Xbox one controller not working after update

Discus and support Xbox one controller not working after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I haven't used my xbox one for almost four months until today. When i started it up for the first time in a while the console needed an update which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FamilyArtist64, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Xbox one controller not working after update

I haven't used my xbox one for almost four months until today.

When i started it up for the first time in a while the console needed an update which i was able to do. then once the update was finished the controller would not sync with the xbox console no matter what. then when i try to use a usb cable to connect the
    controller it will work for a minute but will automatically turn off three times, and then after the third time only the home button will work on the controller and none of the other buttons.

I've tried to update the firmware on the controller but because the controller keeps turning off it is unable to fully update.

please can anyone help. Ive looked at various methods of how to fix it on the forums and nothing is working.

ps it is a day one 2013 controller so perhaps it is old but it was working before the update as mentioned

PS i've tried taking the batteries out. basically whenever the controller turns on, with or without batteries, when its connected via usb or not it will always turn off pretty soon.

to be clearer about what i said before, when i turn the console off and back on the controller will work fine if hooked up via usb for about a minte, but it will turn off three times in that minute, and after that only the home button will work and nothing
    else.

I've tried new batteries, no batteries, various usb cables and still the controller will turn off within 30 seconds and eventually nothing but the home button works, making it essentially useless

i've seen somewhere it might be something to do with the wifi card in the console as i noticed a weird font after the update and it disconnected from the wifi

thank you

:)

FamilyArtist64, Oct 6, 2019
  2. PR3D4T0R X4 Win User

Controller no working after Update Beta ?

Your Xbox One controller isn't working anymore after the NXE update on November 12. right? Is this an 2015 controller or the old controller?
  3. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

If you have someone that you can visit to use their computer to update the controller, maybe that will help. Sometimes, due to our various electronics in our environment, some interference might happen and that could be causing your controller to shut down
    and not update properly.
  4. FamilyArtist64 Win User

thank you for your reply but it hasn't worked trying it on computer. the issue is that the control keeps turning off and the pc and xbox don't recognise it when it is plugged in
  5. Airyrose666 Win User

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/controllers/wireless-controller-solution
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox one controller not working after update - Similar Threads - controller working update

2. Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller: Hello everyone, As the title states, my xbox controller just keeps flashing and wont work no matter what i do. The Controller was plugged in Via USB, batteries were off, and connection was not...
  3. Device control stopped working after Sony Bravia 8.0 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Device control stopped working after Sony Bravia 8.0 Update: Hello All, A couple of months ago my Sony Bravia TV (KD-43XF8505) had a large software update which moved it from version 7.0 to version 8.0. (Android TV). Since this update, device control on...
  4. headset port stopped working after controller update

in XBoX Accessibility
    headset port stopped working after controller update: earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix or do i wait for other update or what? i...
  5. Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?: So for example, if I click a game, the only way to go back to the main menu is to completely restart the console manually. submitted by /u/Snowstandards [link] [comments]
  6. Controller Settings won't work since last update

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Settings won't work since last update: since the update which fixed the audio with headset comes a new bug, the settings of the controllers in the app don't work, tried with 3 different gamepads, pretty sad because i was using this app...
  7. XBox One Controller randomly stops working since update on 4/17

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller randomly stops working since update on 4/17: Hi. I have seen a lot of posts online about controllers not working, but none that seem specific to the behavior I am experiencing, which seemed to begin after an update on 4/17. About once a...
  8. Controllers stop working after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers stop working after update: After the last update my controllers don't work anymore. Tried wireless no respons Tried with cable no respons tested it with 2 different controllers Only the xbox lighting button still works....
  9. Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller no longer works (correctly) after last Windows 10 update: Hello, After attempting to play Rainbow Six Siege and DOOM on Steam, I'm seeing that my xbox one controller isn't being recognized properly since the last update. My L and R sticks work, RB and...
  10. Controller not working only home button and wont update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working only home button and wont update: Hi, i have a problem, my controller wont work it will connect wired but will not connect wirelessly. When it is connected via cable all i can do is press home button no other buttons work at all....