Xbox one controller range issue

Discus and support Xbox one controller range issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Any of you guys know how to fix this issue my wireless controller gets disconnected when i go 20cm away from my console submitted by /u/Defy_11... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Defy_11, Aug 30, 2019.

1. /u/Defy_11
    /u/Defy_11 Guest

Any of you guys know how to fix this issue my wireless controller gets disconnected when i go 20cm away from my console

submitted by /u/Defy_11
    [link] [comments]

/u/Defy_11, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Hordie Win User

Is there a solution yet to extend the Xbox one wireless controller range yet?

Hi MiffedJoker46,

If you're running into an issue with range due to the wireless on the controller, then there is likely nothing you can do currently to fix that (other than the USB cable). You can try following
    these steps
    to update the controller, which does fix some disconnection errors, but again probably will not resolve your range issues. Microsoft did listen to the customers about this, and designed a new controller with better range due to Bluetooth, but
    the solutions would require purchasing an Xbox One S which isn't out till August.

Hope this helps!
  3. ohno itstheCoPz Win User

xbox one controller range

more curious of the technical reason why this could happen more than fixing it since yes its been deemed non functional and i doubt with my limited knowledeg id be able to even
  4. InsectCentaur37 Win User

As other controller can connect to your console without any trouble, it only means that you got a faulty controller.

This cases do happens, but rarely.

By the way, you can use this page to share any of your great idea and opinion regarding Xbox:
  5. ArminatorX Win User

It might be "passive interference" that causes your controller to disconnect, if you move even so slightly as a few centimeters.

Depending on the material used to build the house or your room with the console, metal material might cause your controller signal to be reflected, and overlapping waves from the reflection might cancel out the signal in certain spots.
  6. Saeleth Win User

Spotty connectivity could be a result of batteries that are dying. That said it could be a result of faulty hardware. I would say grab your receipt and return it to the store.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller range issue - Similar Threads - controller range issue

2. xbox one controller range

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller range: so i bought a new controller two days ago and its basically doa and i contacted support so they are sending me a new one. i however am still curious about the issue and have been actively testing...
  3. Looking for solution on Maximum range on Xbox One S controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for solution on Maximum range on Xbox One S controllers: Probably sound like a broken record, but I'm hoping to find a solution to get maximum range on my controller. I have 6 tvs that I use throughout the house, xbox one is connected to a video/audio...
  4. Wireless Range - Controllers - multiple rooms

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Range - Controllers - multiple rooms: Hello Xbox staff, I am very disappointed with the Xbox one standard controller wireless range. I have an A/V room for all of my amps, game consoles and other media players. The Xbox 360 worked...
  5. New XBOX One S controller has near-zero bluetooth range

in XBoX on Consoles
    New XBOX One S controller has near-zero bluetooth range: I bought a new XBOX One S controller. It arrived via FedEx today. After updating the firmware via USB and much trouble trying to pair it with my fully updated Windows 10, I finally discovered that...
  6. do the new Xbox one S controllers have better range? Are they backward compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    do the new Xbox one S controllers have better range? Are they backward compatible?: I have my xbox one in the living room. on the direct opposite wall is the master bedroom with its 40: HDTV. I initially ran a HDMI cable through the wall and connected it to the bedroom HDTV in...
  7. White Xbox One controller has wireless range of less than 5 feet

in XBoX on Consoles
    White Xbox One controller has wireless range of less than 5 feet: I just purchased a new White Xbox One controller and connected it to my Xbox for the first time tonight (Xbox One, 500GB, still under warranty; not a One S console). I'm extremely disappointed as...
  8. controller range question

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller range question: ok I have my xbox set up in the basement. literally right below me in the living room not 6 feet away. I have my hdmi split to give me signal in the living room and in my basement room. the signal...
  9. How to extend xbox one controller range ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to extend xbox one controller range ?: Hii my xbox one is in my living room and i want to play with him in other room. I search a lot on the internet and havnt find a solution to this verry popular problem. Mybe you can help me and...
  10. Is there a solution yet to extend the Xbox one wireless controller range yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a solution yet to extend the Xbox one wireless controller range yet?: I have an xbox one in the living room. on the direct opposite wall is the bedroom & its HDTV. I was able to run a HDMI cable from the living room based xbox one to my bedroom HDTV. It initially...