Xbox One Controller on PC: Pairs automatically on PC start-up even though the controller...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller on PC: Pairs automatically on PC start-up even though the controller... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a wireless xbox one controller that I'm using on my Windows 10 PC. Everything was working perfectly, then 8 hours later I'm having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nabs13, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Nabs13
    Nabs13 Guest

Xbox One Controller on PC: Pairs automatically on PC start-up even though the controller...

Hi there,

I have a wireless xbox one controller that I'm using on my Windows 10 PC. Everything was working perfectly, then 8 hours later I'm having issues I can't solve.

The controller won't connect. In the bluetooth settings, it says the controller is paired, even though it isn't connected, so I removed the device and tried manually connect my controller, but it can't be found in the search.

When I turn off my bluetooth and back on, it immediately and automatically pairs with 'Xbox Wireless Controller' but again, it's not connected. Same thing when I restart my computer - it does this even when the controller is turned off and batteries are
    out.

I tried restarting my bluetooth drivers but that didn't do anything.

Also I tried wiring my controller to the PC, and can feel the controller vibrate when it connects, but it won't even show up on the Xbox Accessories app as connected.

Not sure what to do and can't find an answer on any forums. Please assist.

Thanks

:)

Nabs13, Jan 7, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One Controller on PC: Pairs automatically on PC start-up even though the controller will not connect

Hi Nabeil,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a
    new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox One Controller on PC: Pairs automatically on PC start-up even though the controller will not connect

Hello again,

What may be done is to pair the controller with the Xbox One console, that way the PC is recognizing a new sync from the controller when you try to pair the two devices again.

Can you try this and let us know if that works?

Best wishes!
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Nabs,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the inability to use your Xbox One wireless controller even though it does pair up to your PC.

We would like to suggest the following of both our connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth
    on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    and how to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows
    PC
    for full assistance in regards to this issue.

If it comes down to the issue still existing even after attempting all steps, it would be best to test a different controller.

Try these and let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  5. Nabs13 Win User

Hi there

I tried those links before and all the steps, it still won't connect. I don't own any other controllers.

I tried connecting the xbox controller to my phone and it found and connected immediately, so the controller works fine.

Do you know how I can stop my laptop from automatically pairing with the xbox gamepad as soon as it turns on or as soon as I turn bluetooth on? I think if I can stop it from auto-connecting, I might then be able to search for the controller manually.

Thanks
  6. Nabs13 Win User

Hi there

I don't own an Xbox, I bought the controller just for the PC.

I ended up purchasing an Xbox Bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the USB - this seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks

Nabeil
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller on PC: Pairs automatically on PC start-up even though the controller... - Similar Threads - Controller Pairs automatically

2. XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WONT PAIR

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WONT PAIR: my controller wont pair unless plugged up to console and then it dose not work half way it says it needs and update so i do it and it goes to 100% and stays there forever (i have waited up to 30...
  3. Xbox One S controller will lose Bluetooth pairing as soon as it is plugged into a device...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S controller will lose Bluetooth pairing as soon as it is plugged into a device...: I know this issue has been around for a while. I saw someone post about it on here in 2016, but the thread was locked. I also got in contact with MS support but they couldn't help me. Does...
  4. Can't pair my xbox one controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't pair my xbox one controller: Hi. I just got an xbox one controller and i want to use it on my Windows 10 PC. This controller is the latest model, with the built in wireless stuff (not requiring the additional receiver). When...
  5. Xbox one S controller over Bluetooth is detected as an input device and never finish pairing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one S controller over Bluetooth is detected as an input device and never finish pairing: I haven use my control in a while, and today i tried to conecte it again on my pc but i notices that the control was no longer been recognised as a xbox one controller but as an input device, i...
  6. Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Xbox Controller not pairing or connecting correctly to win10 computer.: My Wireless Xbox Controller is currently unable to pair correctly to my win10 device through Bluetooth. When I try to connect my controller, it shows as paired in the Bluetooth menu but the...
  7. Problem keeping wireless controller paired up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem keeping wireless controller paired up: My Xbox one X is giving me fits. Seems every time I turn on the machine it won't hook up wirelessly with either of my two xbox controllers, however using the USB connection, they will work. The...
  8. Xbox One S Controller - After turning on won't reconnect to PC bluetooth (stays paired)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Controller - After turning on won't reconnect to PC bluetooth (stays paired): Hello there, I've recently bought two xbox one s controllers and I connect them to my PC through Bluetooth. But then I turn off my PC (or controller, or controller turns off automatically if I...
  9. Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 automatically installs driver and pair with an Xbox One Wireless Controller: Hi. I am having some problems with my Xbox One Wireless Controller and Windows 10 laptop connection. I hope you can help me, below are the details of the issue. 1. When I turn on bluetooth,...
  10. Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to pair Xbox 360 controller w. One Adapter: Hello! I was told I would be able to use my Xbox 360 controller with the Xbox One Adapter for Windows. Today I received it and paired my Xbox One controller successfully but the Xbox 360 won't...