Xbox One controller on Windows 10 drops out constantly

Discus and support Xbox One controller on Windows 10 drops out constantly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had an xbox one controller for a few months now, bought with the bluetooth usb dongle. Not a single "fix" suggested so far has fixed it dropping... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AdamHorton1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. AdamHorton1
    AdamHorton1 Guest

I've had an xbox one controller for a few months now, bought with the bluetooth usb dongle.

Not a single "fix" suggested so far has fixed it dropping out every 2-10 minutes.

I have disabled bluetooth in my PC and surrounding phones and devices, thinking it may be interference.

I've checked firmware and it's up to date.

I'm severely disappointed with this product.

Has anyone got any light to shed on my issue?

:)

AdamHorton1, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Do you have the updated drivers, I know you mentioned firmware but maybe check the drivers too.
  3. Spazpol Win User

I've had an xbox one controller for a few months now, bought with the bluetooth usb dongle.

Not a single "fix" suggested so far has fixed it dropping out every 2-10 minutes.

I have disabled bluetooth in my PC and surrounding phones and devices, thinking it may be interference.

I've checked firmware and it's up to date.

I'm severely disappointed with this product.

Has anyone got any light to shed on my issue?
    Try a 2nd xbox one controller and see if the same thing happens. If so it may possibly be the adapter. The next step would be to try the adapter on another PC. If it works there, then it has something to probably do with your PC.
  4. AdamHorton1 Win User

Thanks.

I will when I can get my hands on either.
  5. AdamHorton1 Win User

Yes, driver is up to date.

Xbox One Controller for WIndows 10 64bit

Version: 10.0.17763.1
  6. AdamHorton1 Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestions, but they're all pretty generic and don't solve the issue.

To be clear:

-The Xbox One controller is connected by the official Xbox usb dongle

-The driver is up to date (10.0.17763.1) and I even uninstalled it, rebooted and reinstalled to be sure.

-The firmware has been checked in "Xbox Accessories" on the PC via usb and it's up to date and working.

-I can play games for a few minutes and it works very well, but then the controller stops.

-I have changed batteries.

-I don't own an Xbox or have the device synced to anything else.

Cheers!
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller on Windows 10 drops out constantly - Similar Threads - controller Windows drops

2. Is windows 10 breaking my controller?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is windows 10 breaking my controller?: So something weird is going on with my controller. I encountered a problem with my Xbox one wireless controller. I asked this community forum and asked the retailer to replace it. They did and the...
  3. Turning off Xbox controller for Windows desktop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Turning off Xbox controller for Windows desktop?: I don't even know what to call this or refer to it as. The controller is acting as a second mouse, moving the right stick moves the cursor, left moves web pages up and down etc. How can I disable...
  4. Xbox One controller doesn't work with Windows 7 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller doesn't work with Windows 7 laptop: I have an original Xbox One controller without bluetooth and I have plugged it into my android phone and it works fine wired, but if I use the same cable, without the OTG adapter, it doesn't do...
  5. Problema con controller xbox per Windows [Problem with Xbox Controller for Windows]

in XBoX on Windows
    Problema con controller xbox per Windows [Problem with Xbox Controller for Windows]: Salve a tutti. Ho un problema con la levetta analogica sinistra. Praticamente, azionandola va a regolare il volume del sistema. Perché? Translation: [Hello everyone. I have a problem with...
  6. How to edit which Player a Xbox controller is? Windows 10 Home, wired controller,

in XBoX on Windows
    How to edit which Player a Xbox controller is? Windows 10 Home, wired controller,: I have a wired xbox controller that automatically moves from Player 1 to Player 2 mid-game. Any idea how to get the controller to be recognized as Player 1 or Controller 1 without a reboot? I am...
  7. X box controller windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    X box controller windows 10: When i try to connect my X box one Controller to my pc, there is an Connection error. (I allready did an update. abe4b1f8-42b4-409d-a044-56e0cf1ae4f2
  8. Windows 10 - Xbox One controller triggers do not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 - Xbox One controller triggers do not work: On Windows 10. I bought a Xbox One controller, but the triggers do not work. I looked on the net for answers, and tons of people have this issue. Most people say to install older Xbox One...
  9. Xbox One controller disconnects all the time windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller disconnects all the time windows 10: I have a wired xbox one controller. Bought it about a month ago. The entire time it's been sitting on the computer, never dropped or anything. It's started disconnecting constantly. I'll be...
  10. Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10: I'm using a MSI GE60 2PE laptop (GTX 860m, Intel core i7-4710HQ) running Windows 10 Pro (detail: MSI – Google Drive) Before using Xbox one controller, I used a xbox 360 wired controller, and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller drops out of bluetooth

2. xbox one controller drops out