, May 29, 2022.

1. ALL3Z
    ALL3Z Guest

Hi,

I have been facing a problem with my wireless xbox controller on pc, that since i updated my controller on xbox, i can't connect to my pc on bluetooth. It worked before the update with no issue, but now it isn't visible via bluetooth and neither with usb cable. I have tried every possible way. Deleted the controller from bluetooth devices, replugged the bluetooth adapter, or delete the driver files. Which i couldn't do.

As far as i know, there should be an option "Xbox controllers" in device manager, so i could delete the driver of the controller, and reinstall. But somehow there isn't any. At the USB controllers page there's a few named "USB Controller device". But for the controller there is none. I tried to find it with command prompt, typing "driverquery", but i couldn't find there either. Is there a module name for the driver? Because it would probably be easier to find a driver between 1000 other ones.

I tried Xbox Accesories software, but the controller was invisible for that too. Of course with usb cable. I have ran out of options and solutions, nothing helps. The frustrating thing is that there are no drivers in device manager called "xbox one controller" which i could delete, so i cannot do anything, it just doesn't work.

I think it might be the update, because i have checked the bluetooth adapter and the controller as well, both are working.

My pc cannot detect neither via bluetoot neither with usb cable. What can cause this?

What is the issue? The update from the xbox? Then how to solve this?

Thank you,

Felix

:)

ALL3Z, May 29, 2022
  2. ALL3Z Win User

sorrry it's in hungarian, but this is it. where can i find the controller driver? as far as i know in the external devices, but there's only USB controllers in there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

I understand. So, try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Go to Start > Search and click on Troubleshooting.

2. Click on View All > Hardware and Devices.

3. Click on Next and follow the instructions.

If the issue still persist, please let me know.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Usually Windows shows on the device manager "Xbox One Controller" or Xbox controller menu. Do you have any "Unknown device" in your device manager? Usually it shows up on USB devices if you're connecting your controller by USB cable.

If nothing is really showing, you can try to restore your system to a point where you think the controller was working. Or even before you first used the controller (and maybe Windows installed the wrong driver or so).

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close > Next > Finish.

See if you can restore your system and let me know.
  5. ALL3Z Win User

Yes I can of course but that will take ahout an hour sorry
  6. ALL3Z Win User

I now understand, so you mean i should do this on pc. I have tried that, or uninstallint the controller driver bit nothing couls help.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller not visible on PC - Similar Threads - Controller visible

2. Xbox Controller DC during Halo Infinite Gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller DC during Halo Infinite Gameplay: Hello Microsoft community, I’m quite frustrated with my gaming experience when using a Xbox 1 controller connected to my Laptop via Micro-USB -> USB. However sometime moving the controller will...
  3. My controller is double scrolling and won't move left/right

in XboX Insiders
    My controller is double scrolling and won't move left/right: Just now, I logged onto my Xbox and something wasn't right. It was skipping over keys as I typed my password, was able to type it, then get to the home page. Now, I'm about to go scroll right to...
  4. Xbox controller design

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller design: Just wanted to know, why is the X-Box controller different? I noticed that my X-Box One S has a normal D-Pad, a Mini USB port, and the lack of a share button. The new controllers have a odd D-Pad,...
  5. 2nd Xbox controller not recognised in game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd Xbox controller not recognised in game?: Hello, My partner and I would like to play couch co-op, we have 2 functioning and updated controllers that are both linked to the console and operating within the home screen. When we open a...
  6. Plastic inside controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plastic inside controller: Hi I was putting a battery pack into my controller and abit of plastic snapped and went inside my pad and it rattle will it affect my controller when playing games will I have to open it Thanks...
  7. Goodbye Xbox Wireless Controller. It breaks down all the time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Goodbye Xbox Wireless Controller. It breaks down all the time.: It is already the second in a few months that always breaks in the same spot. It never fell and I moderately press the buttons, yet the little pieces of plastic that go to press the LB and RB...
  8. Xbox 2020 Controller not visible on Bluetooth anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 2020 Controller not visible on Bluetooth anymore: I have been using my Xbox controller for a couple months on my new PC build. Over the last 10 days it would start to randomly drop out in the middle of game play however my Bluetooth mouse never...
  9. Xbox One Controller Serial number not fully visible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Serial number not fully visible: So my xbox controller is no longer useable as the d-pad is completely knackered and to my knowledge i belive it should still be in warranty however, where the serial number is located the first 4...
  10. Sent in Xbox Series S controller for service repair. Came back with visible marks on the back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent in Xbox Series S controller for service repair. Came back with visible marks on the back.: Is there anything I can do about this? I just got it back after almost 3 weeks. 76888dad-cb03-4250-9e58-f8a94df5f2eb