Xbox One controller overheating

Discus and support Xbox One controller overheating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, how can a 60-80$ controller overheat that easy? Worked fine yesterday, then I went to buy some food, when I came back it was not responding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndersSchultz, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Xbox One controller overheating

Hello,

how can a 60-80$ controller overheat that easy?

Worked fine yesterday, then I went to buy some food, when I came back it was not responding and no light turns on.

Im don't even use it much, so I am really confused by this.

When I put batteries in it, it starts to get hot right above the d-pad. And when i go check google for answers and solutions, everybody tells me to throw it out, before it catches fire. If this is a known problem even 2-3 years ago, how is it not fixed yet?

:)

AndersSchultz, Oct 7, 2019
  2. jerbear30ky Win User
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Sounds like a battery issue thats the only thing in the controller I can think that will generate heat? Maybe someone can add to that
  4. Ash of Snow Win User

In my years i have never had a controller overheat, i would suggest not playing with the controller, but if the issue just started when you put the batteries in i would also suggest trying to change them out.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Overheated XBOX One controller

If the controller is over 90 days old there would not be any warranty on it. You would probably be better off replacing it especially if it is over 90 days old.

Not sure who you bought it from of what information you are talking about being incorrect so if you have had it less than 90 days maybe you can provide that information. Keep in mind the 90 days is from time of purchase so it that was an individual that
    you bought it from online the time the owned it counts toward that 90 days.
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

Overheated XBOX One controller

Just a quick question, did you have regular batteries in the controller when it was connected by cable ?
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller overheating - Similar Threads - controller overheating

2. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Not Connecting To Wireless Adapter For PC: Hey Everyone, I'm having a frustrating issue with my xbox one wireless adapter and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When I turned on my pc yesterday I saw that my xbox one...
  3. Xcloud Controller Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud Controller Issue: Hello, I connected my controller via bluetooth. Upon entering Halo 5 my buttons are all wrong. The right analogue stick doesnt act as "aim" instead each direction is a different button. Any idea...
  4. Halo CE Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room keeps shutting down my Xbox One X - how can...

in XboX Insiders
    Halo CE Mission 5: Assault on the Control Room keeps shutting down my Xbox One X - how can...: [IMG] Hi all. I asked this question on Halo Waypoint and a 343i person recommended I check here for help. I have Halo CE: which I have been playing the campaign on my Xbox One X on a 4K TV....
  5. Controller smoking and overheating on charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller smoking and overheating on charge: Went to charge my controller last night, literally on had the cable in for seconds, smoke started coming out of the headset port and chat port, ive been on support and its out of warranty, anyone...
  6. Has your controller ever overheated before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has your controller ever overheated before?: recently I bought an xbox one controller which I believe was the winter forces one. One night I left it on the charger and when I woke up I could smell my controller was burning. Right next to the...
  7. Xbox one s controller overheating problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s controller overheating problem: Hello. I got my xbox one for 1 week. When I installed the batteries in the controller and started to set up the console I found that the battery door was getting warm to the touch. I immediately...
  8. my controller keeps overheating or just wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller keeps overheating or just wont turn on: Hey guys, so about 2 days ago, my controller wouldn't turn on, but I was using a USB cord so i figured that it was just the cord that was broken, so I got a new unopened cord I had stored around...
  9. Overheated XBOX One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheated XBOX One controller: I use my XO controller solely with my PC and one day it just overheated for no reason while I left it connected to my PC with a USB cable. It was extremely hot when I touched it and is now faulty...
  10. Controller overheated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller overheated: So I was playing on my xbox when I got the low batteries warning. I kept playing for a while but then the white LED turned off and I figured batteries had died. Today I decided to take away the...