Xbox one controller opening menu bar and closing

Discus and support Xbox one controller opening menu bar and closing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear sir I have a problem that my Xbox one controller opening menu bar and closing it and when I ever put batteries in it the menu button lights up on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MWS DARK, Jun 23, 2021.

1. MWS DARK
    MWS DARK Guest

Dear sir I have a problem that my Xbox one controller opening menu bar and closing it and when I ever put batteries in it the menu button lights up on by itself and than open the menu bar constantly

:)

MWS DARK, Jun 23, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

3. II DIDIER II Win User

Xbox Game Bar

Hi BrittonP.

The Xbox Gamer Bar works as a monitor to visualize some options within the game. this is why it closes. If you use an Xbox controller to play on the PC, with the button that has the Xbox logo (guide button) you can open the Game Bar with a single click, basically
    it's just a popup menu.
  4. Cherrepaha Win User

NEW DASHBOARD UPDATE BROKE THE APPS SEARCH! ALSO TURNED ON CLOSED CAPTIONING IN CONOLE OPTIONS!

Try opening a video in the YouTube app. Bring up the video controls and select the CC button on the far right of the control bar... Turn Off the closed captions in that menu. Exit the YouTube app.

That fixed it for me with the same issue in NHL Gamecenter on an Aussie Xbox.
  5. MaeMagz Win User

No Game Audio through Headset/Earphones After Controller Update

Try opening your Xbox menu by pressing the home button on your controller, then clicking "audio". There should be a volume bar for game vs voice chat below the regular audio bar. Moving this bar to the right makes the game louder and voice chat quieter,
    moving it to the left makes voice chat louder and the game quieter. Hope this helps!
  6. Jaymo1978 Win User

895-system 32.exe

Hey Michael! What is happening is, it sounds like your Edge is starting on the most recently-opened tab. Often, on a site which probably would give a virus on the computer itself (one of those that pop open a specific window and refuse to close, or tell
    you to click something to get rid of a virus but it turns out to be a virus itself) these will open the tab, and then when closing Edge, the next time you open it, that same tab is already there.

There are a couple of things you can do. Try opening your browser on your Xbox, then on your controller, press the "view" button (this looks like two interlocking squares to the left of the Xbox Logo.) This will open the "new tab" and "address bar" window.
    From here you should be able to close existing tabs by highlighting the tab you wish to close, pressing menu, and choosing "Close Tab. Then you will start fresh with a new tab.

If that doesn't work, you can also search for any item in the game store, then scroll all the way to the right and choose "Web Results." This will force Edge to re-open on a new tab showing Bing Search results, and the "bad" tab will be in the background.
    Now you SHOULD be able to use the "view button method" listed above to close the offending tabs.

Oh, and don't worry about Viruses - that won't happen with Xbox One, so no virus-scan program is required.

Let me know!
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller opening menu bar and closing - Similar Threads - controller opening menu

2. Xbox Game Bar not opening when using controller Guide/Xbox button

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not opening when using controller Guide/Xbox button: Today I'm suddenly unable to open the Xbox game bar in win10 when pressing the guide button or w/e it's called in the center of the controller, even though windows key+g still works. In addition...
  3. Xbox One controller, black wont open up all the games when I press the glowing XBOX button

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox One controller, black wont open up all the games when I press the glowing XBOX button: So the games wont pop up when I press the button on the controller, and I already pressed the power button for 10 seconds. It started happening when I started using Remote Play alot. And also,...
  4. controller not working when trying to open game

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller not working when trying to open game: The controller works except when I try to open the Oblivion game then only the joystick works to move to different options like continue, new, load , but I can't select any of them. It's the xbox...
  5. Help! My Xbox elite 2 controller mic not working after I opened it

in XboX Insiders
    Help! My Xbox elite 2 controller mic not working after I opened it: I have an elite series 2 controller and I opened it to fix the rb button and now I can’t speak, someone please help me submitted by /u/ItzNotNinja [link] [comments]
  6. How do I open a book or pick up an item with controller in Quern?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I open a book or pick up an item with controller in Quern?: I am a 75 year old beginning gamer. Quern looked interesting so I bought it. Didn't seem to work with my mouse. I bought an Xbox controller. How do you pick up an item or open a book using the...
  7. Remote Play, Xbox Button on Controller opening GamePass App or Android Home Screen

in XBoX on Mobile
    Remote Play, Xbox Button on Controller opening GamePass App or Android Home Screen: Here recently ive been battling with remote play, anywhere from it not connecting at all to the analogs and d-pad not working because I guess I needed to disable some accessibility settings? (...
  8. tab opens up when I press any button on my xbox controller. How do i fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    tab opens up when I press any button on my xbox controller. How do i fix this?: download msfs 2020 and its so slow that want play RDR 2 when waiting. After minutes play i have 100 tab open. 6cab0e0d-f8f3-4b41-8719-89dc5f355f25
  9. The A button on my controller opens the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    The A button on my controller opens the game bar: I am using an Xbox controller on a PC. When I connect my controller via Bluetooth, pressing the A button on the controller opens the Xbox Game Bar. It doesn't do this when I connect using the USB...
  10. Xbox one controller won’t respond to Xbox after I open home menu.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller won’t respond to Xbox after I open home menu.: i have an issue with my Xbox one my controller won’t to my Xbox one. I have tried the hold power button and unplug cord trick it works till I click my home button I don’t know what’s going on...