Xbox One controller on Windows 10 drops out constantly

Discus and support Xbox One controller on Windows 10 drops out constantly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had an xbox one controller for a few months now, bought with the bluetooth usb dongle. Not a single "fix" suggested so far has fixed it dropping... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AdamHorton1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. AdamHorton1
    AdamHorton1 Guest

I've had an xbox one controller for a few months now, bought with the bluetooth usb dongle.

Not a single "fix" suggested so far has fixed it dropping out every 2-10 minutes.

I have disabled bluetooth in my PC and surrounding phones and devices, thinking it may be interference.

I've checked firmware and it's up to date.

I'm severely disappointed with this product.

Has anyone got any light to shed on my issue?

:)

AdamHorton1, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Do you have the updated drivers, I know you mentioned firmware but maybe check the drivers too.
  3. Spazpol Win User

I've had an xbox one controller for a few months now, bought with the bluetooth usb dongle.

Not a single "fix" suggested so far has fixed it dropping out every 2-10 minutes.

I have disabled bluetooth in my PC and surrounding phones and devices, thinking it may be interference.

I've checked firmware and it's up to date.

I'm severely disappointed with this product.

Has anyone got any light to shed on my issue?
    Try a 2nd xbox one controller and see if the same thing happens. If so it may possibly be the adapter. The next step would be to try the adapter on another PC. If it works there, then it has something to probably do with your PC.
  4. AdamHorton1 Win User

Thanks.

I will when I can get my hands on either.
  5. AdamHorton1 Win User

Yes, driver is up to date.

Xbox One Controller for WIndows 10 64bit

Version: 10.0.17763.1
  6. AdamHorton1 Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestions, but they're all pretty generic and don't solve the issue.

To be clear:

-The Xbox One controller is connected by the official Xbox usb dongle

-The driver is up to date (10.0.17763.1) and I even uninstalled it, rebooted and reinstalled to be sure.

-The firmware has been checked in "Xbox Accessories" on the PC via usb and it's up to date and working.

-I can play games for a few minutes and it works very well, but then the controller stops.

-I have changed batteries.

-I don't own an Xbox or have the device synced to anything else.

Cheers!
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller on Windows 10 drops out constantly - Similar Threads - controller Windows drops

2. How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?: I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that...
  3. Xbox One Controller stops working Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller stops working Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue where my Xbox One S and original xbox one controllers stop working mid-game. If I alt-tab out and into the program is starts working again but quickly stops. I have...
  4. XBOX accessories app on windows 10 bricked my controller

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX accessories app on windows 10 bricked my controller: Hi, I recently installed the XBOX accessories app on windows 10 1809. After connecting my xbox one controller via USB, the device appeared in the app. After starting a firmware update, the...
  5. How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?: I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that...
  6. Xbox One Controller on Windows 10 PC failed firmware update! The controller is now bricked!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller on Windows 10 PC failed firmware update! The controller is now bricked!!!: I don't have a console, but I need to fix my Xbox One controller. I used the Xbox Accessories app to update it, using my brand-new phone's USB cord to plug it in. I had a fully-charged...
  7. Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Issue: So today I tried to use my controller and turns out it won't sync even after holding the pairing button with the receiver. Note that it work last time and now it doesn't. I am using Windows 10 So...
  8. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  9. Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller not recognized by Windows: Hi all I am trying to do a very simple thing, or what I thought was a very simple thing: using a wirelss cotroller on my Windows 10 machine via bluetooth. First off, my PC doesn't seem to have a...
  10. Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller causes FPS drop, decrease gaming performance on Windows 10: I'm using a MSI GE60 2PE laptop (GTX 860m, Intel core i7-4710HQ) running Windows 10 Pro (detail: MSI – Google Drive) Before using Xbox one controller, I used a xbox 360 wired controller, and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller windows drops

2. bluetooth x box one controller pc dropping out

3. xbox controller drops out of bluetooth

4. xbox one controller drops out